+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Plz merge lev 10 to 59 into one WF queue to save low lev Pvp.

Default Plz merge lev 10 to 59 into one WF queue to save low lev Pvp.

This has been suggested before, but today (SATURDAY PRIME TIME) there were lev 30s and 50s and 20s on my shard complaining in chat that they had been queueing for over 1 HOUR and not one WF had popped. This does not effect me, but I feel bad for players and rift itself when many low lev PvP players cant get 1 single wf ever anymore.

Can Trion just merge all lev 10 to 59 players into 1 WF queue, work on bolstering or w/e, may take a while to perfect but im sure the majority of ppl would love to have some fun in WFs with quick queues and yes, a few things to iron out, than NO WF at all. Worrying when Saturday prime time is dead for low levs wanting to pvp.

Got to make a positive move on this , Trion, sooner rather than later.

'Swords in the Wind!'

The Mel.

Ascendant

They would need to do some serious bolstering for this to happen.

Level 59 players OBLITERATE level 57 players at the moment (give you 3 guesses as to why this happen ), so I wouldn't even think of 59 vs 10.

But that aside... (Wall of text, TL;DR at the end) :

a merge is just making the symptom disappear, not curing the real disease;

And said disease is, as I mentioned in a different thread... PVP and Dungeons don't give enough XP for the trouble during leveling.

If PVP and Dungeons were the fastest way to level, a lot of players would do it. But right now, everytime someone asks fastest way to level in chat, people always reply the same : Level up to 10, then IA's to 48 ( or to 65 ).

There's a reason why there's always multiple raids of IA's on at all time, but it's hard to find 5-10 players for a dungeon/pvp. And for the last bit of hope I still have for the community, I ******* hope it isn't because they think IA's are fun.
    (I mean after the first 15 ones... the folllowing 5000 that are the exact same thing).

No one is interested into doing PVP or Dungeons for the gear, because it all get replaced every other level anyway. And it's a lot more effort than just hopping into an IA and spamming a single ability for 30 hours while you're binge watching a show or masturbating.

For the extra effort, there needs to be a compensation, and gear isn't good enough, no one cares about temp gear.. It has to be experience. The only thing 99% of the leveling players care about.

Dungeon XP seems to be reasonable up to lvl 48-50, then it's bad.
    PVP XP is horrible from lvl 10 to the cap.

So people choose between questing and IA's, but questing isn't fast because there's a lot of "walking around to the objective" while IA's are fast, you don't spend more than 10 seconds without earning experience. And people who've done the quests one don't care about the lore ( often they don't even care the first time around ).

and yes, I know that IA's are level-merged, and this just make the situation even worse...
    But I think before doing the same for PVP and hope people switch to it, they have to make PVP more attractive than IA's.

A very small % of the population enjoy PVP... And I assume that a very small % of the population who DOES enjoy pvp, actually care about low level pvp. Because it isn't rewarding.
    Don't fool yourself, MMO's are all about progression. The 5% or whatever of players who PVP at 65 do it because they can get decent gear that way.

At level 10-64, you don't get anything. Well you get a bit of favor, but it doens'T make up for the slow leveling due to bad experience in pvp. Whatever you earn, you would earn much faster if you just queued IA's to get 65 faster, then PVP'ed at the max level.

When I will hit 65 on my last alt in a couple days (primalist) I'll have about 3 warmonger marks, which is something, but... How many would I have if I didn't play so much PVP/low level dungeons just for fun, and I would've been 65 couple weeks ago?

TL;DR : a merge is just making the symptom disappear, not curing the real disease.
    Make low level activites outside of IA's the most rewarding activities (mostly Experience, i.e. make it the fastest way to level to the cap) and more people would be willing to partake.

PVP xp is horrible. And while the true pvp'ers can enjoy it regardless of the xp... the big part of the community would rather just get to the endgame before pvping because anything they earn before is useless beside the small amount of favor.

As said above, bolstering is nearly impossible to do properly. You have only a couple abilities as a level 10. Just look at IAs. The damage output from level 40s even doesn't come close to that of level 60+. I agree there needs to be bigger brackets, but 10-59 is a horrible idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Telaran

Nooo. Bad. Can you imagine a level 10 chloro trying to heal against a 59 Para lmao... It just wouldn't work

so what's the solution? Announce PVp level 10 to 59 is simply dead, while 1000s of kiddy cheats faceroll brainless IA up to 65, ignoring actual content and then appearing in NTEs nekkid, no runes, no faction, empty slots, and clueslless?

What about limiting number of IAs u can do per day 20. then u have to experience other content. (this especially for players who are on their first toon)

Whomever invented IAs to 65 should be shot at dawn. May as well change the game name from 'Rift' to 'Instant Adventure'.

hey guys, check out Trion's f2p game, it's called 'Instant Adventure', you just do the same **** hunting down the same number of mobs or collects for 1 week non stop, u get to go to zones u know nothing about, and then appear at lev 65 useless with no factions,runes, or orbs, and many empty gear slots, hoping to leech off ppl who played a strange game called 'Rift' and are geared and have actualy knowledge about the world.. Good times.

At the very least cap the IA per day, or maker them stop at level 60, so ppl have to actually go to Goborro Reef and work thru 3.0 content, so they have knowledge of the story, factions, gear up, and become an active part of the world.

Rift Disciple

Having them scale to the level cap and having 3 groups (10-39, 40-57, 58-64) might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Meliannia View Post
    so what's the solution? Announce PVp level 10 to 59 is simply dead, while 1000s of kiddy cheats faceroll brainless IA up to 65, ignoring actual content and then appearing in NTEs nekkid, no runes, no faction, empty slots, and clueslless?

What about limiting number of IAs u can do per day 20. then u have to experience other content. (this especially for players who are on their first toon)

Whomever invented IAs to 65 should be shot at dawn. May as well change the game name from 'Rift' to 'Instant Adventure'.

hey guys, check out Trion's f2p game, it's called 'Instant Adventure', you just do the same **** hunting down the same number of mobs or collects for 1 week non stop, u get to go to zones u know nothing about, and then appear at lev 65 useless with no factions,runes, or orbs, and many empty gear slots, hoping to leech off ppl who played a strange game called 'Rift' and are geared and have actualy knowledge about the world.. Good times.

At the very least cap the IA per day, or maker them stop at level 60, so ppl have to actually go to Goborro Reef and work thru 3.0 content, so they have knowledge of the story, factions, gear up, and become an active part of the world.
    Why do you get to decide what people do in the game? IAs are not at all the fastest way to level. Some people do them because they enjoy them. Just like you may enjoy questing or pvp, some people are willing to spend hours in there. Sure, you miss out on a lot when you level with IAs, but it's their time and they should be able to spend it how they want. People level to 65 through pvp only or dungeons only. Should you not be able to do pvp or dungeons past 60 because you're missing out on the story, factions, certain gear slots? I did the whole questline. I honestly have no clue what the story is about, what the factions mean. Because I have no interest in it. IAs are more of a group activity than questing is. So just because it isn't your idea of fun doesn't mean it isn't fun for some or doesn't make them an active part of the world. If you cap IAs per day, you would have to cap crafting per day, dungeons per day, pvp matches per day. They're all activities that players do and limiting one because you don't like it is rather immature.
    Last edited by Artewig; 01-24-2016 at 07:19 AM.
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

im with dear old mell on this one. not sure if bracketing is what it needs to be done , but something has to be done. people dont pvp before 65. and than you have a fresh potato.

its not his fault hes a potato than. cause he might not have been if given a chance to actually learn at least the base of the basic of pvp.

i know Grims (with blessing hand of almighties) PvP guide series vids are lame.

i know they take minions and artifacts more serious than PvP.

but i still hope.

Ascendant

While I absolutely despise IA's, I don't think it's right to stop people from doing whatever they want.

I think they should try to make people do other things, as I said in my last post, dungeons&pvp by making it the most rewarding actitivies, not by simply telling them "No you can't do this/that!".

I mean, rewards should come with effort/difficulty.
    IA's are effortless, you can play half asleep and do just fine. You just queue and get a spot in 3 seconds, regardless of your build/spec/level/role/anything. Yet, this is decent XP, you get some voidstones and (IIRC) the gear boxes you get can be opened at 65 for reasonable gear.
    On the other hand... dungeons require some effort ( making a good build, making a group and/or making multiple roles to get queues faster ), and even then it sometime take hours... And what do you get for it? Gear that you will replace within 5 levels. Reputation for a faction that doesn't matter. Achievements. That's about it. And the XP goes bad real fast, plus with all the time you spend in queue, it's just not worth it.

PVP? The XP is atrocious, I sometime wonder if it would not be faster to just ask a summon a new zone and just ride around to collect the "new zone discovered" XP rewards. The gear will be replaced in <5 levels as well, you get a bit of favor but before lvl 50 it's really nothing. The queues can sometime take ages as well.

So you have the easy activity with instant queues that gives good XP and boxes you can open later on, plus some currency, where you can play anything and do whatever you want and no one will care or even notice...

Or the hard activities where you have to make multiple roles, play as a team or it just won't work, understand your builds and gear appropriately unless you want it to fail/take longer/lose the games... and they barely give you anything more.

Make these activities be more rewarding than IA's and people will flock to them.
    But as of now, there's no incentive to do anything like that. Well some might say it's fun, but as weird as it is "fun" isn't very high on the priority list of most people trying to level in an MMO.

Make Dungeons & PVP the fastest way to level and low level players will queue for it, and as a side effect, will globally become better players before they hit 65, because they'll do something at least a little bit challenging where gear/skill/build improvement actually makes a difference.

IA's should be the "I don't have time for a dungeon/pvp, just want to get a bit of XP before I log" option, or the "Doing **** while I wait for a queue to pop" option.

It should not have been the "GO TO" mindless leveling thing it is now.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 01-24-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post

IA's should be the "I don't have time for a dungeon/pvp, just want to get a bit of XP before I log" option, or the "Doing **** while I wait for a queue to pop" option.

It should not have been the "GO TO" mindless leveling thing it is now.
    Amen. Preach it.
    Just change the game name to 'Instant Adventures!'

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Why do you get to decide what people do in the game? . They're all activities that players do and limiting one because you don't like it is rather immature.
    suggest you actually bother reading the Op. I said this issue doesn't concern me, what I am concerned about is the amount of players on my shard who cannot even get ONE Warfront on Saturday prime time, and the concerns for low level pvp in Rift, which should be a fun and appealing viable option.

suggest you actually bother reading the Op. I said this issue doesn't concern me, what I am concerned about is the amount of players on my shard who cannot even get ONE Warfront on Saturday prime time, and the concerns for low level pvp in Rift, which should be a fun and appealing viable option.
    I read your original post. I also responded to your original post. The post in which you quoted me was a response to your second post asking for a limit on IAs. I suggest you actually bother reading what I wrote.

Just do like GW2 and have 'all skills' or in rift's case all skill points available to be accessed by lvl10s and up and have everyone be in equal gear.

Oh and to stop the QQ of the twinkers, make it a separate queue from the normal random one.
    Serale@Faeblight

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post
    Just do like GW2 and have 'all skills' or in rift's case all skill points available to be accessed by lvl10s and up and have everyone be in equal gear.
    So there's absolutely no reason to level up/gear up for PVP'ers?
    Half the players would quit in weeks. It's an MMO not a MOBA. People want progression and stuff.

If a lvl 10 in greens is exactly as strong as a lvl 65 in purples, what's the point doing anything in the game?

Thanks for leaving out the 2nd sentence.
    Serale@Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast