• 2 Post By Laki Arch
  • 1 Post By DeLivia
  • 2 Post By Bluntmaster
  • 1 Post By Artewig
  • 1 Post By Artewig
  • 1 Post By Onebutton

Thread: CQ Carnage duration

Default CQ Carnage duration

So how long does it take you on average to complete the "weekly" CQ Carnage. I put it in quotes because it near damn impossible to get it done in a week.

For me, it's my 3rd week and I am near 50% done.

A few months back it took me on average 5 CQs to get that done, now it's more like 15
    Last edited by Ninnisina; 01-23-2016 at 01:48 AM.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

I have to agree that this one is getting harder and harder now to complete. There are a few premade channels where people form up if you are on the NA shards. Ask in CrossEvents and I am sure you can get into a group and get some kills.

Other than that you probably have to farm the turrets (eeks), but that is really a tough quest to complete now.. Hopefully Trion can look at the stats now that Fae Rewards are done and tweek the kills down to 1000 rather than 1800. Not holding breath tho
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Shadowlander

When sparkles were in chest reward for wining there was so much pvp in CQ and weekly kills got done in 2-3 days. Now it's mostly quick cap again.
    If they put better rewards from chest = more players willing to play it.
    Lakiarch@Deepwood

When there is two or more premades pinned against each other, then you can sometimes get a decent amount of kills.

But other than that Rift is pretty much dead PvP-wise. Trion may tell you otherwise, but when there's like 50 recurring people in PvP, it doesn't look good.

Buy more raid gear and boosts with credits, folks.
    Last edited by DeLivia; 01-23-2016 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnisina View Post
    So how long does it take you on average to complete the "weekly" CQ Carnage. I put it in quotes because it near damn impossible to get it done in a week.

For me, it's my 3rd week and I am near 50% done.

A few months back it took me on average 5 CQs to get that done, now it's more like 15
    With the premades closing doors to pugs and circumventing the queue system, it may begin to be a "monthly". Same premades over and over with shut doors to the rest of the community.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    With the premades closing doors to pugs and circumventing the queue system, it may begin to be a "monthly". Same premades over and over with shut doors to the rest of the community.
    What premades aren't allowing pugs? I rarely ever join quick caps so it could have been one of those, but I join a premade at least once a week as a pug.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    What premades aren't allowing pugs? I rarely ever join quick caps so it could have been one of those, but I join a premade at least once a week as a pug.
    I think he means that when you get a Premade fast capping all Extractors before any PUGs even had a chance to form, you have a situation of 20 ppl against 5-10

That's why I don't join CQ if there's only one premade. During the day there's almost always more than one forming but late at night you see more fast cap groups. I think the bigger issue is CQ itself. Rarely do I see any kind of organization outside of premades. People port, half afk, the rest just run to an extractor and try to avoid any sort of pvp. With no premade, you could enter CQ and see the majority of your team leave at the end with no player kills or deaths. Outside of premades people avoid conflict at all costs and that's why I only join premades. Its not fun standing next to an extractor and killing the same useless turret over and over again for a half hour. It's way more fun to attack a 20 man group and try to take the extractor they're currently standing near before they claim it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

That's why I always join at random so I can take lead . A PUG with a good leader can give a mediocre premade a run for it's money.

That's why I always join at random so I can take lead . A PUG with a good leader can give a mediocre premade a run for it's money.
    The only problem with this, and I am not saying this is bad, because it good for more and more to take leadership roles in CQ, is that if you go up against a good pug and you are unknown, you are going to lose a LOT of people after the first battle.

I am not quite sure why people give up so easily after one fight, but they do. It happens almost every CQ.

I really think for now the best adjustment to be made would be to reduce down the carnage kill amount to 1,000 kills. I realize they adjusted it from 2k to 1800 but its still way too high given the low activity in CQ.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

You could also form your own premade to take lead. More good leaders are definitely needed!
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

+ Reply to Thread