+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting up to speed on gear.

Default Getting up to speed on gear.

Hey folks

I'm returning after some time. I've been playing around, mostly leveling up and hadn't paid much attention to PvP, or the bag full of PvP gear I have. I hit 65 and decided to start getting back into PvP. So I started doing some searching and I'm having trouble coming up with definitive answers on changes since I last played ( level cap was 60 ).

I take it the PVP specific stats got dropped at some point in favor of hit? If true, are there other stats ( I'm assuming End is still up there) that make something more PvP gear oriented than a piece of PvE gear?

I understand there are merc chests that drop gear now for winning, but can you buy any gear? Poking around on the Merc vendor, I'm not seeing anything above level 60 armor for sale. How, if at all, are gear upgrades handled?

Lastly, is it safe for me to chuck my level 60 Warlord's armor or does it somehow have its use still?

If there is a handy place that has all this please let me know.

Thanks!
    ~Skev

Sword of Telara

Warlord's gear is now useless.

There are no longer PvP stats. Gear obtained from PvP is obtained from the boxes you get from winning and each slot drops in six flavours:

High main stat, CP
    High main stat, AP/SP
    High main stat, PhysCrit/SpellCrit
    High endurance, CP
    High endurance, AP/SP
    High endurance, PhysCrit/SpellCrit

In general, the top two are the only ones worth upgrading. The higher endurance stuff probably isn't all that worthwhile I wouldn't have thought.

If you only PvP, you're at a significant disadvantage compared to anyone who does a mixture of PvP and PvE, or just PvE alone. Raid gear avoids the need to throw currency at upgrading your PvP drops, and t2 relics or t3 items are BiS for non-weapon slots. BiS weapons for PvP are the warmonger's weapons which you have to throw crazy amounts of favor at. The marauder boxes don't drop weapons any more, for some (illogical in my eyes) reason that Trion has yet to explain. You can instead get a t1 equivalent weapon from the nightmare saga.

Apart from that, runes and dream orbs for everything are more important than anything else really. There are new, more expensive dream orbs for gloves/belt/earrings.

Speaking of earrings, if you want to be competitive you'll need the slots and now you're going to have to pay for them. Without them you're at a huge disadvantage.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Oh wow, quite a bit different, but explains a lot.

With the understanding that there are probably strong options on either side, how has that mix of PVE with PVP effort been for PvP in general?
    ~Skev

Quote Originally Posted by Skev View Post
    Oh wow, quite a bit different, but explains a lot.

With the understanding that there are probably strong options on either side, how has that mix of PVE with PVP effort been for PvP in general?
    Not the greatest honestly. Trion has struggled with bolstering, there are too many players that don't want to be there, shouldn't be there, and matchmaking is a problem. That being said, I still pvp almost every day and it is definitely fun at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread