+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Biggest Issue With PvP

Default Biggest Issue With PvP

There is honestly nothing that annoys me more than people who afk in warfronts just talking in chat about how bad the team is. I could never win another match again and be happy if everyone just participated. It's incredibly frustrating when a teammate of yours is sitting there, watching everyone else participate and actually try to win while reaping whatever rewards may come. On the first wipe, one guy goes "lost" and goes and sits in the corner of the spawn. Of course, since he's not "technically" afk (which is complete bs), the Report AFK button does nothing, no matter how many times I spam it.

Ocho, you said those that try the hardest and don't give up generally end up on top. Well how about giving us a chance to deal with those that don't try? The only difference between someone that is actually afk and someone who is just sitting at spawn is the fact that you can kick the first.

To be completely honest, we could have won that match. Ended up 1k-400 because some of us kept pushing. I dropped heals and started backcapping because there really wasn't anyone to heal. But one person starts to afk and soon you have half the team sitting at spawn. At least in NTEs you can put someone on ignore and not be paired with them.

There's a lot that's broken in pvp, and while you can't change player's attitudes, I'd like a bit more control over those that choose to sit there and waste everyone's time. Players that zoned in when it was 700-200 put more effort in than that one person who was there from the start.

Biggest Issue With PvP-2016-01-08_141417.jpg

/rant
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

The one person at the bottom?

I can't tell who was afk. Everyone else was at least out getting killed. People just bad meng even though it can be a 3 button game just like Trove trolol.

Plus I know when I play my alt and get 30k fireballs to the face while tickling them with bolstered gear I just log off. Maybe it's the same.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-08-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Yeah the person at the bottom.

And yeah, when you run in one at a time, you're going to get wrecked, no doubt. Funny thing is the following warfront, someone goes "One healer, game over" before the match even started. We wound up getting one more healer and the other team only had one. We won big time. Sure, the ones just running into the zerg and dying instantly weren't helping the team, but at least there was some sort of effort put forth. While they may not have realized how dumb it was to just run in the middle of the enemy, the intentions were there and that's definitely what I'd prefer to see over /sit.
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

My favorite is when you get the pve sparkle guys who literally quit the wf after crying about matchmaking, then their slot gets filled with a competent player and you win. I wish more people would just quit the match

Sword of Telara

It would appear that the way the reporting AFK button works is that it requires some proportion of the team to do it within a certain timeframe. Then the AFKer gets a buff which requires them to take a PvP action in one minute or it throws them out and applies the usual debuff but for 1h instead. I think. I've hardly ever noticed it, only when loads of people start yelling "report the AFKer!!!" in /wf.

So it requires more of the team to use it for it to have any effect. But nobody bothers presumably because they don't know it exists or they tried it once or twice and it does nothing. So, my suggestion: when a player uses it, it produces a chatbox message for everyone on the team except the reported player saying that they've been reported for AFKing, and encouraging others to check.

That way people who don't notice the AFKer might look at it, and people might know when to start a reporting cascade. Otherwise nothing will ever happen as with the current report function. And for EU's sake, it could cross the language barrier.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

make a macro along the lines of: rw mark [afkers name] as afk NOW please.

spam five or six times every ten seconds until either the afker or you is kicked from the match.

literally the only way the afk system works is if you harass your team.

this, apparently, is such a fundamental part of Rifts Better PvP that it cannot be improved upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

TBH, I don't know why these folkes que if they sit there the whole match or hide somewhere. I mean really, WHY would you? If your at work and want to pop into game, great, but if you que then contribute something or food even if your gunna sit there. Especially, the ones that sit & chat while your winning or losing. idk, but something needs to be done.
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    ...their slot gets filled with a competent player and you win. I wish more people would just quit the match

this 1000 times....

My favorite is when you get the pve sparkle guys who literally quit the wf after crying about matchmaking, then their slot gets filled with a competent player and you win. I wish more people would just quit the match
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasacrim View Post
    this 1000 times....
    I'm sorry, but that stinks as an attitude. I used to be very anti PvP, but after a few goes at it.. I've come around and decided it can be kinda fun! I think I stink at PvP, and am in no way what you would call a "competent player," but I don't care.. I'm having fun.. and trying my best, and maybe at some point, I'll get better.

Why foster the idea that those who are "not competent" in PvP should just quit the match? How can anyone ever learn or get better if they shouldn't even be there messing up your PvP match? Ooh wait.. is PvP to you just for the "1337" players.. and everyone else should just not bother? hmm... I see..
    Last edited by Ahnani; 01-08-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Ahnani@Greybriar
    Ahnastasha@Greybriar
    Shadawni@Greybriar
    Thrainah@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnani View Post
    I'm sorry, but that stinks as an attitude. I used to be very anti PvP, but after a few goes at it.. I've come around and decided it can be kinda fun! I think I stink at PvP, and am in no way what you would call a "competent player," but I don't care.. I'm having fun.. and trying my best, and maybe at some point, I'll get better.

Why foster the idea that those who are "not competent" in PvP should just quit the match? How can anyone ever learn or get better if they shouldn't even be there messing up your PvP match? Ooh wait.. is PvP to you just for the "1337" players.. and everyone else should just not bother? hmm... I see..
    it isn't the competency of the player that is his reason for wanting to see the back of him.

we're more than happy to have incompetent players who are still willing stick it out when the going gets tough and make an effort.

it is the complaining and giving up bit that we don't like to see so much. the players who are only there in the hope that the rest of the team will carry them to an easy win for their daily/weekly/sparkle, but don't have the backbone to try and make a win happen for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Plane Walker

I agree, and I'd much rather take someone more willing to participate than stay in the WF for the whole 15 minutes while doing nothing.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

A 'Not Participating' button would get rid of these people imo.

Once flagged as 'Not Participating' by a teammate, they have 1 minute 30secs to either do some damage to an enemy player, take some damage from an enemy player, or heal a friendly player that has taken damage. (No overhealing)

If they fail to do either of these, they are instantly kicked and given a deserter debuff.

Yes, I have suggested a not participating button for instant adventures also lol
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 01-08-2016 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    A 'Not Participating' button would get rid of these people imo.

Once flagged as 'Not Participating' by a teammate, they have 1 minute 30secs to either do some damage to an enemy player, take some damage from an enemy player, or heal a friendly player that has taken damage. (No overhealing)

If they fail to do either of these, they are instantly kicked and given a deserter debuff.

Yes, I have suggested a not participating button for instant adventures also lol
    I thought about this and it would work for the most part, except in the case where players have the ability to damage themselves (since the meters don't show other players as "enemies"). So it would work until most realize how to get around it. Plus, I'd rather find a way to get them out right away rather than watching them all match to see if they do something before reporting them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Plus, I'd rather find a way to get them out right away rather than watching them all match to see if they do something before reporting them again.
    I think we'd all like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnani View Post

If someone's bad in pvp because they're new (but willing to learn) it's only a matter of time before they improve and start being useful.
    If someone's bad and won't even bother trying then I see no reason for them to be in a WF in the first place.

I'd say a "vote afk" button would be sweet. Since the report afk only works if many people send the report at once, and we all know that almost never happens unless you poke the team instead of, you know, doing pvp, a button similar to vote kick would work. It's one click, no need for rw's and it automatically sends multiple reports. If the person doesn't start to contribute in 1 minute time, then they get kicked and receive a penalty.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast