+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Hectyr
  • 4 Post By Riane

Thread: PVP Killstreaks; Small start to Competitive PVP?

Default PVP Killstreaks; Small start to Competitive PVP?

I'm sure this may have been brought up before, but the killstreak titles that Rift has are pretty vague nowadays (You know, the Kill Spree/Rampage/Unstoppable titles). We need something to inspire people in warfronts to perform well. This is a new goal that they may reach one day. I suggest a re-format to the kill streak titles and even more titles to be added. This is what I think it should be tweaked to:

Mind you, these are streaks without dying, not individual killing blows between deaths.

Killing Spree - 3 Killing Blows
    Rampage - 7 Killing Blows
    Unstoppable - 12 Killing Blows
    Legendary - 18 Killing Blows
    Godly - 25+ Killing Blows

Now, for Godly, there should be an achievement, with a title as a reward, being as it is going to be damn near impossible to reach. !Sorry in advance if something like this title is already in the game!

Elicit the God

Just some ideas to have people play more competitively, and something to go for as well.
    Your thoughts??
    Last edited by iElicit; 02-03-2016 at 08:36 PM.
    Ya boy Car
    Warfront Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by iElicit View Post
    I'm sure this may have been brought up before, but the killstreak titles that Rift has are pretty vague nowadays (You know, the Kill Spree/Rampage/Unstoppable titles). We need something to inspire people in warfronts to perform well. This is a new goal that they may reach one day. I suggest a re-format to the kill streak titles and even more titles to be added. This is what I think it should be tweaked to:

Mind you, these are streaks without dying, not individual killing blows between deaths.

Killing Spree - 3 Killing Blows
    Rampage - 7 Killing Blows
    Unstoppable - 12 Killing Blows
    Legendary - 18 Killing Blows
    Godly - 25+ Killing Blows

Now, for Godly, there should be an achievement, with a title as a reward, being as it is going to be damn near impossible to reach. !Sorry in advance if something like this title is already in the game!

Elicit the God

Just some ideas to have people play more competitively, and something to go for as well.
    Your thoughts??
    That moment when you see pyro's and MM's go 30-0.

What about the pocket healer required to support a player to reach 20+ killing blows- do they get fancy titles and streak notarizations too?

The Babysitter?
    Like a Surgeon?

Do killing streaks reflect more the skill of a player- or the ineptitude of the opposition?

I fail to see how any of the original post promotes competitive pvp.

Competitive epeening- yes.

And we already have that here in forums.

lol.
    Killstreaks are for an individual person. If healers want to help a certain player they can, but it will not affect themselves. This is for kills, not heals. If healers want this, they would have to learn dps.

Also, even if you do have heals, mantaining a godly killstreak is pretty difficult. Keep in mind that healers can die too.
    Ya boy Car
    Warfront Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by iElicit View Post
    If healers want this, they would have to learn dps.
    If DPSers want this, they would have to learn to heal.

Why is that? Also, some can. Most, anyway.
    Ya boy Car
    Warfront Spanker

Plane Walker

It'd be cool to see new flavor text, but cheeves aren't really necessary imo. Getting cheeves for objectives is different because it requires a bit more team effort and is what determines the win, whereas killing sprees are easily performed if you play a lolrangedspec like Inq, Pyro or MM. 25+ is somewhat difficult to get, but it's not as meaningful--more than not it just shows you went against undergeared players who were easy to blow up and had good (pocket) healers on your team.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

+ Reply to Thread