+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ninnisina
  • 1 Post By somerandomnamee

Thread: ELO system

Default ELO system

what is this sorcery? haven't played for 1 1/2 years now come back and trying to level in pvp in the 60-65 bracket. I'm sitting on 1 hour queue times while the missus is instant pop. Obviously there is some kind of cross over rating from the old "system". My mage started at 2k and warrior a bit higher and haven't even played a game. She's around 1400 rating on a new toon. The way to reward high end rankings is make them wait longer?

EDIT; if we queue together it just doesn't pop
    Last edited by deathstormer; 01-21-2016 at 10:48 PM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    what is this sorcery? haven't played for 1 1/2 years now come back and trying to level in pvp in the 60-65 bracket. I'm sitting on 1 hour queue times while the missus is instant pop. Obviously there is some kind of cross over rating from the old "system". My mage started at 2k and warrior a bit higher and haven't even played a game. She's around 1400 rating on a new toon. The way to reward high end rankings is make them wait longer?

EDIT; if we queue together it just doesn't pop
    Well, if you queue together, it's going to be longer because the system attempts to match premades. And it also depends on when you're queuing. If there aren't a lot of other players queuing at that time, queues are going to be longer, especially sub-65 (your bracket is actually 60-64).
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

yeah sorry the 60-64 bracket, regardless of maximum rank i was talking about return 60 players,
    the queue time together does not pop at all (1hr+) we queue seperate and she gets in 4 games to my 1. ontop of that every game is a loss cause my rating seem to make me have to carry a low rating team? fair enough the high rating means to have to carry a low rating team but the wait times ontop of that? maybe the team should be balanced around the high rating first.... just seems backwards to make the team up out of lower ranked players first
    Last edited by deathstormer; 01-21-2016 at 11:50 PM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

sub 65 WF's apparently have very long queue times because of low sub 65 population and low interest in sub 65 WF's.

Queue's will go significantly faster once start them at 65. However this is also dependent on the time of day at which you try to queue.

Telaran

What he is saying is that he and his SO are both in the 60-64 range and his SO gets instant pop WF's and he hardly ever gets into a WF. I noticed the same thing in that bracket, when my win% was around 67 and my Elo was 2k+ - my friends at the same level bracket would get more frequent WF pops than me

ELO is Dark Voodoo Magic - better not try to figure it out you might not like what you discover
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Ascendant

The pvp player pool is very small before 65. You always see the same few names, day after day.

I guess if you have a very high ELO the game might not find anyway to match you against people and make it fair...
    But this might also just be variance, they usually have no problem matching elite players against random potato puggers at 65, so I'm not sure why they could not find you a game.

PVP'ing from 10 to 58 I haven't had any problem getting queues. I mean sure sometime it doesn't pop, but it's just because no one's queuing, I'd assume. I sometime even get regular pops ( <5 minutes a pop all night long ) when the same crew is queuing multiple times, and I also have a very high elo.

(Also scared ****less of hitting 65 due to ELO, pvp'ed as a healer all the way and my winrate hovers around 85%... Can't wait to lose 150 games in a row when the matchmaker only gives me a game when they can find three x T3 premades to put against me ).

woot, i'm back. =]

imo, the elo system shouldn't even be put into effect until 65 for these reasons. rift doesn't have the population like it used to for all these segregation tactics. sure, you may get some 1 sided wfs, but hey - that's to get a taste of how 65 wfs will be.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

+ Reply to Thread