+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By Kerilar
  • 2 Post By somerandomnamee
  • 1 Post By SprawlnBrawl
  • 1 Post By Horgrym
  • 1 Post By Hp1harry
  • 1 Post By Fallse

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A few Bronze Tomb fixes this hotfix.

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default A few Bronze Tomb fixes this hotfix.

Hello all,

We believe that the issue causing people to bounce back and forth between graveyards in Bronze Tomb has been found. This fix is in this week's hotfix. If you encounter this issue again after Wed, please PM me with the details ASAP. So far internal testing looks good though.

We also addressed an issue that was causing people to be stuck as a corpse if the flag was capped while you were dead.

Finally, we've upped the minimum number of people required to start the match to 10 per side, so that the initial attackers won't have such an easy time of it.

with all this fixed im sure theres nothing more about this WF to be done. for now and forever.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    Finally, we've upped the minimum number of people required to start the match to 10 per side, so that the initial attackers won't have such an easy time of it.
    thanks for the hard work in fixing the bugs

i don't think the player # will change the difference in play on phase 1&2 cause the 1st defenders will allways have a disadvantage because it's not the same teams by the 2nd phase as most of the dead weight has left by then. the quitters fail phase 1 see it's failing then jump ship then the competent players get in (or don't leave). this makes the fist part a total face roll and the 2nd a brick wall.

if you look at any wf the playerbase (mainly on the losing side) tend to get better at the match goes on. it's why mid game there are turnarounds, its not cause they rally but more because the potatoes rolled over then the replacement goes "o F this" and bails or goes "sh.. we are down how can i turn this around".

maybe do both at the same time with a 5v5 v 5v5 and the gole is to cap mid. clone the 1st 2 room put them left/right of the mid like R1->R2->M<-R2<-R1 blue defends on the right red on the left then whoever caps the mid crystal wins. then if the defending team is still holding room 1or2 they get 1 canon for each room for their attacking side when they get to mid.
    so say if blue def is holding in room 2 when their attackers get mid, 1 of the canons will be up but if they lose room 2 the canon falls and then all players will go to the mid room to try to cap. (the canon may have to be nerfed but indestructible or repairable like they are now i guess)
    Last edited by nessis; 01-20-2016 at 12:32 AM.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Ascendant

The negativism in this thread!
    It might not be the perfect fix but hey, it's a start.

Hope there's more to come of course, these aren't the only things with the map.

limit # of tanks/healers on each team would make this map better. forcing ties is super easy if you want to

Plane Walker

Yep its the ties that need to go.
    Use the timer to pick a winner if no one caps the last room.
    Last edited by Horgrym; 01-19-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    Yep its the ties that need to go.
    Use the timer to pick a winner if no one caps the last room.
    I 2nd that, Ties are the real issue with this WF
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Telaran

I also agree, the most annoying thing is how frequently this WF ends in a tie

This fix for this warfront is simple. Allow people to opt out of 1,2, or 3 specific warfronts when they random queue. If they don't want to play it but enjoy the other ones why force it ? If after implementation this results in insufficient players to field two teams for bronze tomb, then it should probably be taken out of live until fixed.

The trend has been incentivized participation in failure, or at best, incompleteness. New PvP content should always be informed with a mature look at how it will impact the overall experience. Dazzling lights will only hold people's attention for a moment. What follows is realization that they are getting a headache from it all.

Peace.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Thanks for starting to take action on this particular WF. We'll see how it goes. =P
    Azteck@Deepwod
    <Orden del Temple>

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    Allow people to opt out of 1,2, or 3 specific warfronts when they random queue. If they don't want to play it but enjoy the other ones why force it ?
    i don't like this idea, random is random take the debuff for leaving and afk for 15min you still get flavor unless to many people roll heals resulting in no deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    limit # of tanks/healers on each team would make this map better. forcing ties is super easy if you want to
    a debuff for to many healers would be a great thing.
    Last edited by nessis; 01-20-2016 at 12:34 AM.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by nessis View Post
    i don't like this idea, random is random take the debuff for leaving and afk for 15min you still get flavor unless to many people roll heals resulting in no deaths.
    The opt out occurs during the queue process, much like taking a card out of the deck before you even deal. I agree, after the fact would be terrible. But then, for a long time that is what soul recall was. With random dungeons it doesn't make quite as much sense although players may feel the same way about some specific dungeons as they do some warfronts. Its just that people of varied callings are looking for specific loot from dungeons that may not appeal to all callings and so to be equitable random must be all-inclusive.
    Last edited by Bannj; 01-20-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Rift Disciple

*Looks at patch notes*

Default Can we please

Fix the bug everyone hates most IE the huge number of ties:

Fastest time to achieve objectives
    OR
    Most Kills

Seem to be the 2 favorite ideas for deciding a tie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos
    I'm not against you enjoying raids. I'm not against you enjoying pvp.
    I'm not against you having a fancy pair of pants from raiding.
    I am against imbalance in pvp. Your fancy raiding pants are unbalancing pvp.
    Fallse Sempper Infidus Carpenoctum Mayhhem

+ Reply to Thread