+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By somerandomnamee
  • 1 Post By Ninnisina

Thread: Devs : Stop keeping us in the dark about Bronze Tomb.

Ascendant

Default Devs : Stop keeping us in the dark about Bronze Tomb.

Every single game of BT has something insanely frustrating.
    Bugs, imbalances, always something happen.

WHEN is something gonna be done?
    WHY are you not disabling the map until you fix it?

And it's made even worse by the fact that somehow about 1/3 of my last 50 games seems to be Bronze Tomb, which I can't understand given that it's not a weekly-map and that just about everyone hate it so I would assume that a huge % of the players who don't queue 'random' don't queue for it... and those who queue random, well, it should just be one out of like 12 maps or however many there are.

Gems of the day :
    Game #1 : Dead, can't respawn. No worries, /stuck. Oh, doesn't work. Log out and in again, doesn't work either. Had to close and reopen the game to finally respawn.
    Game #2 : 5v5 game. Can't really defend first point with 5 people ( few left too at some point ). Lose point 1 and 2 despite outkilling them 3:1.
    Defense on point 3, we destroy them.
    Well, at least if we still 3:1 them we'll cap the 3 points easily and win right?
    Nope.
    5 players added before we attack the first point ( RIGHT before it. In the 10 seconds between the end of the phase 1, to the beginning of the attack phase. There you go, 5 players, enjoy ).

5 more players added before the end of the game, last point is a 15v15 turtling, we fail to cap.
    They had the easiest possible time attacking, then the game give us the hardest time for our attack phase.

STOP THIS ****.

Also, as if there wasn't enough frustrating **** going on, I've found a new one while playing on a low-level character yesterday :
    If the map ends due to low playercount, whoever capped 1 point wins.

We started on defense, 4vs5 or wtv. Enemy team caps 1 point, and then warfront ends due to low player count, and that's a win. Basically whichever team starts on offense can only win or tie, and whoever start on defense and only lose or tie.

EVERY-****ING-THING is broken, bugged, unbalanced or **** about this map.

If you read the forums, surely you know what the plaeyrs think about it.
    If you ever happen to give PVP a try, you'll see that just about every game, someone complain about the map or bugs in chat.

Why isn't anything done? If you have more urgent priorities, why don't you just remove it from the rotation until you fix it?

Why do you keep hosting broken/bugged content that everyone hates?

Stop ignoring the many threads about it or saying you'll "forward the ideas/complaints".
    Tell us what is going on, why is this nightmare of a map still up.

Disable it until it's fixed if you can't be arsed doing it urgently. No one will care how long it takes then.

Or just give daily-charge rewards for "selective queuing" as well so people can avoid it.
    (and you'll probably see that 80-90% players will stop queuing for it, as if you needed any more indication that this map isn't enjoyable in its current state).

Telaran

I know im not a Dev, but I felt bad for you that it's been 4 days with no response.

I'm sure the Devs have a good reason for not responding. They continue to show us every day how much they care about us , what we think, and the game in general. Some people get on the forums and complain and swear and are so upset they may come across unruly, but when they calm down a bit they see how much the Devs truly care. It's as if these people dont see the prompt responses, and how fast the bugs we report are getting fixed. I'm sure the Devs read the forums all day long and see that some people are upset and cry themselves to sleep every night with concern that thier precious player base could possibly not see how hard they are working to fix these minor problems that the devs did ask us to report about. So relax, Im sure the Devs are hard at work 24/7, and not sitting around eating cake, playing games, shooting live stream videos while failing to be funny like some reject morning radio talkshow. Im sure they are taking thier jobs serious.

Quote Originally Posted by wigs View Post
    I'm sure the Devs have a good reason for not responding. They continue to show us every day how much they care about us , what we think, and the game in general.
    Look the "Devs" are just employees at a company, they come in at 9 go at 5 and that's that, don't expect them to cater you specifically they will do what their managers tell them to do and nothing else.

BTW I agree 100% that BT is at it's current state just one big frustration for players.

It's almost like they gave us BT so that we would stop complaining about Blighted Antechamber
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnisina View Post
    Look the "Devs" are just employees at a company, they come in at 9 go at 5 and that's that, don't expect them to cater you specifically they will do what their managers tell them to do and nothing else.

BTW I agree 100% that BT is at it's current state just one big frustration for players.

It's almost like they gave us BT so that we would stop complaining about Blighted Antechamber
    Need an mmo map designer and not a fps map designer.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by wigs View Post
    I'm sure the Devs have a good reason for not responding
    Yea, and that answer is that they have nothing to say about this that isn't going to make them look bad. When a dev has a quick, smart answer to something, you will get an almost immediate response. In some cases, they just CHOOSE not to respond, so don't think that this thread went unnoticed...they are well aware of the issues regarding BT, but if they are choosing to not disable it until they fix all the bugs, then what are they gonna say?

It will be fixed on April Fool's Day.

You're welcome.
    Azteck@Deepwod
    <Orden del Temple>

Quote Originally Posted by Ghia View Post
    Yea, and that answer is that they have nothing to say about this that isn't going to make them look bad. When a dev has a quick, smart answer to something, you will get an almost immediate response. In some cases, they just CHOOSE not to respond, so don't think that this thread went unnoticed...they are well aware of the issues regarding BT, but if they are choosing to not disable it until they fix all the bugs, then what are they gonna say?
    thats exactly what a developer would say. gotcha!

Trion Devs: I think Bronze Tomb has a good deal of potential once these spawning bugs get worked out, and a you find a way to greatly reduce or eliminate the ties. In the case of both teams having captured two points, consider which team met the objective faster to tie break.

Example: Team "A" captured the 2nd point in 3 min 10 sec game time, and Team "B" captured it in 2 min 45 sec during their turn to attack. Give the win to "B" and send "A" packing with a participation trophy.

I'm not a program developer and don't know if the game coding would support this, but if you figure it out I think you'll see more satisfied players (even though we'll complain anyway )
    Genrii@Deepwood
    I will keep smiling, be positive and never give up! I will give 100 percent each time I play. These are always my goals and my attitude. Yani Tseng
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Kerilar posted a couple days ago about incoming fixes in today's patch. (which apparently did not make the patch notes)

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Kerilar posted a couple days ago about incoming fixes in today's patch. (which apparently did not make the patch notes)
    maybe he got stuck on respawn.

+ Reply to Thread