+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: why do we have to have semi naked people in our wfs

Default why do we have to have semi naked people in our wfs

regardless of your efforts game will make you win half of the time - not that we like it but we dont have a choice.

but why do we have to have people like this fighting alongside as equals?

i saw that player later on tempest bay. hp bar showed 49k hp. yeah.... 49k hp. had him in 3 WFs in a row on my side. i know not many people play rift anymore but still....

can we once and for all get a restraining order that says - sorry you have to many unfilled slots for joining pvp. or just give them all bolstered up as if they had gear. i dont mind. it would be better than what it is now.
    " let me pvp sorta till i get gear for raid invites" - mindset.

cmon, back me up here people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails why do we have to have semi naked people in our wfs-2016-01-21_010156.jpg  

it would be nice if runes were bolstered....

or really everything was.

rune gap sure is huge though. They just keep adding more cause pve.

Ascendant

Yeah, they should add requirement (at least the base, have every piece of gear on... ) but they'd need to realize they have a pvp base for that.

And really most game don't care about their pvp'ers.
    I mean all games have a LFG tool these days... for PVE.
    Why? Is class balance any less important in PVP?

Why do they figure out that 5 DPS can't clear a dungeon, but they can't figure out that 6 DPS 4 tanks and 0 heals can't win a warfront?

Why is there a votekick feature that works for dungeon, but we can't even kick AFK's from warfronts ( broken useless feature that never kicks anyone, doesn't count ). I mean, come on, you can kick BAD PLAYERS ( can be subjective at times, or even straight up abused ) from pve... but you can't even kick AFK's from pvp. This is ridiculous.

Why is there a stat requirement for dungeons but not for PVP?

I never checked, but you probably can queue for PVP even if you don't have all soulpoints set, right? But you can't do that in PVE.

Sadly, Trion considers PVP like a minigame. Not like something people would devote all their gaming time to. Just something to do between raids, or something.

As long as they don't realize that there's people in Rift who don't give a **** about PVE and only want to PVP 24/7, a lot of things will keep being wrong in PVP.

All the stupid **** that make PVP less enjoyable than it could be... some of it would cause ****storms if it happened in PVE too, but as it's just the minigame, no one cares.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 01-20-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Fia

This is why I really liked the old PvP-system, where the first one to join the WF got to be the raidleader. Sure, from time to time the leader was bad, but it was still waaaaay better than what we have now, imo at least.
    Last edited by Fia; 01-20-2016 at 10:11 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

i've been vocal about this since SL because empty slots meant people missing valor, but i'm guessing they can't actually "fix" bolstering so that empty slots count. i'm sure if they could, they would have already.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    regardless of your efforts game will make you win half of the time - not that we like it but we dont have a choice.

but why do we have to have people like this fighting alongside as equals?

i saw that player later on tempest bay. hp bar showed 49k hp. yeah.... 49k hp. had him in 3 WFs in a row on my side. i know not many people play rift anymore but still....

can we once and for all get a restraining order that says - sorry you have to many unfilled slots for joining pvp. or just give them all bolstered up as if they had gear. i dont mind. it would be better than what it is now.
    " let me pvp sorta till i get gear for raid invites" - mindset.

cmon, back me up here people.
    Well 2 slots are locked behind a paywall so unless you spend, players will always have 2 slots unfilled.

The intrepid adventures are the culprit here i'd think. Hitting max level from level 1 in a day, you dont get a focus or essences.

Bolstering....i dont know if there is any incentive to actually fill the slots if it is auto-filled for them every match, might as well play completely naked.

The "let me pvp sorta till i get gear for raid invites" - mindset will not go away unless gear stops dropping in WFs.

Id be fine with all of us competing in costumes, and take away the crutch called gear.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Yeah why can't they be completely naked?

Quote Originally Posted by Peachezz View Post
    Yeah why can't they be completely naked?
    I support this !
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

Sword of Telara

Going to bring this one up again. Note also the line in the chatbox.

It'd be nice if people couldn't do this, and it would lessen the blow that people without earrings take.

Whilst on the subject of questionable bolstering, why isn't the trinket slot bolstered at all either? I don't even know what the t3 trinkets are capable of...
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    Well 2 slots are locked behind a paywall so unless you spend, players will always have 2 slots unfilled.
    If you're referring to earrings, I wouldn't call it a paywall. Sure, it'll save you time, but you can still unlock them with void stones. Then again, chances are if they're not willing to fill all of their slots, they're probably not willing to bother unlocking slots.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    If you're referring to earrings, I wouldn't call it a paywall. Sure, it'll save you time, but you can still unlock them with void stones. Then again, chances are if they're not willing to fill all of their slots, they're probably not willing to bother unlocking slots.
    Do they even know? Does hovering over the show go right to the store to buy it?

Or is it like the newer dreamorbs --- its a surprise!
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-21-2016 at 07:09 AM.

That's funny. Because I see half naked Inquisitors, Pyros and Vulcanists performing better than T2 geared melee spec'd people during a Blight Antechamber match.
    Last edited by RealRyco; 01-21-2016 at 08:50 AM.

They need to lock people out with below a certain hp or ap level similar to nte lockout

Rift Master

When I saw your thread title I thought it was the guys in B.V.D.'s.

I really get distracted by the dwarf men.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    They need to lock people out with below a certain hp or ap level similar to nte lockout
    'Error: You suck, L2 equip gear then try pressing the join button again'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast