Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By McGregors
  • 1 Post By Ahnani
  • 2 Post By Moops
  • 1 Post By Ahnani
  • 3 Post By Kronos v
  • 2 Post By Kronos v
  • 1 Post By tirza

Thread: Conquest (Disable direct invite)

Soulwalker

Default Conquest (Disable direct invite)

Please disable the ability to invite players when one is inside a conquest match. I have now done approximately 11 matches. Two minutes in looking for the next node to capture I hit "M" and see that one team already controls 55% of the map. Three minutes in 77% of the map is now controlled. I find out that there were approximately 30 on the winning team and 5/6 respectively on the losing teams. DISABLE ability for players to invite from without. If I cannot group queue for Conquest, for obvious balance team issues, then this mass inviting unbalancing issue should be disabled as well. Keep the teams balanced incrementally as warfronts are.

Like to hear other peoples opinions on this...

(pulls up soapbox) If winning is so important, that this "known advantage" (to anyone but new players) than I feel sad for the moral fiber of the current and previous generations that winning is more important than EARNING a win through the normal queue process.

Truth of the matter is everybody and their grandmother HATES CQ and wants it to be over ASAP, fairness be damned.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnisina View Post
    Truth of the matter is everybody and their grandmother HATES CQ and wants it to be over ASAP, fairness be damned.
    Not everyone... I happen to really love CQ.. although, to be fair, I haven't been doing it for years either. I like when there are 3 sides with huge amounts of people, and epic battles with it being neck and neck as to who might win right up to the very bitter slogged out end.. and don't mind if it takes awhile either..

Ahnani@Greybriar
    Ahnastasha@Greybriar
    Shadawni@Greybriar
    Thrainah@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnani View Post
    Not everyone... I happen to really love CQ.. although, to be fair, I haven't been doing it for years either. I like when there are 3 sides with huge amounts of people, and epic battles with it being neck and neck as to who might win right up to the very bitter slogged out end.. and don't mind if it takes awhile either..
    You Obviously haven't done CQ in a while

Quote Originally Posted by McGregors View Post
    Please disable the ability to invite players when one is inside a conquest match. I have now done approximately 11 matches. Two minutes in looking for the next node to capture I hit "M" and see that one team already controls 55% of the map. Three minutes in 77% of the map is now controlled. I find out that there were approximately 30 on the winning team and 5/6 respectively on the losing teams. DISABLE ability for players to invite from without. If I cannot group queue for Conquest, for obvious balance team issues, then this mass inviting unbalancing issue should be disabled as well. Keep the teams balanced incrementally as warfronts are.

Like to hear other peoples opinions on this...

(pulls up soapbox) If winning is so important, that this "known advantage" (to anyone but new players) than I feel sad for the moral fiber of the current and previous generations that winning is more important than EARNING a win through the normal queue process.
    People are forming a single raid prior to joining the cq and going in and doing this. it isnt people inviting from within. Get your friends together and do the same and fight them. not too hard
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    People are forming a single raid prior to joining the cq and going in and doing this. it isnt people inviting from within. Get your friends together and do the same and fight them. not too hard
    There are maybe 2-3 dozen hardcore PvPers left how do you suppose to form 2 separate raid groups from that pool? (apart from maybe at peak server time) you will never find 40 willing and able people to bring any competition to CQ and simply shouting "CQPM need ALL!" will certainly not bring the desired result.

Trion needs to make CQ great again! .. start by giving us Rewards worth investing 1-2h of time in .. 80/200 Void Stones are not it! .. there is the 10 VS you get periodically how about making that 25 or 50! that would go a long way towards bringing more people in. Reward PLAY TIME not just the Victory.
    Last edited by Ninnisina; 01-29-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    What if i don't have friends
    Tacos for everyone

As someone who joins maybe 3 or 4 CQ matches per week to get a victory and slowly progress the kill quest, getting your one victory is really quite easy. Just make sure to join before any premade does and you'll have a 33% chance of being on the same team as one. There could be more premades than one, in which case you might have to fight for that victory.

If you want to revamp the whole system... well, get a job at Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnisina View Post
    You Obviously haven't done CQ in a while
    I actually do CQ several times typically a week, and have been known to do CQ even after I have both weeklies finished, and have little to no reasonable excuse to be there other than I like CQ...

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    What if i don't have friends
    aww.. I'll be your friend.. but I resist doing PMs. I would personally much rather fight with the underdogs (solo joiners) and see if we can beat the dark evil forces (PMs) of CQ.
    Last edited by Ahnani; 01-29-2016 at 01:08 PM.

Ahnani@Greybriar
    Ahnastasha@Greybriar
    Shadawni@Greybriar
    Thrainah@Greybriar

..Two minutes in looking for the next node to capture ...
    CQ is pvp. stop looking for turrets to farm and start looking for players to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

Default update

Okay well, i've recently had the luck of being told a couple good CQ leaders names and channel, so I can now ask to be part of the raid team from the word go. I've seen this from both sides now, the queue up the individual queue and the joining as a group queue. as a new player to CQ

Now that I am a little less ignorant to how it all works, and do enjoy being on the winning/communicating team, I still feel it should never be so lopsided as 30/5/5 within the first 3 min of any CQ. Also, due to the fact that new players/fresh blood are going to be what keeps a game alive and updated, If a new player witnesses something like a huge map loss in less than 3 min of a fresh battle they are going to think hackers/cheaters etc etc. Wrongly or rightly, it WILL be on their minds. The only way to combat this, is to only allow single individual queues, and only when one team is at 6 can all be at 6 and 7 and 8 and you get the picture, will parity be restored. Then it won't come down to who knows whom, and who was lucky enough to get into the huge group pre-queue.

I feel strongly this should and needs to remain a game where skills pay the bills. There are some amazing pvpers in those CQ's but if we want to foster more interest, parity needs to be restored.

The only time there should ever be a 30/5/5 number is if people are leaving because they lost after having enjoyed the effort and trials and travails of combat.

The only time there should ever be a 30/5/5 number is if people are leaving because they lost after having enjoyed the effort and trials and travails of combat.
    CQ was never intended to be 30/5/5.
    its not even intended to be 30/30/30.

CQ is intended to be 100+/100+/100+

that fact that it isn't what it is intended to be - even at peak times - is a great disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I try to get my kill count weekly in CQs. Most of the time I do, but don't beat myself up if I dont. I don't turret farm either. However, I have the advantage at joining CQs at prime time when there are a couple premades and/or postmades that charge in for mass pk count delectable honey roast booboo kitten snack feast.
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

Okay well, i've recently had the luck of being told a couple good CQ leaders names and channel, so I can now ask to be part of the raid team from the word go. I've seen this from both sides now, the queue up the individual queue and the joining as a group queue. as a new player to CQ

Now that I am a little less ignorant to how it all works, and do enjoy being on the winning/communicating team, I still feel it should never be so lopsided as 30/5/5 within the first 3 min of any CQ. Also, due to the fact that new players/fresh blood are going to be what keeps a game alive and updated, If a new player witnesses something like a huge map loss in less than 3 min of a fresh battle they are going to think hackers/cheaters etc etc. Wrongly or rightly, it WILL be on their minds. The only way to combat this, is to only allow single individual queues, and only when one team is at 6 can all be at 6 and 7 and 8 and you get the picture, will parity be restored. Then it won't come down to who knows whom, and who was lucky enough to get into the huge group pre-queue.

I feel strongly this should and needs to remain a game where skills pay the bills. There are some amazing pvpers in those CQ's but if we want to foster more interest, parity needs to be restored.

This usually happens on off hours when there are only like 30-40 people interested in playing.. then there's only one person to organize, then that leave the other 20 to be split among the 2 other factions the pm didn't get.

When you see a split capping pm, your best defense if going to those neutral extractors that are being attacked by 1 Pm member and kill them. take extractor and find the next one.. When they split and do this they are very vulnerable. (I did this and stayed off a fast cap by killing loners just today)
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    CQ is pvp. stop looking for turrets to farm and start looking for players to kill.
    The problem comes when me and my merry 5-6 team actually finds players to kill and is faced with pm of 20+ the small or large pug. Screw that.

+ Reply to Thread