+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Hundred Blades and Dancing Steel Spam?

Default Hundred Blades and Dancing Steel Spam?

Is this the new definition of skill in pvp?

Channels that crit for 7k per tick, are AE, have 30 second CD, are uninterruptible and one even makes you immune to all crowd control so not even a stun can prevent them.

I wish my 1 min CD, single target channel was this good.
    Last edited by Belarios; 01-26-2016 at 05:01 PM.

Dancing Steel has a small range so all you have to do is run away.

I'm actually a huge fan of Bladedancer in pvp. It challenges the heal stacking and puts massive amounts of pressure on the group. That being said, it's almost entirely melee, so you can kite and focus the BD. If people spread out and focus targets, a Bladedancer is rather harmless, especially with the amount of healing in zerg matches.

They also make healing way more fun
    Last edited by Artewig; 01-26-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Melee range is 3m. Hundred Blades is 20m.

Dancing Steel is 6m, so quite a bit more forgiving than melee range. How do you run away from that unstunnable, unsnarable, unrootable rogue running at 50% speed for 24 of every 60 seconds?

Let's be serious, running away is pretty much not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Belarios View Post
    Melee range is 3m. Hundred Blades is 20m.

Dancing Steel is 6m, so quite a bit more forgiving than melee range. How do you run away from that unstunnable, unsnarable, unrootable rogue running at 50% speed for 24 of every 60 seconds?

Let's be serious, running away is pretty much not an option.
    Quite easily actually. If I'm dpsing, I'll knockback and root during Hundred Blades giving me plenty of room to move.

Besides, they're most likely in melee range and with all the tab targeters, they're most likely going to be focused naturally.
    Last edited by Artewig; 01-26-2016 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

What dev said..."Hey, rogues are already the most mobile, fastest, least interruptible class around with an extra break free in every spec with cleanse soul...why don't we give them a high damage AE channel that includes immunity to all crowd control for 6 seconds out of every 30 seconds. This is a great idea!"

Apparently, only a rogue can understand how that is balanced.

Yes. This is how you PvP the best.

It's funny, so many people still don't know that this thing is probably a sleeper as always.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-26-2016 at 07:09 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The fact that a blade dancer can do 18k planar variation ticks on the raid and hundred blades & dancing steel, then afterward blow up someone hitting 22k with their finisher (Yes actually happened to me), then 18k with builders (yes actually happened to me), is just messed up and I agree with this thread.

Plane Walker

Only a select few people know how to play Bladedancer and consistently keep damage up given that Bladedancer (when it's off CD) suffers greatly from disconnects as a melee spec. You also have to keep up certain buffs to maximize the potential of your damage, which is what prevents more people from learning the spec properly.

I've only recently learned to manage all my buttons, and in PvP, it's a bit more challenging to be aware of the things you have to maintain while you're not being tab-targeted by ranged specs like Pyro, MM, or Inq.

Actually given that, I've only seen one person play Bladedancer really well recently, and that's Hundreds. Even then, I usually see him queue with a pocket healer, given how easily you could focus fire him down from range.

I do support Bladedancer apart from other specs especially, as Artewig mentioned, when you have a team that just stacks with their healers and stands behind a LoS point the whole damn match. Otherwise you have Saboteur and Cabalist, but those have their respective build-up times, which are easily out-healed with a competent raid healer or two, which is almost always the case.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Plane Walker

What dev said..."Hey, rogues are already the most mobile, fastest, least interruptible class around with an extra break free in every spec with cleanse soul...why don't we give them a high damage AE channel that includes immunity to all crowd control for 6 seconds out of every 30 seconds. This is a great idea!"

Apparently, only a rogue can understand how that is balanced.
    1. Not most mobile, just look at the passive speed boosts in other classes, along with several utilities on short CDs. This I'm assuming makes up for the two specs that Rogues have for completely mobile stealth. Also, you have Harb and Warriors who have a combat stealth on an extremely short CD compared to Rogues.

