+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What I Enjoy About Rift PvP

Default What I Enjoy About Rift PvP

1) The comradery.
    2) How every now and then I am a "Juggernaut."
    3) How every now and then I am "Unstoppable."
    4) When six players target me at the same time and it takes me thirty seconds to die, if at all. (Probably the same as #2 and #3 but what the hell.)
    5) Those rare occasions Port Scion pops.
    6) When my group has an uber healer. (Which is the only way #2, #3 and #4 happen - thank you PvP healers!)
    7) Those rare occasions Blighted Antechamber and Karthan Ridge don't pop.
    8) When a player in my group loses their **** and starts raging in raid chat - thanks for the laughs but learn to walk away and do other things. Its only a game.
    9) When I get something useful from the supply crate.
    10) When I am able to steal a stone from the enemy base in Whitefall Steppes. (One of these days I'll actually get one back to our base.)

I'm sure there are other things I enjoy about Rift PvP but I'll be ****** if I can think of them right now.

What about you folks? What do you enjoy about Rift PvP?

Rift Disciple

When I out heal Healer specs as a Tank.

Once my own pvp weeklies on my main are done it's relax time on alts and I enjoy:

- When people send me rage whispers during or after a match

- Ragewhispers from people I randomly pick that don't get heals due to not liking their name or outfit

- When said people complain about it in raid chat and I'm the only healer I go dps so others get angry at the poor guy for complaining and losing the game. I lol.

- Being the only healer and switching to dps 5 seconds before the game starts so people freak out or switch to heals themself in which case I always switch back too. If not I randomly switch to heals to give my team hope but only heal myself.

- Basically anything I can come up with that isn't against the ToS to make people angry and could cause a loss without ever saying a word. I never say stuff like: no heals for you or other "warnings" you sometimes read from people. I only laugh.

Good times.

Just the memories I have from some of these moments making me lol irl right now

I enjoy crossevents chat during primetime. That's where the best pvp is
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

- getting "Killing spree" on a Warden

- those epic moments when the match starts as a total fail and then suddenly it all turns around and my team wins with only a few points gap

- getting "thank you" whispers during the match

- seeing a friend on the opposite team and exchanging sweet emotes while beating the crap out of each other <3

- stealing a stone/flag and turning the match around

- seeing teamwork in a pug

- when someone says "FOOD" before the match, I dunno why but it always makes me laugh (and hungry)

- getting rekt in a match and then joining the former opposite team in the next one and thinking "who's getting rekt now lol"

- when switching to heals makes a difference.

And the shinies.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

How top players of any class, can perform

How support roles, can be game changers

How some games ends up so tight, that its a matter of seconds that decides the winner

How i can take a solid beating, and survives =o

How leadership matters, and some teams are very good at listening

How good my Elo is =o even tho its harder to climb now

How some people should learn more hybrids

Plenty of things!

Pvp all day!

Sincerely, Exxy

I play a support spec, and I balance my time between not huge amounts of DPS numbers, but a fairly good amount of aoe healing ability.

- I like being a pocket healer for the healers when they are being targeted into oblivion.

- I like saving people who the healers can't get to in time sometimes, or keeping the raid alive when the healers are dead for the moment.

- I like using spotter's call (instant cast) to target as many of the enemy as I can because whoever hits them next, is going to kill them much faster.. and it's fun to watch them die really quickly.. So mean.. I know... but I feel no remorse..

- I have very very rarely been a Juggernaut or unstoppable.. I still have no idea what that actually means.. but it felt good to see it.

- I love conquest because it feels epic to me to be in a group of hopefully 100+ people running all over the place.. jumping off cliffs.. and just slogging it out.

- I like it when I've managed to out heal the dedicated healers in the raid.. unfortunately, I've never out DPSed the top DPSers.. but I'm working on that!

- I like it when after the match, those times when I find myself right up there with all the other people in most kills...

PvP has basically turned me into a remorseless, bloodthirsty person. So much fun!!!

Ahnani@Greybriar
    Ahnastasha@Greybriar
    Shadawni@Greybriar
    Thrainah@Greybriar

Are you guys done?
    Ya boy Car
    Warfront Spanker

What I find enjoyable about Rift pvp is that I havent played it in almost a year and a half, will get back to you once I try it again.

Same as always. Winning, solider the better.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Watching what other ppl do sometimes is good entertainment. Especially, how they do it makes me amused. Chats another highlight combined with how their actions in game mingle & mix for fussing or celebration. I find myself queing wfs well after the weeklys been met, but might be because of my favor upgrades too. The close matches are what I enjoy best.
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

Default from My heart..

What I most enjoy within RIFT's PvP

- The conversation in party chat after a 2min.+ long Queue/WF pop

- How the definition of "bad" walks a tight rope in reverse

- Feedback from Ash Wednesday(WF pm reset fever)

- The volcano debate in xEvents, when whats his face vomits on and on about "ELO"

- Unstoppable.. Everyone's fav

- When 4+ players try hard to kill you, and in their minds it was 1v1.. (revisit section count 2)

- When My team is Blessed with a competent healer(s)

- The good'ol turn around when thrown in MID WF, and it seems impossible

- Connecting with players after a job well done

- The Codex

- CQ

Side note: RIFT is Life

~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Telaran

I actually really like blighted antechamber even though I don't really like melee classes.

I like:
    - surviving for more than 5 seconds
    - any WF besides BG fang
    -somewhat evenly matched matches

Quote Originally Posted by Madballz View Post
    Once my own pvp weeklies on my main are done it's relax time on alts and I enjoy:

- When people send me rage whispers during or after a match

- Ragewhispers from people I randomly pick that don't get heals due to not liking their name or outfit

- When said people complain about it in raid chat and I'm the only healer I go dps so others get angry at the poor guy for complaining and losing the game. I lol.

- Being the only healer and switching to dps 5 seconds before the game starts so people freak out or switch to heals themself in which case I always switch back too. If not I randomly switch to heals to give my team hope but only heal myself.

- Basically anything I can come up with that isn't against the ToS to make people angry and could cause a loss without ever saying a word. I never say stuff like: no heals for you or other "warnings" you sometimes read from people. I only laugh.

Good times.

Just the memories I have from some of these moments making me lol irl right now

I like you

Soulwalker

I like you to!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast