+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Dying for a good reason to come back to this game for pvp...

Default Dying for a good reason to come back to this game for pvp...

Someone tell me why I should come back to this game for pvp PLEASE. I need to find a pvp memo badly, starting to have pvp withdrawals. Ever sense I left this game iv been quietly reading all these posts. Iv yet to get that feeling that is convincing enough to rejoin rift to pvp. If owpvp came back in some sort of strong way like it use to be I would be back for sure. I just don't see that ever happening.
    Fugzy@Deepwood - -Mage
    Fugz@Deepwood - - Rogue
    Fug@Deepwood - - War
    Fugza@Deepwood - - Cleric
    Primmo@Deepwood - - Primalist

If you're not 65, good luck getting a WF spawn in under 20 minutes or so.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    If you're not 65, good luck getting a WF spawn in under 20 minutes or so.
    I left this game not to long ago i think it was 3.2 and I have 3 level 65s
    Fugzy@Deepwood - -Mage
    Fugz@Deepwood - - Rogue
    Fug@Deepwood - - War
    Fugza@Deepwood - - Cleric
    Primmo@Deepwood - - Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by hmmpvp View Post
    Someone tell me why I should come back to this game for pvp PLEASE. I need to find a pvp memo badly, starting to have pvp withdrawals. Ever sense I left this game iv been quietly reading all these posts. Iv yet to get that feeling that is convincing enough to rejoin rift to pvp. If owpvp came back in some sort of strong way like it use to be I would be back for sure. I just don't see that ever happening.
    well if you enjoy pvp and like earning gear at a slower "much slower" rate then a pver and always like being 1 tier behind then i would say go for it.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    well if you enjoy pvp and like earning gear at a slower "much slower" rate then a pver and always like being 1 tier behind then i would say go for it.
    Been gone since you had to PVE for PVP gear. I enjoyed the game a lot back then and left in full relic gear (the RNG CQ drops). I never minded the gear grind. I thought the CQ RNG was going to ruin it but it didn't. But I really didn't want to run dungeons and raids again for my gear. Never minded spending real money on the game because I thought it was a good balance. Nothing like the thousands of real dollars dropped in AA. So Yes I would like to return!

Question:

Is the PVP gear really always a tier behind?

Can you get the best gear now from favor only and no RNG?

What exactly will I have to do to gear up?

Cheers to the old forum posters I remember!
    Last edited by darvaria; 01-10-2016 at 01:07 PM.

- the gear grind is painful
    - gear does matter, the gap between bolstered and down bolstered players is quite significant.

+ soul system and changing spec at any time still rocks
    + wf are still fun.

+/- (depending on how deep your wallet is) you can get all you need to outgear most pvp players by using the cash shop.

game is free2play, maybe you should make up your own mind......

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    + soul system and changing spec at any time still rocks
    + wf are still fun.
    This.
    If you read this section, it's just everything people think is wrong with pvp in rift.
    there's a lot of things that are fine, but people don't make threads about those.

PVP is still enjoyable. The grind is kinda bad, but what can you do.
    You can do very well in warfronts even with basic pvp gear, so it's still playable. It's not like there's always 10 fully geared players tearing **** up.

Ascendant

I started playing again a few weeks ago and I'm pretty disappointed with the game. The main reason is that it would literally take me a few months to be on an even playing field, gear-wise. The grind in Rift has always been pretty long, but right now it seems to be much longer than it has even been. Coming into the expansion this late feels pretty bad (unless you are willing to spend a few hundred dollars).

Rift Disciple

coming from someone whose favorite aspect of the game used to be pvp...if youre thinking about coming back to this game because of pvp, i would strongly suggest not coming back to this game. gear grind is horrible between rng and upgrade costs and RUNES. the only thing pvp does "right" as far as gear right now is the weapons that can actually be obtained reasonably quick with a reasonable amount of play time, but the fact they can also be bought with $$$ is pretty brutal

Quote Originally Posted by darvaria View Post
    Been gone since you had to PVE for PVP gear. I enjoyed the game a lot back then and left in full relic gear (the RNG CQ drops). I never minded the gear grind. I thought the CQ RNG was going to ruin it but it didn't. But I really didn't want to run dungeons and raids again for my gear. Never minded spending real money on the game because I thought it was a good balance. Nothing like the thousands of real dollars dropped in AA. So Yes I would like to return!

Question:

Is the PVP gear really always a tier behind?

Can you get the best gear now from favor only and no RNG?

What exactly will I have to do to gear up?

Cheers to the old forum posters I remember!

this is how it works- we have like 4 weekly pvp quests and a daily wf charge.these give us pve marks "think of them like warlord marks use to be back in sl". 3 different types dungeon level marks "acms",T2 marks "fom" and t3 fod"marks ". the sad part is if you only pvp you cant cap out on said marks,matter of fact you will fall well short of caping.this in turn will make it forever before you gear up.actually i dont think you can earn a complete set of gear by pvping alone before a new tier comes out.

every time you win a random wf you will get a rng piece of gear,this is the lowest level gear and to upgrade you need a good amount of "amc marks" as i said above. as you upgrade "a few times" each and ever pice you will at get them to max and max is warmonger.warmonger gear is = to T2 raid gear and its a full teir behind T3 gear and weapons.people can and do pick up some pve/raid gear with the marks they earn by pvping but its slow and very long process. an example i have 8,362 T3 marks that i have been saving since they cam into the game.i need 11k to pick up T3 shoulders,that will be a few more weeks.im lucky to get 1k t3 marks per week when the cap is like 3k,cant hit it by pvping.

dont let anyone fool you into think that T3/raid gear is not bis because it is.most players use a few off pieces of warmonger gear like cloak/ear rings for the cp and then load up on t3 gear.

thats pretty much it and dont think about gear alts,you cant.CQ no longer gives anything really outside of flavor and weekly quest.they just added in warmonger weapons that you cna buy with flavor but you need 24 marks and each one costs 100,000 flavor,then you have to upgrade it to be = to T2 weapons =lmfao.

last time you played was SL?the game not the same anymore and most players you remember are gone.CQ is a shell of it former self,wfs can still be fun but match making is bad.dont spend $ on this game because you will regret it.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Shadowlander

Thumbs down

1.There is no real PVP Gear.. What you have is in WF drops are Bad PVE Gear or something a new 65 would wear.
    2. Gear Disparity is Massive especially for a new 65.
    3. If all you do is PVP then you have one hell of a grind to get a full set of Armor, Raiding gets marks much faster which means faster gear progression.

My wife and I came back at the same time. She Raids I PvP. We spend the same amount of time playing 2-3 hours a day and the difference in Gear we have is Huge. Pug Random WF.. I win about 34%, her Guild has most of the Raids on Farm so token collecting is @ a massive difference.

Is Rift worth coming back to just for PvP... no not unless you get into a Guild that focus on it or you can run in a Premade all the time, Solo WF pugs are pretty bad even worse with the gear Disparity gap.

Plane Walker

Its still fun, theres plenty to complain about but also plenty to enjoy.
    I remain hopeful that things will improve.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    Its still fun, theres plenty to complain about but also plenty to enjoy.
    I remain hopeful that things will improve.
    I've remained hopeful since SL was released... There isn't too much that has changed for the better since then.

Ascendant

Its increasingly more grindy and pay to compete. No more pvp love then the normal ignoring for the most part. I quit many months ago and wont come back unless there is a complete system change to pvp since its direction is horrendous.

4 level 65's.

Owpvp is the least of pvps worries currently.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    1.There is no real PVP Gear.. What you have is in WF drops are Bad PVE Gear or something a new 65 would wear.
    2. Gear Disparity is Massive especially for a new 65.
    3. If all you do is PVP then you have one hell of a grind to get a full set of Armor, Raiding gets marks much faster which means faster gear progression.

My wife and I came back at the same time. She Raids I PvP. We spend the same amount of time playing 2-3 hours a day and the difference in Gear we have is Huge. Pug Random WF.. I win about 34%, her Guild has most of the Raids on Farm so token collecting is @ a massive difference.

Is Rift worth coming back to just for PvP... no not unless you get into a Guild that focus on it or you can run in a Premade all the time, Solo WF pugs are pretty bad even worse with the gear Disparity gap.
    The devs will tell you the pvp issues lie in the fact one team gives up before the other, not any of that other logical stuff you stated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast