+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: PUT AN END TO PREMADE PVP TEAMS.

Soulwalker

Angry PUT AN END TO PREMADE PVP TEAMS.

Can't explain in the slightest how discouraging and aggravating it is to have a premade team farming kills/gear/rep/honor all damn day long. Most pug pvp teams suck to begin with. One of the few things I enjoy about the game is pvp. There is no fun in being slaughtered the other team is a practiced and recurring team with voice communications. It just destroys pvp . Something has to be done.

ummmmm. no.
    **** it dude. Lets go bowling

Shadowlander

Actually contrary to popular beliefs, only very few premades are "hardcore" enough to use voice chat .....The rest of us juz make premade to have fun and of course proper roles is preferable too. And 5 man-premade impact is not that great in 15v15 or 10v10. They do in 5v5 or 8v8 but yea pugs skills (which is commonly atrocious) do affect the result in away.

It maybe juz you having real bad RNG team matchmaking

Quote Originally Posted by Valkriy View Post
    Can't explain in the slightest how discouraging and aggravating it is to have a premade team farming kills/gear/rep/honor all damn day long. Most pug pvp teams suck to begin with. One of the few things I enjoy about the game is pvp. There is no fun in being slaughtered the other team is a practiced and recurring team with voice communications. It just destroys pvp . Something has to be done.
    I'm just starting to try out conquest, and I have to agree that when you join a conquest and realize there are already several pre-mades on the other sides, you know there is very little chance that your side will win especially when they are just steamrolling to push the timer.

I somehow randomly joined in a conquest the other day, and was on a side that obviously had several pre-mades (so, yes, we won).. but my raid had all of 4 people (random joiners), so we just ran around and tried to follow the orders.. but all said and done, the entire conquest was completely over in less than 15 minutes with not many kills.. just steamrolling to push the timer. It was nice to win, don't get me wrong.. but I have had much more fun in conquest when it was not clear there were multiple pre-mades, and it felt like all sides had an even chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnani View Post
    I'm just starting to try out conquest, and I have to agree that when you join a conquest and realize there are already several pre-mades on the other sides, you know there is very little chance that your side will win especially when they are just steamrolling to push the timer.

I somehow randomly joined in a conquest the other day, and was on a side that obviously had several pre-mades (so, yes, we won).. but my raid had all of 4 people (random joiners), so we just ran around and tried to follow the orders.. but all said and done, the entire conquest was completely over in less than 15 minutes with not many kills.. just steamrolling to push the timer. It was nice to win, don't get me wrong.. but I have had much more fun in conquest when it was not clear there were multiple pre-mades, and it felt like all sides had an even chance.
    Maybe you should form a premade then.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Plane Walker

Premades in WFs are generally fine because they are mostly just friends and/or guildmates that want to play with each other. Though I understand that in some cases you just have pugs on your team who don't know how to exactly adapt when they see a premade on the other team and distribute healing/DPS roles accordingly. In those cases, yes you might get dunked on pretty badly, but at that point it doesn't really stop you from trying to go for individual kills or completing objectives more quickly than the team with the premade. Only in a few cases will you find either to be impossible to complete, so I just wait until the match ends or try looking for smarter ways to get around situations like that, even if it means more kills for them, as a preventive measure for future WFs.

It also helps if you try emulating what premades do at times, which for any map means not going out on your own and instead travelling in small groups or pairs to cap points or try for other objectives. Otherwise you can work on trying to be a better player by going solo, but that's a bit harder since most people like to sit on objectives with a healer or 1-2 other people.

At the same time, I think there are enough premades around to be distributed somewhat evenly between both teams. I simply think it's a matter of ELO matchmaking that is making it so difficult to find a balanced game in general, premade or not.

As for CQ, I join a premade no matter what. It just doesn't make sense to pug CQ with the current meta. There are plenty of people who form CQ teams in xevents, so you should look out for someone you like and send them a tell before they fill up. I also don't necessarily like joining a CQ premade if there aren't any other premades up, unless I really need a win for the weekly and don't have time otherwise to complete it before the week ends.
    Last edited by Wonski; 01-06-2016 at 10:10 AM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    It also helps if you try emulating what premades do
    I find that immolating also works.

i love doing premades. I wouldn't do pvp otherwise.

you could always form your own premade.

Your request will be denied for starters, so that answers your started post..

Its a 50/50 with me, sometimes I solo and sometimes I -opt- to join a pm, which are fun, and you meet some of the nicest ppl, also ones who are really good and could even teach you a thing or 2. You just need to break out of your shell and group.. I was a shy player and still kinda am, but going into a War front with friends is a wonderful experience, just try it if you haven't already. Join a pvp channel, ask around its very simple (imo).

And for those of you who will debate with me with excuses for the above advice, after a War front, look at the charts, see who's doing real Dps and heals, ask them to group, its as simple as that.. People often ask to group with me after War fronts and at times its people I don't even know.. I don't mind it at all, I just love the thrill I get while participating in any PvP content.

CQ? same thing I don't have to go into deep Discussion/explanation of the said advice all over agin.. Wish you the best of Luck!

~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Read my sig. There's your answer.
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

people like exploiting matchmaking too much to get rid of premades.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    What if matchmaking exploits premades
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    I like the new song Miley Cyrus has about Space Boots.

The problem is, that solo players get no compensation for fighting against premades.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast