+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Devs - Lets discuss healing/cross-healing

Default Devs - Lets discuss healing/cross-healing

The video is a bit biased... but it didn't take me many games to find such amazing footage of raw PvP skillzzzzz and the sheer amount of twitch needed to succeed in this game!

https://youtu.be/42FnG4Cu33o
    H / K O X B O X

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

Majority of dps was crap => their healers weren't too stressed and people lived.

Blame the bad dps for ppl not dieing.

Please don't start another "NERF THE HEALS" QQ thread
    If anything make it a "GIVE HEALERS MOAR BREAK FREE'S"
    Debilitate, debilitate, debilitate, stun, debilitate, stun, stun, stun.
    Those two healers got off easy it would seem, looks like your "DPSers" didn't know how to use the afore mentioned abilities & such.
    Coming from a 100% healer in WFs when one gets focused, stunned, debilitated, mana drained etc etc.... we don't usually last too long, even when getting cross healed. If 7 or 8 of the other side focus's myself I'ma need moar than another healer to help me out, usually 2 heals can't out heal 7 or 8 players stunning & nuking them.

That's all lol, just sick of the "NERF HEALS IN WF" threads.

Stay moist

You showed that pet who's boss!

But yeah anyway, healing like that can be a pain, but your team didn't have all the healers marked nor were they attacking the healers. When half your team is just AoEing the middle, no one's gonna die. Stacking healers definitely sucks, but if you spread out a bit more and focused the healers, you probably would have done a little better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

you can't balance healing when some healing souls have limited resources and others don't. when libs/physicians get stacked things get really bad, but when it's just clerics things are easier to deal with.

lib is probably the biggest outlier here not only because of it's total lack of resource management but the fact that ccing a lib does not actually stop it's healing output. stack a few on one side and generally not much dies. they're also way, way too tanky for their output, especially compared to warden.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by xXxUnKnownxXx View Post
    Those two healers got off easy it would seem, looks like your "DPSers" didn't know how to use the afore mentioned abilities & such.
    Coming from a 100% healer in WFs when one gets focused, stunned, debilitated, mana drained etc etc.... we don't usually last too long, even when getting cross healed. If 7 or 8 of the other side focus's myself I'ma need moar than another healer to help me out, usually 2 heals can't out heal 7 or 8 players stunning & nuking them.

Stay moist
    Do you think healers should have more tools to not being interfered with their healing?
    Do you think 2 players should outlast focus from 7-8 players?

In this particular WF we only had one healer marked and he didn't exactly go down as you described...
    H / K O X B O X

Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    Majority of dps was crap => their healers weren't too stressed and people lived.

Blame the bad dps for ppl not dieing.
    Why would you need DPS in this game? You dont even need to use WASD in order to win.
    H / K O X B O X

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by xXxUnKnownxXx View Post

Stay moist
    Not sure if you are being facetious about the more CC breaks thing, so my apologies if you're not.

Adding more CC breaks was the Dev's solution to the amount of CC in the game once they started adding additional CC abilities to Rift. So, if anything they should reduce the amount of CC abilities or increase the cooldown of CC abilities (maybe both). CC should be used strategically, not something that is able to be used frequently. IMO the change to the DR system contributed to this nonsense too.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 01-09-2016 at 09:01 PM.

Do you think healers should have more tools to not being interfered with their healing?
    Do you think 2 players should outlast focus from 7-8 players?

In this particular WF we only had one healer marked and he didn't exactly go down as you described...
    Just one would be nice. Or do what Tookmyjob suggested & decrease the amount of CC abilities of some builds & such, or increase cooldown's on em, sounds smooth. (just my opinion trolls, keep your turtlenecks on).

No I don't, that's why I said
    usually 2 heals can't out heal 7 or 8 players stunning & nuking them relentlessly.
    That's prolly because the rest of your "team" were targeting anything that moved rather than the healer/healers.

But hey, as they say, if you can't beat em join em.

Most WFs lack healers haha.
    Last edited by xXxUnKnownxXx; 01-10-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Players die within a cc, and you cry about op healing? Go home your drunk!
    I can show you at least 10 players from eu who can solo any healer.
    Real problem is: no focus, no assist, random cc, gear disparity, pve aoe builds in warfronts.

Nice backpaddling tough. Your damage is ****ing low why do you except easily solo a CROSS healed healer? Check his buffs. When you do 7k+ come back and cry again.
    Last edited by Kartia; 01-11-2016 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post
    Real problem is: no focus, no assist, random cc, gear disparity, pve aoe builds in warfronts.

Nice backpaddling tough. Your damage is ****ing low why do you except easily solo a CROSS healed healer? Check his buffs. When you do 7k+ come back and cry again.
    I'm a filthy euro-trash with english as my second language but can someone please translate this for me?
    H / K O X B O X

Plane Walker

i agree with kartia.
    i think its a l2p issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post

all of this, 110%
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

In all circumstances 3, sometimes 4 good healers are enough to heal in 15v15, this is balanced

Yesterday in stepes i was on crossfire with deathscyth@brisesol (mm & pyro) vs 8 crossheals + bard and we still killed some (like 20 kills or something) ofc without any help from pick up (60khp club RPZ). We won

If they stack too much so ofc wfs can be boring but they will lose most of the time.

Too few healers you will lose, too much you will lose. So finally it's ok.

Since 3.0 time to burst down someone even full gear is soo fast for 1 dps, so for a crossfire...

a crossfire will win 100% of the time vs a crossheal

Sometimes the fight isn't fun, but you will win the wf.

healing is ok

there are much more issues to fixe than that.
    Last edited by Ballzyboy; 01-11-2016 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballzyboy View Post
    In all circumstances 3, sometimes 4 good healers are enough to heal in 15v15, this is balanced

Yesterday in stepes i was on crossfire with deathscyth@brisesol (mm & pyro) vs 8 crossheals + bard and we still killed some (like 20 kills or something) ofc without any help from pick up (60khp club RPZ). We won

If they stack too much so ofc wfs can be boring but they will lose most of the time.

Too few healers you will lose, too much you will lose. So finally it's ok.

Since 3.0 time to burst down someone even full gear is soo fast for 1 dps, so for a crossfire...

a crossfire will win 100% of the time vs a crossheal

Sometimes the fight isn't fun, but you will win the wf.

healing is ok

there are much more issues to fixe than that.
    Really? so why don't take this into that white steppes thread, regarding foul tactics, that is up?

Are we on NA servers just not L2P?
    H / K O X B O X

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast