+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Onebutton
  • 2 Post By Hp1harry
  • 2 Post By littlepoit

Thread: Whitfall Steppes: DEVS plz make this change!

Default Whitfall Steppes: DEVS plz make this change!

Whitefall Steppes has been around a long time and there is one fatal flaw in it which i really hope you can fix. I have changed the wording of this several times since it originally began as bashing on people (we know who they are) that continually push the bounds of what should and shouldn't be allowable, and what takes away the fun from the game. So, in saying that, lets move to what should be fixed.

When someone takes the stone, they should start taking damage over time like in Library. The same people are taking the flag, going tank spec and having a bunch of healers on them hold the flag at their base and waiting the entire game and then capping with 40 secs left, leaving the other team unable to play.

1. Point to the other side: You will argue that Opposing team is not strong enough or is stupid not to come up and get the flag from you. Ok, well let's in fact say that is all true! Making the game prolonged and taking all of 15 minutes to drag out a game is NOT FUN. The idea of PVP should be to actually have fun and battle. People give up way more when this occurs then any other WF i have seen.

2. If the stone carrier takes damage as time goes on, it will make it much easier to actually take it away if that one side is stronger.

3. The idea of whitefall steppes is to capture stones, not sit and hold it for 15 minutes. That goes against the idea of why this WF was created.

All in all. I have been on both sides of winning and losing teams, and I still think its a flaw in the warfront and I hope you at least take a look at it and make this one change. It will make the game better.

This is not an exploit! This is just another form of ruining the fun for other players. This is just my opinion. I am open to feedback whether good or bad. I don't want any names being used nor do I want this to turn into a bashing, so keep it on topic and constructive as to whether or not this is an issue to be fixed or not. Thanks !
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Champion of Telara

While I agree, I have yet to come across a team doing this in whitefall. Karthan Ridge, I see it particularly in the beginning of the pvp cycle when the raiders are trying to get their kill weekly done, but until they make an adjustment you have 3 choices.. sit at spawn as a group to prevent the feeding, log out and take the debuff, or actually pvp.
    Last edited by SmidgePlays; 01-12-2016 at 04:27 PM.
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

Telaran

I still don't think damage to the carrier is a good idea since it will discourage stealing from the other base. I think the best solution is to have the next stones spawn whether the first one was turned in or not

Either works (I prefer respawn personally), but damage could be delayed for 1 minute or so to allow a thief to get away unscathed (by the stone). If the stolen stone isn't most of the way back to your base within a minute (or whatever) then what's the chances it is going to get there at all?
    Last edited by Linolea; 01-12-2016 at 08:42 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Does the ideas getting "forwarded" mean "no"?
    Last edited by Linolea; 01-12-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

since it's a pvp "feature" i d say don't hold your breath.

I like both the ideas of having the next stone spawn regardless if one if being held. Let them be on a timer.. I also like the idea, and mean to say in my OP that the debuff would not kick in until at least a couple minutes.. this would be to prevent holding the flag for too long and turtling.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    I like both the ideas of having the next stone spawn regardless if one if being held. Let them be on a timer.. I also like the idea, and mean to say in my OP that the debuff would not kick in until at least a couple minutes.. this would be to prevent holding the flag for too long and turtling.
    I also like the idea of PVP solutions in a PVP setting, but I know raiders need those marks, and kills, and whatnot.

It's an annoying strategy, but so was Dean Smith's 4 corners (if you don't know who that is or what that means, ****). So they made the shot clock to deal with it.

I would prefer having a stone spawn despite someone holding onto one so that when running a stolen stone back to your base would not risk a timer-based debuff or auto-drop. 2 minutes sounds OK, but I've had some pretty long return runs in my time!

hmm.. ive seen teams do that actually and I didnt know thats what they were doing. generally people start cussing at the person enough they will turn in the damn flag.

That is very annoying when people do stuff like that in warfronts; however there is something annoying in almost every war front.

Assault on bronze tomb for example almost always ends in a tie. if this is going to be the case, its a waste of 10-15 minutes and EVERYONE should be awarded marks just for putting up with trion's poor wf design.

+ Reply to Thread