+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Archonix Producer`s Letter and PVP

Default Archonix Producer`s Letter and PVP

List of what have to be done in pvp, for better game experience.
    (please add your wishes/ideas)

-Elo needs to reset in every "season". I donít even care if Elo reset cost credit, but it needs to be done
    -matchmaking needs huge improving, bgs needs to be locked preventing chain-join to already lost bgs
    -add new tier of pvp consumables
    -add pvp runes as we had in SL. When we win there is a chance for pvp runes or pvp consumables too form the chest
    -put something shiny in CQ chest, something valuable what is worth to fight for. Warmonger marks, upgrade parts, favor tokensÖ then raids will be forming and CQ will not barren.
    -pvp balance and adjustment on specific abilities. For example one ability what can crit 40 K, has 2 sec cd, but can be instant depending on rng VS similar ability has 2 sec cast never will be instant and crit 10K.
    -less burst. 50K damage on a gcd not fun. One shooting/instadeath pvp not belongs to an MMO
    -less turtle, more action, punishment on cross heal, but without punishing st heals. But when a team has only tanks and healers they should lose.
    -less pve oriented bgs, pick up, hold and heal not FUN!
    -balance ranged vs melee. We wants front line back. Middle turtling heal and ranged aoe fest bgs are not fun.
    -daily pvp quest for increased favor
    -increased favor from kills
    -lag fix. lag is huge especially in library when the map is full and whitefall close to unbearable. Dominators makes me lag. Million particles makes me lag. (curious updated engine how will handle this and cq?)
    -stop forcing players to pvp if they donít want!
    -increase players base hp, either increase END stat on pvp gear or with a flat buff in bgs, OR increase damage reduction and adjust healing reduction accordingly too
    -less RNG
    -bug fixing (chamber spiral still has los issues?)

Grind and new tier of gear is NOT content!

GIVE US BACK PVP GEAR PROGRESSION. PVP GEAR SHOULD BE BIS IN PVP NO MATTER WHAT!

I read Archonix`s letter about future, and tbh I`m not satisfied. About pvp there is only 1 sentence. Improvement?! They promised new souls?! They donít see that they `r failing to balance and upgrade already existing souls. Look on mage for example. How many unused, neglected souls, there are souls what untouched since SL! What is updated dumbed down for more simple playstyle. We were promised after chloro healing crystal bugfix (months ago!) that chloro will not let down but itís a broken promise. Nothing happened with chloro. But I still read everywhere chloro is the worst pvp healer soul. Some doesnít even count chloro for pvp healer!? But I donít want a rant about chloro here. If the meta would change then chloro would be viable again and it wouldnít need to be touched. (less burst, front line exist for example)

Tbh I donít play again since more than 1 month, not even patron since a few weeks, (first time since I play but I was patron for years) but if I would see some real improvements and not just failed promising I would come back and be patron again.

Trion if you want improvement in pvp, try that direction what we suggest!

Thank you for reading.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Totally rework Conquest: Stillmoor into a capture/defend the Keep, there's already 3 "castles" in Stillmoor, just add doors and higher walls, make us collect materials to build catapults, siege engines etc..there you go, big step ti improving Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    -Elo needs to reset in every "season". I donít even care if Elo reset cost credit, but it needs
    Cost credits? This would imply Elo reset to be optional, right?
    That would be fun.

#Forever4kelo

I think I agree with pretty much everything OP listed. Thank you for posting!
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Totally rework Conquest: Stillmoor into a capture/defend the Keep, there's already 3 "castles" in Stillmoor, just add doors and higher walls, make us collect materials to build catapults, siege engines etc..there you go, big step ti improving Conquest
    It could be a fun alternative map.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

You say "don't force players to pvp that don't want to" but also say "put a shiny reward that people will fight for in the CQ box". The same problem is going to happen. You'll get people afking on winning teams or leaving on losing teams. The majority of premades forming (not the fast cap bs) are players who want to be there already. Introducing a better reward will only bring more players who don't really want to be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Funny how nothing have been mentioned about the melee-range meta in that producer's letter...

Personally, I couldn't give less of a flying fork about the technical "buff" to Rift. These hypocrites couldn't care less about the PvP aspects of this game. Nothing will change for PvPlers in 2016. We should keep this in mind.

Anyways, everything is cool. I've been having a blast in Blade&Soul so far.
    Last edited by RealRyco; 02-04-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacrim View Post
    Cost credits? This would imply Elo reset to be optional, right?
    That would be fun.

#Forever4kelo
    Sure it would be only optional. I wouldn't force players to spend credit, but I`m desperate and I want to get rid of my Elo. I know players who loves their Elo. I don't, its bugged, badly inflated, and cursed. I would like a possibility in the game to reset if I want it.

#Forever4kelo

We need weapons to drop again for WF win rewards.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

I agree with the majority of the OP's suggestions, but tbh I'm pretty callous anymore due to the past 2 years or so of monitoring the actions of Trion.

I just kind of get the feeling that the producer's letter & livestream is just a knee-jerk reaction to the playerbase reaching an all new peak of negativity- and is intended to reduce the hemorrhaging of the population. Either way, the "too little, too late" adage comes to mind in this scenario.

I really hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Hectyr; 02-04-2016 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    You say "don't force players to pvp that don't want to" but also say "put a shiny reward that people will fight for in the CQ box". The same problem is going to happen. You'll get people afking on winning teams or leaving on losing teams. The majority of premades forming (not the fast cap bs) are players who want to be there already. Introducing a better reward will only bring more players who don't really want to be there.
    You realised that I didn't list eye/heart or other raid component on my wish list? Warmonger mark, favor tokens only usable in pvp, upgrade parts could be only the PVP upgrade part. I prefer to put pvp items only in the chest, so only players who wants to participate in pvp would join to CQ. But the chest needs better reward, 400 VS and a slight chance for heart (what is already outdated) just not enough for the efforts and time what we would spend in CQ. Look at the time when sparkling quest was active. There were multiple premades in CQ even on EU. Fast cap was almost impossible.

CQ needs more adjustment anyway, but first step should be better rewards.

Plane Walker

Lots can be said about PVP with respect gearing, ELO, CQ and warfronts. I agree with much of it. But, if we are talking the future of PVP I am going to take my own tangent.

Since the truce of the factions back in 2012 (aka Guardians and Defiant can group and guild together) there has been little done to improve world pvp based on this. In my opinion there are two options (maybe more) to change this. Change the open world pvp flagging over to either:
    • Guild versus guild, or
    • Factional (NF,OS,DOM is a great template), where your guild aligns to a faction then your guild members are PVP flagged based on this.

Based on this there could be some fun ways to encourage open world pvp.
    • Have specific towns in the world that can be Ďclaimedí by guilds and once a guild has claimed this town their guild tag is displayed with the town name on the map.
    • Have a factional base in the open world (you have a lot of space I am sure there are a few corners that can be re-purposed). From time to time spawns a leader (NPC maybe similar to the difficult of the Tyrant of the Wilds) that the other factions need to attack and kill while your faction needs to defend. This should be a Seastone only spawn. And, rewards and faction balance issues should be considered heavily in the design.
    I am sure there are other scenarios that could be dreamed up.

In my opinion warfronts are what they are. Improvement to ELO match making, warfront join criteria, etc would be a nice QoL change but this wonít change the current state of pvp in Rift. Something like an open world pvp revitalization could do that.
    Koz

Ascendant

GIVE US BACK PVP GEAR PROGRESSION. PVP GEAR SHOULD BE BIS IN PVP NO MATTER WHAT!
    I thought your suggestions were done before reading that line, was wondering how can you forget that!

This is pretty much one of the most important thing they need to fix imho.

Agreed to pretty much your entire list except one thing :
    -pvp balance and adjustment on specific abilities. For example one ability what can crit 40 K, has 2 sec cd, but can be instant depending on rng VS similar ability has 2 sec cast never will be instant and crit 10K.

The balance should be made class vs class, soul vs soul, spec vs spec.
    Not abilities vs abilites... or all classes will be the same.

I see no problem with an instant ability critting for more than a 2 second cast ability...
    As long as it's the first spec's "good ability" and the other spec has something else going for it, and so on.

Of course if that's the best ability of both specs it's wrong, but usually all specs have something great, and it doesn't have to be the same/close to be right imho.

AHA! Yes!

+1
    Ya boy Car
    Warfront Spanker

everything you said
    i could add a few more text wall pages. you are absolutely right about all.

it would make me happy if only half things you said come true. but im afraid none will.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast