+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Guide to PvP Combat

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Guide to PvP Combat

Looking for more information on how to master the art of PvP in RIFT? Check out these videos!

Still have questions? This forum is filled with a wealth of skilled players that can answer even more questions for you. If you want to see even more videos of PvP in action check out Grim's YouTube channel.

shp
    Champion

Yeah, let this noob teach me how to PvP.

No thanks.

Lol video about open world pvp, and contain lvl 60 footage with pvp daily what is not even in the game anymore.

dim pvp is not viable, if the dimension built. I mean all floors and lot of objects are bugged, and you can stuck in walls, and ports will fail on floor.

Is this some kind of joke?
    Kartia, rogue
    Forum White Knight
    PVP pocket healer

kinda have to agree that there is something of a "putting the cart before the horse" element in play here.

Telaran

LOL

I love the performance in the cq video. 0 fps, choppy lag, lol, at least it is legit representation of cq.

I'll put some pvp videos together for you trion, where do I submit?

Solo q, no premade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    kinda have to agree that there is something of a "putting the cart before the horse" element in play here.
    "The expression cart before the horse is an idiom or proverb used to suggest something is done contrary to a conventional or culturally expected order or relationship. A cart is a vehicle which is ordinarily pulled by a horse, so to put the cart before the horse is an analogy for doing things in the wrong order. The figure of speech means doing things the wrong way round or with the wrong emphasis. The idiom is about confusing cause and effect.

The meaning of the phrase is based on the assumption that it is usually easier to pull than to push." - copy/paste from Wikileaks.

(just had to explain Kronos ,cause people dont get him and some want to fix him)

by the way, in my country we say : putting the carrot in front of a donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by shp View Post

No thanks.
    Id agree with that in other circunstances since his guides are extremly bad, but if you saw the videos, he doesnt try to teach people on how to pvp. He basically states what pvp is and what kinds of pvp exist in rift as in "This is a domination map, capping the flags give you points" kind of stuff.

No thanks.
    But it already seems like most people don't know how to pvp to begin with...
    Shaolonfeng - Lvl 65 Warrior Khazeshini - Lvl 65 Mage
    Natsuno - Lvl 65 Rogue Erystar - Lvl 65 Cleric Tereni - Lvl 8 Primalist
    Grump Queen, Gives no S**ts, Mindless Pyromancer, Full-time Raid Healer

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolonfeng View Post
    But it already seems like most people don't know how to pvp to begin with...
    Seems to me you have stumbled upon something... I'm looking in the how to guides because I don't know how to do this very well.

Unfortunately these guides require a plug-in. No thank you.

Recommend Dev's sticky Dizbo's guide here.
    Last edited by Wylf; 04-24-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Plane Touched

No thanks.
    Just seen this post. Anyone that puts themselves out there to be scrutinized is going to have haters. Heck, Meduza is one of the best Pyro PvPers in the game but yet people hate on every video he posts. My guides are for people just learning a spec or getting into PvP for the first times. After that, using them is for if you want to play casually and not hardcore although some players seem to think everyone should be hardcore. If you don't need a beginner's guide, then why are you watching guides in the first place?

If you doubt my PvP ability, then just look at my Storm legion PvP videos and how much I dominated. I consistently would get over 30 kills with almost no deaths and I was deadset against ever running with a pocket healer. With Nightmare Tide I haven't had any of my characters geared out nor have I cared much for the PvP with the ranged volleyball insta burst kills that has been happening since 3.0.

If you still want to hate, then that is you.
    Rift PvP videos and Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/grimgamingrift
    Huge GIVEAWAYS every Saturday on the channel!

Plane Touched

And as some have noticed, this is more of an overview of PvP rather than a 'How To'. It shows all the different things that can happen, not necessarily what is ideal or happens often.
    Rift PvP videos and Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/grimgamingrift
    Huge GIVEAWAYS every Saturday on the channel!

Rift Chaser

@GrimTheGamer,

I feel your frustration. I am not here to criticize, my comment ("Unfortunately these guides require a plug-in. No thank you.") is solely based on the fact that using IE I can't view your video's without a plug in.

As for the those who want to criticize, let them. You don't see any how to guides by the anonymous posters who chose to take shots, they do not contribute to the discussion nor post their own how to video's. You do, you try and help, so just ignore them. I am going to direct you to tiny segment of a speech given by Theodore Roosevelt, Known today as "The Man in the Arena":

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Continue to be the man in the Arena, and not some faceless internet narcissist who nitpicks the work of others while being devoid of any ability or usefulness.

Soulwalker

Default Help

Do I need to do anything specific to start warfront's it will alow me to start queues, but won't ever set me in a warfront. Please help me.

Rift Chaser

Deleted Not Nec, Dementer200 double posted.
    Last edited by Wylf; 04-28-2016 at 03:47 PM.

Soulwalker

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only prerequisite to joining a warfront is being level 65; and I take this opportunity to make that statement only in order to point out to Trion what an enormous mistake I believe they've made in instituting said policy.

Firstly, it is not stated on the warfront queue that one will not be allowed to enter said warfront unless one is level 65, resulting in infinite frustration for those under level 65 who wait for hours to join only to learn from general chat that they cannot; and
    Secondly, from general chat reactions I can state with certainty that current as well as new players are being "turned off" by Rift in droves as a result of Trion's decision in this respect.

Perhaps this is not the best place to address this particular aspect of the OP's topic but it most definitely needs to be said, (and said again and again at every opportunity) until Trion reverts to multi-level accessible warfronts.

And P.S., I have a 65 toon and could personally not care less as pvp/warfronts is not a main attraction in my gameplay preferences. But I do like Rift and hate to see it shoot itself in the foot in terms of lifespan and attracting new players.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast