+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fallse

Thread: PVP (Matchmaking Suggestion) & More

Shadowlander

Default PVP (Matchmaking Suggestion) & More

nvm. will post a better suggestion soon tho
    Last edited by Zalenak; 01-18-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Another exploit:

What if you have full Warmonger's gear, full warmongers weapons, and then 78 hit chest, neck, gloves, legs, and helm? You would greatly outgear anyone in 100 hit blues and thus have a fairly large advantage, especially since 78 hit pieces would get bolstered.

Not only is hit not useful in warfronts, but it is also not at all representative of a player's gear.
    Last edited by Artewig; 01-18-2016 at 04:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Shadowlander

for now im dismissing the idea until i figure do more research :P. i'll figure out the best way tho
    Last edited by Zalenak; 01-18-2016 at 05:46 PM.

they did pvp rank bracketing previously which was basically gear bracketing for pvpers, matches were the same. Even if gear were normalized matches would be the same.
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 01-18-2016 at 05:32 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    they did pvp rank bracketing previously which was basically gear bracketing for pvpers, matches were the same. Even if gear were normalized matches would be the same.
    ranked pvp is garbage.

I'm also talking about matchmaking pvp for all. I do still believe there is a way for better matchmaking for those. right now for a lot of people, pvp is based on luck whether or not you get a team with mostly geared people. it shouldn't be like that.
    Last edited by Zalenak; 01-18-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalenak View Post
    ranked pvp is garbage.

I'm also talking about matchmaking pvp for all. I do still believe there is a way for better matchmaking for those. right now for a lot of people, pvp is based on luck whether or not you get a team with mostly geared people. it shouldn't be like that.
    you missed my point, before the gear changes you were gated in gear by rank, so grouping people by rank was basically grouping by gear.

so even when you had 2 teams all with top pvp gear, the matches were still more lopsided than due to skill and spec

Default Sure

OOPS wrong thread
    Last edited by Fallse; 01-18-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Shadowlander

Heres a suggestion. Use a better match making system. Make it to where each team has a certain number of dps, certain number of healers (2-3 depending on the WF) and make it to where people cant change builds mid match. That makes it unfair to one team if they have people who are new and dont have a bunch of souls or builds (i.e swapping to heals when needed). Also, they need to make the WFs better. A perfect example would be to make Whitefall steppes C.T.F like it used to be and not the cluster**** it is now...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by HotSpot129 View Post
    Heres a suggestion. Use a better match making system. Make it to where each team has a certain number of dps, certain number of healers (2-3 depending on the WF) and make it to where people cant change builds mid match. That makes it unfair to one team if they have people who are new and dont have a bunch of souls or builds (i.e swapping to heals when needed). Also, they need to make the WFs better. A perfect example would be to make Whitefall steppes C.T.F like it used to be and not the cluster**** it is now...

Being able to switch specs is one of the best things about Rift.

Taking that away is just dumb.
    Pakolu, The Squirrel.
    <Old Farts>, Wolvesbane (I refuse to spell it wrong.)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post
    Being able to switch specs is one of the best things about Rift.

Taking that away is just dumb.
    Lol one of the best things in Rift. No. One of the dumbest and most broken things in Rift as it stands. Rift is known for its wide variety and range of builds, yes. But being able to swap to a different build mid WF is just stupid and can turn a game completely around and make it one sided (assuming that only one team does so). For example, there could be a team that goes from 9 dps and 1 healer for Black Garden to 6 healers and 3 dps when they get the flag. That would make the flag carrier basically unkillable. It makes it very unfair.

+ Reply to Thread