2. The only other Break Free-type abilities for Rogues are found high up in the Bladedancer and Nightblade trees (and Ranger but lol)--and then you have Mages

Maybe just move out of the way for the 12-second window for both CDs and you should be okay?
    Last edited by Wonski; 01-26-2016 at 07:58 PM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Here's one cc that works on a bladedancer - debilitate. Sure, it doesn't stop the channel of Hundred Blades or dancing steel, but if the rogue is disoriented, they're walking around in random directions. Firing this off during Hundred Blades is the most effective; a root for dancing steel also works.

Regarding running away from a BD, well, so long as your entire raid isn't all running away in the same direction, the BD is unlikely to waste an aoe cooldown on you. In terms of 1v1, BD doesnt perform as well as other melee builds- its got good dps, but definitely not the best.

Now as for Planar Variation, its identical to Power Variation (hits 7 people) and BD isnt the only one who can make it crit. I can throw it on any rogue build and aoe with it.

As for every rogue soul getting an "extra" break free - some souls don't have a break free to begin with, so its not exactly an extra one is it? BD's break free, untangle, comes at 48 points, so stacking multiple break frees in rogues isn't easy (compared to other classes, such as warrior - one of my warrior friends who primarily pvps can stack 3- haven't asked with what build).

I agre pls nerf mele, 2 stronk in pvp and iz ruining the gaem experiense
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Wow, you rogues really have no idea how easy you have it.

Every class gets Break Free.

Some classes get free break free type abilities in their spec, some don't. Inquisitor and Shaman for example, don't get squat. Bladedancer on the other hand get Untangle that removes all crowd control effects and gives 8 seconds of immunity.

In addition to Break Free and whatever you may have in your soul, all rogue specs get Cleanse Soul which not only removes all crowd control effects but all debuffs and dots too.

Do you now understand the idea of a free "bonus" break free? You get three, some other classes get two, some classes get one.

Wow, you rogues really have no idea how easy you have it.

Every class gets Break Free.

Some classes get free break free type abilities in their spec, some don't. Inquisitor and Shaman for example, don't get squat. Bladedancer on the other hand get Untangle that removes all crowd control effects and gives 8 seconds of immunity.

In addition to Break Free and whatever you may have in your soul, all rogue specs get Cleanse Soul which not only removes all crowd control effects but all debuffs and dots too.

Do you now understand the idea of a free "bonus" break free? You get three, some other classes get two, some classes get one.
    Did...

Did you just say Bladedancers don't know how easy they have it from the perspective of an Inquisitor?

Hundred Blades and Dancing Steel Spam?-1335820139632.gif
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Quite easily actually. If I'm dpsing, I'll knockback and root during Hundred Blades giving me plenty of room to move.

Besides, they're most likely in melee range and with all the tab targeters, they're most likely going to be focused naturally.
    Eh... timing CC with precision in order to derail a burst cycle. Yeah, I'm too busy juggling heals while keeping myself alive to spare the attention. If a BD pressures me, I'll go the old, reliable, run-like-a-*****-while-wailing strategy and LoS if possible.

Seriously though, there are far more dangerous melee specs out there at the moment. BDs are definitely not in need of a nerf.

Plane Walker

Ah yes, the secret Cleanse Soul CC strat. If you get stunned, just wait for the stun to wear off so you can use Cleanse Soul. And I will guarantee you won't be stunned anymore!

As one of our presidents once said: Break frees aren't free.

But Untangle, really? An ability 48 points in with a two minute cooldown? Do realize that you can use 6 Flickers, 6 Dark Passages, or even a pair of Eludes during that time?

If you really have that much trouble from Bladedancers, why aren't you hiding under your desk from Paragons and Nightblades and whatever else? Besides, the shamans are coming, the shamans are coming!
    Last edited by archcomponent; 01-27-2016 at 12:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast