+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Trion what the hell is this?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    296

    Default Trion what the hell is this?

    http://imgur.com/FXxUOLQ
    http://imgur.com/Ul8bMG1
    http://imgur.com/Ac1EYj0
    http://imgur.com/pmjmoXl

    I don't know anymore trion. the same thing goes on and on and on in pvp. From dealing with a players where the majority is stealthing rogues to mass unreasonable ranged spam you can't possible escape from. i'll be sure to never send another dollar your way.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 02-02-2016 at 02:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    looks something kinda like this:

    Trion what the hell is this?-kill-steal.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched RealRyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    http://imgur.com/FXxUOLQ
    http://imgur.com/Ul8bMG1
    http://imgur.com/Ac1EYj0
    http://imgur.com/pmjmoXl

    I don't know anymore trion. the same thing goes on and on and on in pvp. From dealing with a players where the majority is stealthing rogues to mass unreasonable ranged spam you can't possible escape from. i'll be sure to never send another dollar your way.
    Welcome to Rift, where range classes (the devs tend to forget that being range is already a massive advantage) do more damage, have more (anti-) crowd control, more survivability (due to being ranged and having more CC while having same HP-regeneration) and same or more mobility than melee specs.

    There's a reason why 99,9% plays range in all WFs. The same reason why you will see so many tinfoil hats defending range classes here in the forums because almost all melee oriented PvPlers already left.
    Last edited by RealRyco; 02-02-2016 at 04:43 AM.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    http://imgur.com/FXxUOLQ
    http://imgur.com/Ul8bMG1
    http://imgur.com/Ac1EYj0
    http://imgur.com/pmjmoXl

    I don't know anymore trion. the same thing goes on and on and on in pvp. From dealing with a players where the majority is stealthing rogues to mass unreasonable ranged spam you can't possible escape from. i'll be sure to never send another dollar your way.
    That's a missed interrupt, it is literally all you have to do. You cannot blame a company for your lack of understanding / other peoples play style. Play better / different / be more aware / etc..
    Last edited by Drewsy; 02-02-2016 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Where is the alacrity + combat focus crit 1 shot =(

  5. #5
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRyco View Post
    Welcome to Rift, where range classes ... do more damage ... than melee specs.

    There's a reason why 99,9% plays range in all WFs. The same reason why you will see so many tinfoil hats defending range classes here in the forums because almost all melee oriented PvPlers already left.
    not defending ranged classes, but... the damage I posted above is from a melee soul.


    still agree with you in general on most other points regarding the ranged advantage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched RealRyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    not defending ranged classes, but... the damage I posted above is from a melee soul.
    You mean Rift Burst, which can be tied to a 35m ranged spam ability?

    Stop it already...
    Last edited by RealRyco; 02-02-2016 at 04:56 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched RealRyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewsy View Post
    That's a missed interrupt, it is literally all you have to do. You cannot blame a company for your lack of understanding / other peoples play style. Play better / different / be more aware / etc..
    Like I said, the forums is full of ranged jurks jurking over the plain fact that ranged is in clear advantage in all aspects.

    His edit reason is a complaint about a melee soul. See what I mean?

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRyco View Post
    You mean Rift Burst, which can be tied to a 35m ranged spam ability?

    Stop it already...
    It can be, but in this case as Stonespear is a ranged ability, it is in the melee Rift Blade rotation, and I am going to guess that it was used in melee range, or close to it.

    Rift Strike > Stonespear > Searing Strike

    Just a thought =]

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRyco View Post
    Like I said, the forums is full of ranged jurks jurking over the plain fact that ranged is in clear advantage in all aspects.

    His edit reason is a complaint about a melee soul. See what I mean?
    No I disagree I play RB / BM / Paragon in warfronts all the time, blowing wigs off of primalists and mages who are always ranged. They use a series of stuns / debilitates as well as I do.

    With that said there is a CLEAR advantage to ranged =]

  10. #10
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRyco View Post
    You mean Rift Burst, which can be tied to a 35m ranged spam ability?

    Stop it already...
    oh, I totally agree that RB is a bit more flexible when having to fight from ranged than many other melee classes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched RealRyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewsy View Post
    No I disagree I play RB / BM / Paragon in warfronts all the time, blowing wigs off of primalists and mages who are always ranged. They use a series of stuns / debilitates as well as I do.

    With that said there is a CLEAR advantage to ranged =]
    Cool story. Except that all you said you can do, a ranged can do from 35m.

    Now put that into equation of a 20 vs 20 zerg WF, where 90% is ranged, 10% (if lucky enough) is heals, 1% is melee or any uncommon specs. Now you don't run a premade with pocketheals, I guess it must be awesome seeing yourself tab-target-insta-die since you are in a pure dps spec.
    Last edited by RealRyco; 02-02-2016 at 05:16 AM.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    399

    Default

    I'd hate to see a post from a target of my virtuoso spam.

    They take 15 hits of the 15-20k variety...
    Pakolu, The Squirrel.
    <Old Farts>, Wolvesbane (I refuse to spell it wrong.)

  13. #13
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Saw you trying to play a vk/para hybrid. Thought it was cute.

    Melee is dead.* They said the wanted to improve it, but it's been an entire expansion, and now we hear they need more monies to keep up the same good work.

    Ask vladd or red hawk. They'll love the noise.



    *in an evenish non-blighted match, without a matchmaking evading, stacked elo 13khit+ premade.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-02-2016 at 06:41 AM.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched RealRyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Saw you trying to play a vk/para hybrid. Thought it was cute.

    Melee is dead.* They said the wanted to improve it, but it's been an entire expansion, and now we hear they need more monies to keep up the same good work.

    Ask vladd or red hawk. They'll love the noise.



    *in an evenish non-blighted match, without a matchmaking evading, stacked elo 13khit+ premade.
    You will never see me rolling a 61 spec, since I find them boring. Rift for me is all about hybrids. Too bad VK/Para isn't that valuable anymore. I figured Warladin performs better. In melee aspects that is.

    Devs are all about PvE now. You'll see more ranged buffs in near future rather than melee balancing, that's for sure.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    There is so much that just shouldn't fundamentally exist in PvP:
    • Scorch/Deaden: because ogcd 5s hard cc with a 10s cd is a horrible idea. Especially when they are on the highest output ranged souls in PvP.
    • Grasping the Horizon/Phantom Blades: 50% uptime on being a ranged soul should not be a thing.
    • Spammable CC/Purges: Abolition got an icd and is very rarely seen anymore. Cleansing Flames (which is a 10 target aoe) still exists. The current state of Cab should not exist.
    • Healers with CC: aoe stuns, knockbacks, debilitates, snares.
    • Break Frees: You get a break free! You get a break free! EVERYONE gets a break free! (unless you're a Rogue). Harb and Pyro are especially obscene. Between Hastened Withdrawal, Flicker/Planar Retreat, and Ride the wind they are neigh uncontrollable and both have immense amounts of hard CC of their own.

    Those are some things that just cannot be present for a good meta. Overabundance of CC/Utility and things like GtH/PB will not allow decent ranged vs. melee gameplay.

    Then you get into individual stuff that is just broken:
    • Death Touch: SIGNIFICANTLY too strong. 80% debuff for both primary and secondary stats, uncleansable snare with >50% uptime attached to one of Para's hardest hitting abilities.
    • Purifier: That's all I need to say. Purifier.
    • Ethereal Beam: Way too much damage. Primalist just obviously received very little thought in terms of PvP over all.
    • Actually burst in general: both damage and healing. Pyro can hit you with Fulm/CB/EB/CD all at the same time, which can effectively 1 shot anyone under ~70k hp. Para can pop you for 50k+ in 1 gcd. From range. RB can string 3 30k Rift Bursts in a row. Sent can heal for 60k in 1 gcd. Unstable Transformation makes people unkillable. The list goes on.


    So many things have been implemented and balanced for PvE without a single thought to the PvP implications over the last 3 years that it is a total ****show.

    Welcome to Rift.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts