+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Some math on the PvP gear

Default Some math on the PvP gear

Ok, so I did a little calculations on how much would it take for "me" to get the new PvP weps here it goes.

This is a rough estimate

2H wep 2.4Mil Favor + upgrades
    Ranged wep 1.2Mil Favor + upgrades

so in an average WF you can earn more or less 2.5k Favor (win/lose) combined no XP pots

so for the 2.4Mil you roughly need 1000 total WFs at about 50% win rate

let say an average WF is 10min give or take

so 1000 * 10 min = 10000 mins = 166.6H !!!!!!

ok fine so lets say you use XP pots +160%

you need than about 350 WFs so a bit more then 1/3 that is STILL 50-60H play time on max XP pots !!!

and how much would that cost you ?

at +160% that's 1000 Credits per 2H and you need at least 50H so that is 25 * 1000 Credits being generous, compared with the 20k if you just bough the 2H wep and did not bother playing.

And even if you do invest the 160h or 55h + over 100€ or buy for 120€ you get an item that is not even the Top Tire !!!! AND it`s just ONE wep !!! multiply that by a whole set (if and when it comes)

Trion do you really think we are THIS stupid?! This is not even P2W this is MADNESS

PS. forgot to mention the weeklies no longer give any Favor! really Trion really that's not just a slap in the face it's a good kick in the nuts too.
    Last edited by Ninnisina; 01-14-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Sword of Telara

I've wondered whether picking sarleaf is actually a faster way for non-patrons to get them.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnisina View Post
    Ok, so I did a little calculations on how much would it take for "me" to get the new PvP weps here it goes.

This is a rough estimate

2H wep 2.4Mil Favor + upgrades
    Ranged wep 1.2Mil Favor + upgrades

so in an average WF you can earn more or less 2.5k Favor (win/lose) combined no XP pots

so for the 2.4Mil you roughly need 1000 total WFs at about 50% win rate

let say an average WF is 10min give or take

so 1000 * 10 min = 10000 mins = 166.6H !!!!!!

ok fine so lets say you use XP pots +160%

you need than about 350 WFs so a bit more then 1/3 that is STILL 50-60H play time on max XP pots !!!

and how much would that cost you ?

at +160% that's 1000 Credits per 2H and you need at least 50H so that is 25 * 1000 Credits being generous, compared with the 20k if you just bough the 2H wep and did not bother playing.

And even if you do invest the 160h or 55h + over 100 or buy for 120 you get an item that is not even the Top Tire !!!! AND it`s just ONE wep !!! multiply that by a whole set (if and when it comes)

Trion do you really think we are THIS stupid?! This is not even P2W this is MADNESS

PS. forgot to mention the weeklies no longer give any Favor! really Trion really that's not just a slap in the face it's a good kick in the nuts too.
    "you get an item that is not even the Top Tire"

that should tell anyone just how out of touch rift/trion is with its player base.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

I understand this is a business and you need to make money somewhere but seriously close to 200€ for a weapon set?! that will be probably superseded in less then half a year plus the rest of the gear + upgrades. We are talking hundreds of €/$ here for virtual items. I don't know who is doing the math at Trion but how many people can/will spend that much? 0.05%

I am well to-do but even I cant justify that kind of money for a slight improvement in my game experience when I could spend it on so much real world stuff.

You might have a few crazy/rich people who have money burning a hole in their pocket, but think of all us "normal" people who actually have to work for our money and who always do a cost/benefit calculation every time we spend more than say 20$.

If a full set (with upgrades) cost say around 150$ I might seriously consider it or at least a part of it, but spending this much on 1 or 2 items ?! that might give me a 5-10% boost is just not rational! and instead of getting some of my money you will get none because some greedy ba$t**d at Trion decided he wants only Arab Princes to be able to afford those items.
    Last edited by Ninnisina; 01-14-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Arab Prince here. Do to the decline of the price of oil, I've had to subject myself to farming Sarleaf.

Foolio, it is
    "I love it!" - Frank Drebin

Ascendant

Trion - Taking the fun out of grinding.

I get the feeling Trion looks at the fastest grinders and tries to scale item cost around them (the kinds of people that finish the sparkle quest in week 1 or 2). Crazy thing is, the cap of 6 per week is far beyond what I would do in a normal week. Just completing the WF weeklies (something I do less and less every week now due to burn out) would get you maybe 1-2 marks. So a month and a half to two months for one weapon in my case. Raid equiping is much faster.

I could care less if I get the PvP weapons anymore... they were placed on too high a shelf for me to be bothered to climb up. And I game more hours than the average player, but there are other weeklies, raids, NTEs, etc to grind competing for my time.

8 tokens with a 4 per week cap would have been closer to the mark IMO.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I've wondered whether picking sarleaf is actually a faster way for non-patrons to get them.
    god damn you.
    I just made the math in my head real fast, and yes I think it is. Should get it about 33% faster than farming favors.

Probably even faster than that given to random crap you get farming sarleaf ( the purple things that I don't even know what they're used for, etc.. )

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    god damn you.
    I just made the math in my head real fast, and yes I think it is. Should get it about 33% faster than farming favors.

Probably even faster than that given to random crap you get farming sarleaf ( the purple things that I don't even know what they're used for, etc.. )
    So warmonger weapons are the modern version of CQ turret farming. That's the state of PvP for ya...
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    I get the feeling Trion looks at the fastest grinders and tries to scale item cost around them (the kinds of people that finish the sparkle quest in week 1 or 2). Crazy thing is, the cap of 6 per week is far beyond what I would do in a normal week. Just completing the WF weeklies (something I do less and less every week now due to burn out) would get you maybe 1-2 marks. So a month and a half to two months for one weapon in my case. Raid equiping is much faster.

I could care less if I get the PvP weapons anymore... they were placed on too high a shelf for me to be bothered to climb up. And I game more hours than the average player, but there are other weeklies, raids, NTEs, etc to grind competing for my time.

8 tokens with a 4 per week cap would have been closer to the mark IMO.

"I get the feeling Trion looks at the fastest grinders and tries to scale item cost around them
    "

i dont think thats the case at all,why?because we are talking about T1 pvp weapons that CAN be upgraded to T2.T2 has been out for months and people already have T3,no need to grind if your rocking a T3 weapon and if you have a T3 weapon that mean you have a T2 weapon sitting in the bank.

these new "pvp weapons" were put in as a cash grab for the players that lack T2 and T3 weapons,now everyone can "buy" a weapon,pvpers/raiders ect.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnisina View Post
    you get an item that is not even the Top Tire !!!!
    Yes... nobody wants a Icezerker proc on a PvP ceiling weapon.

If you don't want the weapon, then don't farm for it. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    Yes... nobody wants a Icezerker proc on a PvP ceiling weapon.

If you don't want the weapon, then don't farm for it. Problem solved.
    I read that as meaning the initial weapon. Anyone currently already with a frenetic weapon from last season basically grinds 1000s of hours just to buy a weapon with the same dps as frenetic. Which you then have to grind more to upgrade to be better than last season

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    I read that as meaning the initial weapon. Anyone currently already with a frenetic weapon from last season basically grinds 1000s of hours just to buy a weapon with the same dps as frenetic. Which you then have to grind more to upgrade to be better than last season
    /shrug
    Gear won't magically make people less bad anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    /shrug
    Gear won't magically make people less bad anyway.
    with the gear gap as big as it is... it does.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    with the gear gap as big as it is... it does.
    Nah it only makes the character stronger.
    People are still bad in the end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast