+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Do you want to build a Conquest?

Default Do you want to build a Conquest?

LET IT GO!!

So, with that out of the way...

Conquest is once again in a sorry state, which is disappointing after the surge we experienced during the Sparkle Quest. The amount of players actually wanting to play this game mode quasi-nerfed a lot of the issues people were having with CQ in the last few months, namely fast caps. We were involved in pitched, dynamic battles. New leaders started rising up. One large benefit I saw to both my own PVP and PVE experience was that I got to mingle with people who I would otherwise never talk with. This networking has made filling raids easier, and given me several new friends to warfront with.

We all know why the game mode is back to its lackluster Pre-Sparkle state. There simply aren't enough rewards to justify walking in, beyond a weekly fast cap for your win. The new players in the game join it and see ghost towns, with only gankers and extractors for company.

It really doesn't need to be this way. There are some relatively minor changes to the rewards that could be made without breaking gear progression in other parts of the game, namely to rewards.

I've toyed around with a couple of ideas to fix this, and most of it would be easily solved by adding more currency rewards, and some special, rare drops to the CQ chest. 400 void stones is just a straight slap to the face when you've put an hour or more into a game mode.

A couple of things I'd like to see added or changed to the loot table in the chest:

-Warmongers marks, there really is no reason that we couldn't receive them as a moderately rare reward for winning CQ. The mark cap would ensure that you could gain the weapons no more quickly than someone spamming Warfronts, you could just do it with less total game time invested.

-A large currency increase: IE; instead of 400 void stones, make it 4k, instead of 150 ACM, make it 2k. We all have tons of these already, and really, the gear grind at lower levels could be greatly reduced, getting new players into endgame content quicker. A player that doesn't have to grind for months simply to catch up to gear tiers that we are already TWO TIERS ahead of will stick around longer. This could help streamline that experience

-**Multiple warfront chests dropped as a moderately rare reward**, this is a no brainer. You should be able to come out of Conquest with more rewards than an equal time spent in Warfronts. 10 or 15 chests set on the loot table as a moderately rare drop would be a big boon to some of the lesser geared players, helping them get to the endgame level as said above.

- Fragmented Gear, IE; An item that when combined with multiple others of its type can grant you a specific type of Frenetic/Warmonger gear that you desire. You could pick maybe a DPS trinket, heal trinket, etc. This would remove a lot of the RNG frustration that I see so many people having. No more running around with NTE level trinkets because we simply can't get a drop or a roll for months at a time, but you would have to WORK for it.

I'm open to more ideas on the rewards to add, any that I like I will steal and credit to the person I stole from.

Another large problem with CQ is that it's just not worth sticking out a match on a losing faction. You receive no penalty for leaving, and have next to no reward for sticking around.

A healthy amount of marks dropped for each losing side would go a long way towards fixing this, maybe including a sliding loot scale that increases your rewards for time spent in game, Extractors capped, enemies killed, etc.

Reserving a post below for more possible additions and changes.

**Credit to Roughraptors**

Reserved for post

Throw Eyes and the T3 upgrade component in there too please. Might actually see relic armor since the upgrade pieces won't be ridiculously rare and won't be limited to one person per raid.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Throw ... the T3 upgrade component in there too please
    What

<Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Filri View Post
    What
    Exactly what you read. Throw it in there so once I get the store gear, I can actually get upgrade it instead of having it stay at epic quality.

I could upgrade T1 to relic via CQ, I'd like to do the same to T2 and T3 gear.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 01-18-2016 at 08:34 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Add abyssal accelerators/favour accelerators or eyes as rewards lol, then people will conquest. Or hell, an item that reduces the cost of upgrading **** by 90%.

Nice post and ideas!
    I really hope trion have a look at this!

*bump*
    Meliadou@Deepwood
    Chaunteia@Deepwood
    Selece@Laethys

Plane Walker

I agree with Warmonger marks being one of the rarer items that could be looted from the chest given that the weekly cap prevents people from spamming CQ within reason (unless they literally spend 24/7 on Rift).

I also think that there should be a "CQ charge" (rewarding x ACMs x FoM x FoD like WF or NTE charges) upon looting the chest and not just winning the match. This would be a new form of a PvP daily, given that the only other time anyone would ever participate in CQ is for the weekly.

Having 5x WF chests drop as a moderately rare reward is reasonable, though I do see problems with that if it's a fast cap. However, I think I'm still for this idea since it's still RNG-reliant.

I don't see Fragmented gear being possibly implemented, seeing how unique of a solution it is and how it's not really a form found in PvE content. The 5x WF chests seems much easier to implement and a reasonable solution at that.

I do think CQ should have charges though. It just occurred to me that CQ is only limited as a weekly, even though it's not so much as like a raid that you're locked into and doesn't have nearly as good rewards as those raids.

Eyes dropping sounds nice enough, along with Warmonger marks. As for T3 upgrade components, I think that's asking for a little too much.
    Last edited by Wonski; 01-19-2016 at 05:05 AM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

CQ charges would be great!

About the fast cap problem, maybe make the drop rate % according to the amount of time the CQ took to reach it's end?
    Meliadou@Deepwood
    Chaunteia@Deepwood
    Selece@Laethys

Seems the only players that want to add "incentives" and rewards to Conquest are the ones who find it fun.

Don't let the minority shoehorn rewards into an activity that the overwhelming majority would prefer to avoid.

And by the way- I used to like Conquest- but its painfully obvious that most players do not.
    If my opinion needs validated, simply refer to the hundreds of "anti CQ" posts from the last year.

Good post Kirb.

several weeks ago, CQ was very populated and competitive due to the sparkle quest.

Trion Devs: Recommend implementation of a similar quest that players can accumulate a currency they can use to purchase eyes of madness for 500 of X currency. Make the drop small per win to keep players grinding for a while. This should not impact game income because it's not giving away gear to players, it's merely providing incentive to encourage participation.

In addition, make the drop increase per win when the map has larger number of players, this will reduce the impact of pm's who form during low population times and attempt to fast cap.

For example, a late night win during low pop times might give you 1 or 2 "sparkles", while a prime time win with a full cq gives 5.
    Genrii@Deepwood
    I will keep smiling, be positive and never give up! I will give 100 percent each time I play. These are always my goals and my attitude. Yani Tseng
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Well stated Kirb. I hope they consider your suggestions. Conquest can actually be fun when it is well populated and people feel motivated to participate. The best matches will always be those with competitive teams on all 3 sides, and loot worth sticking around to fight for.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

CQ is so worthless (except the weekly win) that people will leave in disgust 1 min before end forfeiting their "free" 80 Void Stones when they don't see a chance to win and since CQ is mostly decided in the last 5 min that tell you all you need to know about what CQ is about.

It's a (bad) joke for the initiated and a total time waste for the not in on "the joke".

There should be like a 2x or 4x Favor gain in CQ vs. WFs that would make it worth while for a start, and even if you did not win it you'd still have something to show for it.
    Last edited by Ninnisina; 01-19-2016 at 01:14 PM.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Solid suggestions for Conquest changes.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Some sort of scaling rewards would be nice, so the fast wins isn't the only ones worth doing?
    H / K O X B O X

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast