+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I look through my combat logs with bitter disgust

Default I look through my combat logs with bitter disgust

Where in what game can you get hit for 28k in 2 ranged attacks or near 40k damage in 3-4 ranged attacks?

I mean then you also realize they are all auto following projectiles that will go through walls if need be.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 01-08-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Sword of Telara

Single hit size doesn't matter. Fulminate makes people cry because it happily crits over 20k, yet you see less complaints that that you can so easily stack a fireball, a fulminate and an ethereal blast so that they all land virtually simultaneously with the potential for two or three to crit. Or you could roll warlock and do empowering darkness -> arcane manipulation (@self) -> void barrage and blow of a large chunk in about 11 different simultaneous damage packets. But hey, range hurts, no matter how you look at it.

Although, if you were trying to be more specific about the range > melee bias that's taken hold over the past year plus a few months, there's far more to it than the amount of damage that range puts out and the ease with which melee souls get burned down.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    Where in what game can you get hit for 28k in 2 ranged attacks or near 40k damage in 3-4 ranged attacks?

I mean then you also realize they are all auto following projectiles that will go through walls if need be.
    Ghar station, while holding a stone with a whole bunch of raid buffs.

I've had Rift Burst crit for that much while holding a stone (25% buff to damage done) and it can be delivered by ranged abilities (meaning your actually going to end up taking in excess of 35-40k during that GCD, depending on abilities used as the delivery system + procs. pretty sure I've had a combined damage of over 50K when it was a crit stone spear that delivered the rift burst).
    with Burst Synergy active, I get three Rift Bursts in a row.

also helps when the target is a fresh 65 with bad gear and empty slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    Ghar station, while holding a stone with a whole bunch of raid buffs.

I've had Rift Burst crit for that much while holding a stone (25% buff to damage done) and it can be delivered by ranged abilities (meaning your actually going to end up taking in excess of 35-40k during that GCD, depending on abilities used as the delivery system + procs. pretty sure I've had a combined damage of over 50K when it was a crit stone spear that delivered the rift burst).
    with Burst Synergy active, I get three Rift Bursts in a row.

also helps when the target is a fresh 65 with bad gear and empty slots.
    the numbers I cited were pretty conservative you could easily pick and chose out of the many attacks next to those 18k's and tack on 10 or 15k. by the time it's said done estimating say what all the dmg done at ranged form a single pyro. take like maybe 10 consecutive strikes the numbers are astronomical in pvp. My alacrity will do 16k's but that's because it's technically 2 separate attacks hitting 8k? when a single ethereal blast is 18k+? just saying ranged doing a little more then a melee warrior kinda stupid.

Not to much you can't dodge, absorb and block means nothing on top of everything is auto follow . these are the worst attributes about rift pvp.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 01-08-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Sword of Telara

2 separate 8k, 16k, what's the difference if it all strikes at the same time?

Damage is damage, health loss is health loss, death is death. The rate of death doesn't depend on how many individual damage packets are dealt.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Tactician could almost do it at level 60 /shrug. Not the 40k part, but the 28k part was pushing closer.

And to pragmatically answer your question, Eq2. Damage is so soft and weak in this game for the general most part. I remember getting a warrior to post on the official forums to nerf wizards, because he ate my raid geared-full-of-bs Manaburn. GG % based effect that is increased by buffs. Because L O L when you had enough buffs to push the base "50% health" past 100%. Couldn't be resisted. If you saw the wizard making a tornado, stop him or RUN . Granted not many mages in the game had gear that could push abilities that high. But to support your notion, the PvP in that game was corny. My gear hit a point where I think even my 5th strongest nuke could 1 shot on a crit. I remember 1 v 6'ing people as a glass cannon. Fun, but, at the end of the day, pretty stupid.

Well, a trip down memory lane while technically answering your question even though I think it was rhetoric.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-08-2016 at 05:29 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

agree with OP, buff assassin to counter these ranged cannons. I'm thinking a toggle that makes slip away act as a buff instead of putting you in stealth that allows burst comparable to paragon so you can toggle and be viable in mid fights
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 01-08-2016 at 05:50 PM.

the numbers I cited were pretty conservative you could easily pick and chose out of the many attacks next to those 18k's and tack on 10 or 15k. by the time it's said done estimating say what all the dmg done at ranged form a single pyro. take like maybe 10 consecutive strikes the numbers are astronomical in pvp. My alacrity will do 16k's but that's because it's technically 2 separate attacks hitting 8k? when a single ethereal blast is 18k+? just saying ranged doing a little more then a melee warrior kinda stupid.

Not to much you can't dodge, absorb and block means nothing on top of everything is auto follow . these are the worst attributes about rift pvp.
    as a paragon your GCD is 1 second
    isn't a pyros 1.5s?

also, gear is relevant.
    you'll hit better geared players for less, and hit harder with better gear yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    as a paragon your GCD is 1 second
    isn't a pyros 1.5s?
    1s for fire and ethereal abilities. And the only real reason to use any other abilities are icicle (because snare if root is on CD) and thundershock (because it's the only spammable mobile spell).
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    agree with OP, buff assassin to counter these ranged cannons. I'm thinking a toggle that makes slip away act as a buff instead of putting you in stealth that allows burst comparable to paragon so you can toggle and be viable in mid fights
    agreed. sin lacks burst.

Yesterday I was standing behind a healer, who didn't move, and it felt like I was hitting the practice dummy in Margle Palace for 2 minutes... at best I had him down to 80% (almost max gear)

Same scenario when I play MM, but atleast I can burst him to 60% before he pops up to full again, like magic...
    H / K O X B O X

Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

Lol sin is fine. The ttk out of stealth can still beat 9/10 fights it encounters.

Oh and assdancer is op af, literally 10k+ builders and you basically 3-4 shot ppl.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    Lol sin is fine. The ttk out of stealth can still beat 9/10 fights it encounters.

Oh and assdancer is op af, literally 10k+ builders and you basically 3-4 shot ppl.
    Lol if you beat pyro, mm, paragon, shaman out of stealth they are terrible unless you are talking about having every cd available including slip away in which you aren't even truly out of stealth. I've never even see you play sin except one match where you went 2-3 and said it was because you were doing objectives

You play mm and nb and shaman and inq , so you lose 9 out of 10 times to sins out of stealth with equal gear?
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 01-09-2016 at 06:48 AM.

Lol if you beat pyro, mm, paragon, shaman out of stealth they are terrible unless you are talking about having every cd available including slip away in which you aren't even truly out of stealth. I've never even see you play sin except one match where you went 2-3 and said it was because you were doing objectives

You play mm and nb and shaman and inq , so you lose 9 out of 10 times to sins out of stealth with equal gear?
    Essentially yes, if they have all their cds and are a good player. Sin does a lot of damage if you're playing the bd subsoul variant.

And assdancer does beyond enough damage. Go duel lotusss and see how fast he can burst you in heals. Its actually pretty amazing.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Essentially yes, if they have all their cds and are a good player. Sin does a lot of damage if you're playing the bd subsoul variant.

And assdancer does beyond enough damage. Go duel lotusss and see how fast he can burst you in heals. Its actually pretty amazing.
    Dueling is no pvp. Watch lotusss solo queue in bd and laugh

The ttk out of stealth can still beat 9/10 fights it encounters.

this is something i can agree with you on,most fights are usually about who gets the jump on who first and sins can do that twice over.
    Last edited by butkus; 01-09-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast