+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 104
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: When is Primalist_____

  1. #1
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default When is Primalist_____

    • Getting an Ice Zerker proc so i can get rid of my 30 warmonger tokens.
    • Having our resistances fixed so i dont take 20% more damage then everyone else, or deal 20% more damage to other primalists.
    • Having our masteries fixed. Seeing others hit me with 4.5k Energy/Arcane/Power manipulations vs my 1.5k is just dumb on top of ice zerker procs and cc and me taking more damage.
    • Getting some CC.
    • Nerfing Ethereal Beam and balancing the rest. The fact that majority of our kills and damage rely on Ethereal beam is stupid because anyone with literally no gear can just nullify our entire DPS output. Let alone stalled.
    • Removing the PVP nerf on Skill shot.
    • Nerfing Primal Avatar: Ram.
    • Getting a rework on stalled. It is the most stupid feature I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 02-01-2016 at 09:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    888

    Default

    I seaport this stuff.

    As well as zerker you're also missing out on an offhand with the snow fall AoE healing proc.

    What would you change about stalled? I'm not sure that simply reducing the severity and/or duration is enough, as you could then duo queue doms and keep the stacks up by chaining mana wrenches.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

  3. #3
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I seaport this stuff.

    As well as zerker you're also missing out on an offhand with the snow fall AoE healing proc.

    What would you change about stalled? I'm not sure that simply reducing the severity and/or duration is enough, as you could then duo queue doms and keep the stacks up by chaining mana wrenches.
    Basically a nightblade can yolo into a team of 10 primalists and give them all 50% reduced healing and damage for 20 seconds. Then a dom can run in and just use traitorous influence at 4 seconds left and reset the timer to 20 seconds, then the nightblade can just ToD again.

    80% of warfronts I run around with 50% damage reduction or 50% healing reduction and there is nothing I can do about it. I can't cleanse it, I can't just regain mana, I can't do enough damage to kill said people causing effect, I can't keep myself up against said nightblade because now my attacks and heals do less then a fully bolstered person.

    Make it cleansable and last ~10 seconds, or simply give us mana and add it to our abilities. The Focus bar once you get good at primalist is next to redundant anyway.

    EDIT: Forgot to mention 1 tick of any drain resets the 20 second timer and gives a stack. So 1 loose fiery spike from ToD resets timer. 1 tick of mass betrayal, 1 tick of debilitating dart, 1 tick of trait influ, 1 tick of mana drain, 1 tick of transference, you get the idea.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 01-25-2016 at 04:03 AM.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Xamaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Basically a nightblade can yolo into a team of 10 primalists and give them all 50% reduced healing and damage for 20 seconds. Then a dom can run in and just use traitorous influence at 4 seconds left and reset the timer to 20 seconds, then the nightblade can just ToD again.

    80% of warfronts I run around with 50% damage reduction or 50% healing reduction and there is nothing I can do about it. I can't cleanse it, I can't just regain mana, I can't do enough damage to kill said people causing effect, I can't keep myself up against said nightblade because now my attacks and heals do less then a fully bolstered person.

    Make it cleansable and last ~10 seconds, or simply give us mana and add it to our abilities. The Focus bar once you get good at primalist is next to redundant anyway.

    EDIT: Forgot to mention 1 tick of any drain resets the 20 second timer and gives a stack. So 1 loose fiery spike from ToD resets timer. 1 tick of mass betrayal, 1 tick of debilitating dart, 1 tick of trait influ, 1 tick of mana drain, 1 tick of transference, you get the idea.
    Nightblade drain is on a 1 min cooldown. And since when can nightblade reduce healing done by 50%??? Fell blades is a 10% healing reduction and most nightblades dont use it anyway because smouldering blades deals so much more damage.

    I can see how dominator is an issue but it sounds what you want is to unaffected by resource drains. Preserver is already incredibly overpowered in PvP, a preserver who is unaffected by resource drains would be just ridiculous.

    I agree that Vulcanist needs to be looked at in pvp as well as Dervish which seems all it has going for it is its quick movement speed.
    Dispatched@laethys

  5. #5
    Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    Nightblade drain is on a 1 min cooldown. And since when can nightblade reduce healing done by 50%???
    Because Primalists donīt have normal ressources just like every other class, so they get a stacking Debuff when drained on them.

    <Transcendent>


  6. #6
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    Nightblade drain is on a 1 min cooldown. And since when can nightblade reduce healing done by 50%??? Fell blades is a 10% healing reduction and most nightblades dont use it anyway because smouldering blades deals so much more damage.
    Oh, it's 60% when a nightblades around then.

    When a primalist gets drained, they gain a stack of Stalled per tick of any drain, each stack of stalled reduces all damage and healing output by 5% per stack. It lasts 20 seconds, cannot be cleansed or removed unless you wait the full 20 seconds. You can reset the timer by hitting the primalist with 1 tick of any drain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    I can see how dominator is an issue but it sounds what you want is to unaffected by resource drains. Preserver is already incredibly overpowered in PvP, a preserver who is unaffected by resource drains would be just ridiculous.
    The main issue is how much it effects the dps. Primalists only DPS capabilities is literally Ethereal beam. Outside of ethereal beam we do literally no damage. If ethereal beam is nerfed 50% the whole time, primalist dps is useless, entirely useless.

    I agree that Preserver is powerfull when unaffected by resource drain, however it is just as powerful as a purifier. The difference is to shut down a purifier, you NEED a dominator to stay on the purifier the WHOLE TIME and make sure the person is out of mana, has arresting presence, you name it.

    In order to shut down a preserver, simply give it 10 stacks of stalled and come back to it 20 seconds later if one of your AOE's didn't reset the timer. In the mean time the dom can just shut down someone else.

    Again, I don't really care about the healing side as much as the DPS side. 50% damage nerf is literally stupid.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Also for a comparison of abilities on vulcanist damage:

    Ethereal Beam: (CD) (I also had the rune so 25% dmg increase)
    http://i.imgur.com/mZDLQnY.png

    Skill shot (CD)
    http://i.imgur.com/f8ZVnG1.png

    Vorpal Salvo (Spam basically)
    http://i.imgur.com/gv8ZOzz.png

    Now these are crits and mind you I am pretty geared.
    http://i.imgur.com/bwFR6o0.png
    Last edited by Gilgad; 01-25-2016 at 05:02 AM.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser Xamaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Purifier is a massive culprit to these awful crosshealing environments also, you compared an unbalanced healing soul in pvp to another unbalanced healing soul in pvp. I do agree that vulcanist needs to be seriously looked at, ethereal beam is basically a one shot and a good primalist wont just spam it in your face because I will interrupt it every time. I actually think that one time you critted me for over 31k with it just from a single tick, and at the time i was playing my warlord spec with something like 28% damage reduction against ranged attacks. That primalist hiding in the back in his zerg will rarely get interrupted. Try target swapping in a mess of enemy players to interrupt it before you take 2/3 of your heal from the first two ticks of the channel. It seems mostly to be a very poorly scaled soul in pvp, outside of ethereal beam the damage is fairly underwhelming, I do see some hard hits but only when they are very geared primalists and get good crit rng.

    Then again this is Trion, dont expect any worthwhile changes to be coming any time soon.
    Last edited by Xamaron; 01-25-2016 at 06:15 AM.
    Dispatched@laethys

  9. #9
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    When preserver gets nerfed. Also it's restore ability.

    I personally think Volcanist damage is in the same boat as other crappy ranged... being only able to kill something with CDs up.

    The utility though desperately needs help, more so than everyone else. Yeah I admitted that.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-25-2016 at 07:02 AM.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Totally agree with the OP.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Sekirach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    • Getting an Ice Zerker proc so i can get rid of my 30 warmonger tokens.
    • Having our resistances fixed so i dont take 20% more damage then everyone else, or deal 20% more damage to other primalists.
    • Having our masteries fixed. Seeing others hit me with 4.5k Energy/Arcane/Power manipulations vs my 1.5k is just dumb on top of ice zerker procs and cc and me taking more damage.
    • Getting some CC.
    • Nerfing Ethereal Beam and balancing the rest.
    • Removing the PVP nerf on Skill shot.
    • Nerfing Primal Avatar: Ram.
    • Getting a rework on stalled. It is the most stupid feature I have ever seen.
    all that is coming in 4.0 . will cost 99$ however.

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    When preserver gets nerfed. Also it's restore ability.

    I personally think Volcanist damage is in the same boat as other crappy ranged... being only able to kill something with CDs up.

    The utility though desperately needs help, more so than everyone else. Yeah I admitted that.
    Preserver is honestly crap compared to sentinel defiler and purifier, especially with the stalled mechanic. The sustained healing is easier and better to do than those, but sustained healing only has value when the people DPSing are really bad. In any competent group setting i don't think you'll ever see a preserver because of how easy they are to deal with if you have coordinated burst or a single dom.


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara Exxyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    • Getting an Ice Zerker proc so i can get rid of my 30 warmonger tokens.
    • Having our resistances fixed so i dont take 20% more damage then everyone else, or deal 20% more damage to other primalists.
    • Having our masteries fixed. Seeing others hit me with 4.5k Energy/Arcane/Power manipulations vs my 1.5k is just dumb on top of ice zerker procs and cc and me taking more damage.
    • Getting some CC.
    • Nerfing Ethereal Beam and balancing the rest.
    • Removing the PVP nerf on Skill shot.
    • Nerfing Primal Avatar: Ram.
    • Getting a rework on stalled. It is the most stupid feature I have ever seen.
    I pvp with you, Do u really need moar buffs? ;O

    Love, Exxy

  14. #14
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    I pvp with you, Do u really need moar buffs? ;O

    Love, Exxy
    I'm not asking for buffs, i'm asking for equality. Primalist is by far in the worst spot for PvP out of all the classes.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 01-27-2016 at 11:34 PM.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander Darkwolf9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    43

    Default

    wtb fix for endless shards on typhoon, ty.
    Queen of Faeblight,
    Kelii - Gwali - Wigglypuff - Nubbystubby- 4/4 HM CoA (Seastone best stone <3 )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts