+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Whitefall turtle "strategy"

Soulwalker

Default Whitefall turtle "strategy"

What an absolutely cowardly way to win. Get the stone from mid, give it to a tank, everyone go heals and turtle in base until the timer runs out. It's not a strategy, it's a joke.

If the carrier took damage like in Black garden or Ghar Station you wouldn't get away with it so easily.

Once there's 4, 5, or 6 healers stacked in a 15vs15, and a tank holding the stone --right in front of their own spawn point--. Game=ruined.

Just leave and take the debuff, the warfront lasts 15 minutes anyway.

It's been suggested to add back in the debuff (50% reduced incoming heal + movement speed debuff) to carriers .

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    movement speed debuff
    With the current CC-mess we will never see a successful theft again. With my tank I sometimes need 20 seconds to run 10 meters. Stun, 7s root, confusion push-back and Iam at the point where I started. Then the same prozedure again.

It's been suggested to add back in the debuff (50% reduced incoming heal + movement speed debuff) to carriers .
    But immortal mode is something you hold dear?
    H / K O X B O X

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

/hat tip to Kronos for a really good counter strategy to this problem. Quoting-

1. Have your team push in the gate in front of the re-spawn with the intention of herding the carrier sideways - towards the cap point.
    2. Have one player with a pull (my preference is VK) at the cap point.
    3. Once the carrier is in range, pull him onto the cap point, capping the stone.
    4. Steal the stone.
    5. Your re-spawns hold mid.
    6. Your surviving team pins the enemy team in their base as long as possible.

Anyone else have any other ideas on how to turn the tables on Whitefall Turtle?
    Who is John Galt?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riftologist View Post

1. Have your team push in the gate in front of the re-spawn with the intention of herding the carrier sideways - towards the cap point.
    3. Once the carrier is in range, pull him onto the cap point, capping the stone.
    4. Steal the stone.

1. 75% of the team switch to heals, 25% of the team switch to tank.
    2. AoE the stone like crazy.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

This tactic is just as fair as the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Riftologist View Post

4. Steal the stone.

strategy? in a warfront? excuse me, I join warfronts to mash buttons and pad stats so I can post pretty screenshots to the forums to show off my epeen.

This strategy is preventing me from getting kbs and it makes my stats look horrible. This needs to be fixed
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

posting a reply I made in another thread here:

Quote Originally Posted by VDistul View Post
    Two of my past three matches in Whitefall Steppes a team has had a tank bring the core to their base...
    this is not the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by VDistul View Post
    ...where they sat with a large number of healers...
    this is the problem.
    this is the elephant in the room that Cupcakey refuses to address in her own posts on this subject.

it isn't the guy holding the stone, or even the fact that he is a tank.
    it is the heals and cross heals. the problem exists or has the potential to exist in every match of every map - though for various reasons its rare to see such an overwhelming number of healers on a team as we see in these whitefalls. yet we have all seen other matches on other maps where excessive cross healing has reduced the game to a standoff healfest.

this problem needs to be addressed as a whole, not just this one outlier manifestation of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    posting a reply I made in another thread here:

this is not the problem.

this is the problem.
    this is the elephant in the room that Cupcakey refuses to address in her own posts on this subject.

it is the heals and cross heals. the problem exists or has the potential to exist in every match of every map - though for various reasons its rare to see such an overwhelming number of healers on a team as we see in these whitefalls. yet we have all seen other matches on other maps where excessive cross healing has reduced the game to a standoff healfest.

this problem needs to be addressed as a whole, not just this one outlier manifestation of the problem.
    Actually, cross healing would not a problem considering there is nothing penalizing the carrier right now. Of course cross healing is the "elephant" in the room but when you add in a reduction that makes an immense difference.

50% reduced incoming healing is pretty significant even with crosshealing. I've seen plenty of people go splat in Blighted Antechamber despite having a large number of healers trying to keep up the stone carrier w/ debuff.

Last edited by Riane; 01-09-2016 at 11:27 PM.

Actually, cross healing would not a problem considering there is nothing penalizing the carrier right now. Of course cross healing is the "elephant" in the room but when you add in a reduction that makes an immense difference.

50% reduced incoming healing is pretty significant even with crosshealing. I've seen plenty of people go splat in Blighted Antechamber despite having a large number of healers trying to keep up the stone carrier w/ debuff.

great!
    so we can solve the cross healing issue on all maps once and for all by giving a few dps souls a 50% heal debuff.
    this will also solve the whitefall stone holder issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

great!
    so we can solve the cross healing issue on all maps once and for all by giving a few dps souls a 50% heal debuff.
    its not a 100% fix tho. its more like fixing a crack on space shuttle with a small piece of duck tape and a large smile full of positive attitude.

The average "Tank" frolics around in war fronts with 105-165k HP+(if built right).. Add burst heals and cross healing with a Tank holding that power sink with intentions on turtling, and yes that White fall steppes will become an annoying "Lock box".

I agree with the said idea of having the "power sink" holder's incoming heals reduced, but from my calculations and due to the state heals are in currently, it should be raised a bit, like say around 62.76% healing penalty toward the sink holder..

My Thoughts: Implement a Damaging Tic at a certain time(long or short stretch) either will work. Have each Tic be a bit harsher than its last, can even be a Debuff called "your are Turtling" or just a Turtle Art.

But even if, there's always something else that will stand in the way, yet I will still stand by My "Damaging Tic" debuff idea, for it will discipline the holder as well as their team to come up with another strategy or be forced to turn it in as intended.

~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

this is the problem.

Healing is an issue, but the tank being a tank is an issue as well. Look at Black Garden. The tanks holding the fang usually go down faster than anyone else because of the scaling. Unless it's a zerg and everyone is going for the fang trying to get lucky, I'd rather (as a healer) see the tank work on getting the enemy out of there so someone else can pick up the fang.

I definitely think the tank would go down easier with a delayed version of the Black Garden debuff (i.e. 45s after you gain possession, it starts). This would do a fairly good job fixing this issue. I think the healing issue is different and should be handled separately as it is more of an overhaul than adding the debuff to the Whitefall stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Ascendant

For ****'s sake, just let the stones spawn on a regular times regardless of what is going on with the first stone.

Putting a debuff on the stone itself would make stealing a hell of a lot more difficult, so I definitely do not want to see that solution implemented.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast