+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fopod

Thread: Primalist topping the scoreboards?

Ascendant

Default Primalist topping the scoreboards?

I was talking (in a different thread) about how I've seen people from all callings - beside primalist - dominate the scoreboard and get 25, 30+ kills...

But that made me think, I think the highest kills I've seen from a primalist is 14. Which is quite terrible (as far as top scores go). I know primalist are less geared than other callings, on average... but top scores aren't earned by average people anyway, and I've seen some geared primalists out there.

Was wondering if anyone had screenshots with huge amount of kills from a primalist, themselves or other...
    Or just if you recall ever seeing one.

Wasn't sure if I had to make this in primalist section or PVP section, but wtv.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    I was talking (in a different thread) about how I've seen people from all callings - beside primalist - dominate the scoreboard and get 25, 30+ kills...

But that made me think, I think the highest kills I've seen from a primalist is 14. Which is quite terrible (as far as top scores go). I know primalist are less geared than other callings, on average... but top scores aren't earned by average people anyway, and I've seen some geared primalists out there.

Was wondering if anyone had screenshots with huge amount of kills from a primalist, themselves or other...
    Or just if you recall ever seeing one.

Wasn't sure if I had to make this in primalist section or PVP section, but wtv.
    I've had 25+ kills before in a wf (was in a pm). The problem isn't gear. Primalsts who dps in wf's pretty much have to play vulcanist and as of now the soul has one main way to kill a player (ethereal beam). Molten wave can hit decently hard if you have conflagurate and precision bolt buffs up AND you're only going to molten wave one target. But for now, vulcanist is really about getting a kill with ethereal beam and waiting 30 seconds for it to come back up.
    Allegory@Deepwood
    Nuances@Deepwood R.I.P <Nephilim>

Quote Originally Posted by Allegory View Post
    I've had 25+ kills before in a wf (was in a pm). The problem isn't gear. Primalsts who dps in wf's pretty much have to play vulcanist and as of now the soul has one main way to kill a player (ethereal beam). Molten wave can hit decently hard if you have conflagurate and precision bolt buffs up AND you're only going to molten wave one target. But for now, vulcanist is really about getting a kill with ethereal beam and waiting 30 seconds for it to come back up.
    Dervish is perfectly playable in PvP.

Sure it lacks survivability, but it pack a wallop with both Whirling Dervish and Earthfall as well as being disconnect friendly.

But heeeey melee so nobody plays it.
    Last edited by Fopod; 01-17-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    its pay to play melee. im sticking to my paragon.

now let meask all of you a honest question - was the primalist worth spending the cash? ( for pvp ofc)

Dervish is perfectly playable in PvP.

Sure it lacks survivability, but it pack a wallop with both Whirling Dervish and Earthfall as well as being disconnect friendly.

It is not pvp playable. You cannot choose when to use abilities. It has break free and that's it, the charge doesn't even remove movement imparing effects. The main reason why dervish does good in PVE is due to it's strict rotation and sustained damage, problem is in PVP, you can't spend 15 seconds to get to your burst ability, because you will be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    It is not pvp playable. You cannot choose when to use abilities. It has break free and that's it, the charge doesn't even remove movement imparing effects. The main reason why dervish does good in PVE is due to it's strict rotation and sustained damage, problem is in PVP, you can't spend 15 seconds to get to your burst ability, because you will be dead.
    You mean like every melee spec in the game?
    Plus it doesn't take 15 seconds to get to either Whirling Dervish or Earthfall. If you follow a rotation with Dervish in PvP you doin' it very wrong.
    Also, you can spend the majority of your time at ranged because herp derp.

Like I said, it lack some survivability, but it's still perfectly playable and will **** up just about anyone with Whirling Dervish and/or Earthfall.

If you follow a rotation with Dervish in PvP you doin' it very wrong.
    agree there
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

You mean like every melee spec in the game?
    Plus it doesn't take 15 seconds to get to either Whirling Dervish or Earthfall. If you follow a rotation with Dervish in PvP you doin' it very wrong.
    Also, you can spend the majority of your time at ranged because herp derp.

Like I said, it lack some survivability, but it's still perfectly playable and will **** up just about anyone with Whirling Dervish and/or Earthfall.
    No. I don't mean like every melee spec in the game. Every melee spec in the game can just click their 1 minute CD's whenever they want and do burst. For us we need to be at a certain point of the focus bar.

As i said, the ONLY reason Dervish is viable in PVE is due to it's rotation and sustained damage via shearing winds and crits proccing this. In PVP, the damage is extremely minimal single target compared to every other melee spec, let alone ranged specs.

All of this on top of the fact that it has the worst survivability, even worse then vulcanist, makes it not viable period. Vulcanist does more damage then Dervish in pvp 100% of the time and should always be used. Dervish is not a viable PVP soul and never has been due to these points.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    No. I don't mean like every melee spec in the game. Every melee spec in the game can just click their 1 minute CD's whenever they want and do burst. For us we need to be at a certain point of the focus bar.

As i said, the ONLY reason Dervish is viable in PVE is due to it's rotation and sustained damage via shearing winds and crits proccing this. In PVP, the damage is extremely minimal single target compared to every other melee spec, let alone ranged specs.

All of this on top of the fact that it has the worst survivability, even worse then vulcanist, makes it not viable period. Vulcanist does more damage then Dervish in pvp 100% of the time and should always be used. Dervish is not a viable PVP soul and never has been due to these points.
    Yeah, you totally don't have to press Avatar =*> Whirling Dervish for your burst.
    Or just Vorpal Salvo and Lashing Wind to be at 80 Fury for Earthfall. So hard to burst man.
    Nevermind that 50+% PASSIVE CRIT CHANCE too.

The only thing Vulcanist does is Ethereal Beam and then nothing for 30 seconds until it's ready again.

Again, the only thing Dervish is lacking is some survivability. Well played, a Dervish wreck faces.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    its pay to play melee. im sticking to my paragon.

now let meask all of you a honest question - was the primalist worth spending the cash? ( for pvp ofc)
    No.
    Im not bothered too much about underperforming, but only 6 souls,39 points and limited abilities makes it get boring.
    As for getting kills, vulcanist EB is good for sniping but youre not gonna top the charts with it.
    Melee is a bit annoying trying to balance your focus and actually stay alive long enough to pop your burst.. Extra effort required but still cant hang with the big boys - para etc..

Its my favourite class to heal with though.

+ Reply to Thread