+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Purge-immunity

Default Purge-immunity

Please give us finally a purge-immunity. I know you reworked Beastmaster but this spec was never the problem. The current situation is simply still unbearable. The real problem is the 6s/8s ranged double-purge of Marksman and Inquisitor. Sorry, but you cant give two of the three most played PvP-specs a spammable purge-skill. At least not without any immunity....

Why do the Devs accept the current situation? Is there an explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Fomal View Post
    Please give us finally a purge-immunity. I know you reworked Beastmaster but this spec was never the problem.
    I stopped reading at that last sentence.
    Last edited by Lotusss; 01-19-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Ummmmmmmmmm. Noooooooo. Make kalerts for your buffs and rebuff as needed. GG
    **** it dude. Lets go bowling

Quote Originally Posted by Baalthorne View Post
    Ummmmmmmmmm. Noooooooo. Make kalerts for your buffs and rebuff as needed. GG
    It became pointless. I have too many (vital) buffs and too many players currently use Inqui or Marksman. A Marksman can purge 4 buffs within 6 seconds. As I said, its pointless to start rebuffing.

Rift Chaser

It became pointless. I have too many (vital) buffs and too many players currently use Inqui or Marksman. A Marksman can purge 4 buffs within 6 seconds. As I said, its pointless to start rebuffing.
    I rarely have this problem unless I am the focus of all the cc classes at once.

I have 5 buffs that can be stripped. I rarely have to rebuff more that the random two.

Best defense is to just nuke the MM before he can use the skill again. Not too difficult many times.
    Pakolu, The Squirrel.
    <Old Farts>, Wolvesbane (I refuse to spell it wrong.)

I stopped rebuffing usually too. Unless I'm recently rezzed or nothing is happening.

What game you playing with reasonable ttk that I can waste gcds mid fight to rebuff?
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-19-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post
    I rarely have this problem unless I am the focus of all the cc classes at once.

I have 5 buffs that can be stripped. I rarely have to rebuff more that the random two.

Best defense is to just nuke the MM before he can use the skill again. Not too difficult many times.
    I play VK-Hybrid (tank). I mainly storm the front (to use my melee aoe or aoe-silence skill), steal the stones in whitefall, hold the rune in black garden/library, defend the flags etc. I be purged constantly. I have situations where I lose all my six buffs within 1 or 2 seconds (and this means I lose my entire guard). In long 15 min. matches I lose an additional 50 - 100 buffs.

I play VK-Hybrid (tank). I mainly storm the front (to use my melee aoe or aoe-silence skill), steal the stones in whitefall, hold the rune in black garden/library, defend the flags etc. I be purged constantly. I have situations where I lose all my six buffs within 1 or 2 seconds (and this means I lose my entire guard). In long 15 min. matches I lose an additional 50 - 100 buffs.
    "I make myself a primary target by carrying objectives and face tanking the enemy zerg."

Purge-immunity-howitworks.gif

You can't do stuff like that then complain about the negative side effects that come along with it.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Reroll Primalist, they have like 1 buff. It's pretty baller.

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    "I make myself a primary target by carrying objectives and face tanking the enemy zerg."

You can't do stuff like that then complain about the negative side effects that come along with it.
    It is not a "negative side effect". It is a clear lack of balancing which arises when you have too many Iquis and Marksmen in the same group. Thats a difference.

Plane Walker

So basically you're complaining that MM/Inq are doing the right thing by stripping you of your buffs, those of which essentially makes you and the rest of your team harder to kill if you had them up constantly?
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    So basically you're complaining that MM/Inq are doing the right thing by stripping you of your buffs, those of which essentially makes you and the rest of your team harder to kill if you had them up constantly?
    I complain about the fact, that they can purge my buffs faster than I can rebuff. They can practically hold me in a "unbuffed status". Just take a look at the VK buffs, and you will see that we dont talk about 3%hp or 3% crit rate I lose.

I know I fight against windmills here, because Iam sure 60% play either Marksman or Inquisitor and "dont want to see any problems with a 6s/8s 2x purge". But there is one.

To the OP, you can have your purge immunity if I can get my stun and squirrel immunity At least with purges, you can rebuff and continue dpsing. I get squirreled, then stunned, and almost brought down from 100% -> 0% while still stunned (and before having better gear - this always killed me).

Why do the Devs accept the current situation? Is there an explanation?
    I do realize the importance of diverse classes and roles, and am not actually complaining that Transmogrify isn't granted to MM, just trying to prove a point.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lotusss View Post
    I stopped reading at that last sentence.
    I can guess that you have yet to experience this.

Spammable AoE purge/cleanse every second, with arb tankiness. I'm amazed purging flames didn't get hit when BM's one did, but then again nobody runs this, even though it's probably more powerful as you retain some of the dominator nasties as well as having the ridiculous purge spam.

(I guess you could just nerf purging flames, but hey).
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Coldsprite View Post
    To the OP, you can have your purge immunity if I can get my stun and squirrel immunity [/SIZE]
    You have such an immunity for a few seconds. I want the same immunity for purging like we have for cc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast