+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I really hate most of the people that are currently participating in PVP

Default I really hate most of the people that are currently participating in PVP

So Im in wfs last night for a few hours with friends we get BT I call out the plan ask for the right specs people swap 1 num nuts healer goes with the wrong group in room one we falter room 2 -- 1 of the healers assigned the other side sees whats going on and comes to assist the side I am on .. we hold them in room 2 .. we switch to attack .. new plan .. new class mix .we steam roll them and win in room 2 in like 3 minutes.

Next wf same map ask for a different class mix .. nobody changes .. we get rolled rooms 1-2-3 then get stopped in room 1. Total and complete fail.

It was like that all night 1 good smart raid out of 4 or 5 . I swear while there are many technical glitches on maps etc etc I am starting to think the biggest detriment to whatever sliver of Rift PVP is left is Trion forcing PVE folks that dont want to PVP to PVP for currency. So they derp around in the worst possible specs not contributing anything and ruining it for the small PVP player base that actually wants a good game.

Its not even about winning and losing so much one of the best fights last night I lost a BG 500-480 great fight ofc I would have preferred winning that one but it was a good fight. Great fights are becoming so so rare..

BLAH RANT OFF /

BTW Im sure they hate me too its ok Im totally fine with it maybe if I am lucky they will hate me enough to stop PVPing

Kinda agree ever since 3.0 so many (pvp) newbs where forced into PvP and had to learn the maps, sometimes it feels like sub lv65 gaming when half the team does not know map objectives or just stands there looking pretty hoping somebody else will do them for them.

It getting rarer and rarer to get a good balanced WF it's mostly a wipe-out either way.

It seems there is no middle ground anymore in PvP .. you have your hardcore PvPers that wipe any noobs in 3sec and you have your noobs who get wiped, and very little in between.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Healing is pay2win for some callings.
    H / K O X B O X

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

Soulwalker

Bronze tomb is especially punishing for potatoes. Every time I'm defending I'll ask people to go heals or tank. If I'm lucky, there will be 5/15 that switch, and the rest will be pyros and MM. That's great that your firestorm or chain destruction prevented them from capping for one second, but it would be much better if you were in a spec where you could stay alive longer than one GCD.

My favorite is when the other team zergs to your less defended point, and the 10 people without recon vials on your team just follow everybody else to the point that barely needs defending.

The glitches are bad enough in bronze tomb, I wish the people that didn't understand the map would at least ask for help or follow directions.

In most WFs the top 3-4 or even 5 dps places belong to one team, no matter how much heal you throw at the low-dps team they aren't winning it.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

When PvP doesn't really reward anything other than RNG boxes and a very long, painful grind (especially for non-patrons or fresh 65's), you get the kind of players who don't PvP for the fun of it. These people either are too stupid to PTFO, or they've since long given up and don't care about the objectives. Or very rarely, people who know how to win and actively try to accomplish it, but they're dragged down all the same because of all the people who can be put in the first two groups.

The worst kind of PvPer though, is the person with <100k damage/heals even after five minutes who instead sits in spawn complaining about how the match "was lost before it started" or how "bad this team is".

ever since that sparkle quest ended wfs have improved,so much so i gained back 40 points of elo.still not what it was before the event started.

having said that yes i do agree the level of play in wfs has gone down since say SL,thats what happens when u chase the pvpers away.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzia View Post
    Bronze tomb is especially punishing for potatoes. Every time I'm defending I'll ask people to go heals or tank. If I'm lucky, there will be 5/15 that switch, and the rest will be pyros and MM. That's great that your firestorm or chain destruction prevented them from capping for one second, but it would be much better if you were in a spec where you could stay alive longer than one GCD.
    Every mage should have a spec with Living Storm. That one ability gets me so much rage when I defend on a Chloro: run in, slap LS on somone close to the crystal, run out while spamming self-heals, run in again, rinse and repeat.

My favorite is when the other team zergs to your less defended point, and the 10 people without recon vials on your team just follow everybody else to the point that barely needs defending.
    Recon vails are absolutely crucial for this warfront, more so than usual. I had the pleasure of seeing two of my allies leaving one point to reinforce the other while just 20 or so meters behind them the enemy was approaching the objective. It was as comical to see as it was frustrating.

The glitches are bad enough in bronze tomb, I wish the people that didn't understand the map would at least ask for help or follow directions.
    I told the raid yesterday "All to the left, respawns go to the right". Three minutes in someone snarks at me regarding my stupid plan. My response: "respawns to the ****ing right".

Guess where the respawns went.

The same 25 or so players continuing to complain about the same things regarding Rift pvp since 3.0.

Yet, they still return to warfronts, thinking things will be different THIS time.

Go figure.

Warfronts have always been full of bad players. Even back in vanilla Rift.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    When PvP doesn't really reward anything other than RNG boxes and a very long, painful grind (especially for non-patrons or fresh 65's), you get the kind of players who don't PvP for the fun of it.
    Kind of opposite. If people are PvP'ing and there is next to no reward being given, they are doing it for fun. If WF's are more full when the reward is a bigger payout...people are doing it more for the reward. Not all people hate their job...but there is a HUGE difference between volunteer work and wage/salary work. If you took money away from people working for it, they would quit. And that is because they ultimately want the money. For volunteers though, you have to remove the activity to get rid of them pretty much.

It's not really BS either. I remember it from a few psych studies in my classes a couple years ago. Lots of case studies on human reward methods vs. how much an activity is enjoyed. Looked at from many angles of gauging human enjoyment in place of (or in not of) rewards. The bottom line was pretty much that the people who enjoy their activities the most are usually the ones who are rewarded as little as humanly possible. This is why a volunteer pretty much is rewarded by doing the activity itself. This is why old 90's FPS were enjoyed, no reward but the experience. If someone stops doing something when the pay-out comes to nearly nothing of major significance, that is a good show-case of an activity that is being participated in for the reward, not the enjoyment of the experience.

Makes me sad this is all backwards. Can argue me. Can also argue a lot of psychological science studied over decades. If you're human, you are most likely subject to it all. We all sort of work this way.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I experience this all the time and the people who kinda know what the objectives are continually scream and bash the people who do their own thing.. It is just the nature of PVP I think, and I am pretty sure you will find it in every game.

However, if you try to educate the team and tell them in Bronze Tomb on defense to get 2 tanks on each side and a bunch of heals, they will NOT do it and they in fact will start to yell at you and call you the idiot.

If you ping locations on the map in Library of where the next spawn vessels will show up, they will tell you either to stop marking the map or to **** or to go get the vessel yourself (even if you are already carrying a vessel).

If you tell a rogue to guard the base in Whitefall Steppes or tell your team to fall back to the center, they basically just enjoy 1vs1 and will do whatever it takes to kill one person no where near the objective.

It is how it has been since day 1 and will never change.

The only hope is to go in with some people and use perhaps a voice chat and communicate with people who will listen. Other than that, its almost to the point of turning of Warfront Chat and just ignore the crazies!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Default LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    The same 25 or so players continuing to complain about the same things regarding Rift pvp since 3.0.

Yet, they still return to warfronts, thinking things will be different THIS time.

Go figure.
    https://healthylifeexperiment.files....f-insanity.jpg

Touch
    Last edited by Fallse; 01-18-2016 at 07:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread