Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By KiwiRage
  • 3 Post By Xclvsive
  • 1 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Hp1harry
  • 2 Post By Kronos v

Thread: GET RID OF IT.

Default GET RID OF IT.

sick and tired of getting 15min penalties for wanting to avoid bugs in this damn warfront.
    TAKE BRONZE TOMB OUT OF THE QUEUE.

GET RID OF IT.-igir7hf.jpg

/10characters
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

If only those random Warfronts were purely random, and not random + mystery WF's. Kind of cute how they call it random, when really it's not random. It's mystery. If you could queue for any random given WF, and (hold onto your seats) SEE WHAT WF YOU ARE ABOUT TO ENTER, this wouldn't even be a problem.

But, either it's an oversight, or they know they have WF's crappy enough that people would almost never accept queues for them. So, either an oversight, or a strong armed way to get play on WF's that would never see it if people had to consent to joining that WF.

But really, people would just leave 1 WF out of the queue like this if it wasn't for "random queue rewards". MAKE IT RANDOM.

When the magician shows me the face of the deck, I pick a random card. To me it's random. To him it's a mystery. All people want to do is see the card they are about to pick, instead of constantly drawing from a flipped over deck. I don't know, maybe you could make the "random" queue not a mystery as to which WF you are about to join. I don't know, maybe you could accept the fact that some WF's just plain suck, should be removed, and redone in a different way, instead of forcing that 95 honda to run. Get over it, get a new car. I don't know, could [a billion things].
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I assume one of the biggest factors affecting "randomness" is whether a lot of other people are chosing specifics to finish Guns. I see a lot of "randoms" of the same WF at the end of the week, usually the ones listed on that week's Guns quest. Start of the week tends to be a little more random when people are burning extra patron charges.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Telaran

I'm actually starting to like bronze tomb? The changes to the last room aoe thingy helped and if you have really organized team it can be pretty fun

Was in a tragic Iron Tomb a few days back and decided to try for "It burns when I PvP" ... darn healer saved me /headdesk
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    If only those random Warfronts were purely random, and not random + mystery WF's. Kind of cute how they call it random, when really it's not random. It's mystery. If you could queue for any random given WF, and (hold onto your seats) SEE WHAT WF YOU ARE ABOUT TO ENTER, this wouldn't even be a problem.

But, either it's an oversight, or they know they have WF's crappy enough that people would almost never accept queues for them. So, either an oversight, or a strong armed way to get play on WF's that would never see it if people had to consent to joining that WF.

But really, people would just leave 1 WF out of the queue like this if it wasn't for "random queue rewards". MAKE IT RANDOM.

When the magician shows me the face of the deck, I pick a random card. To me it's random. To him it's a mystery. All people want to do is see the card they are about to pick, instead of constantly drawing from a flipped over deck. I don't know, maybe you could make the "random" queue not a mystery as to which WF you are about to join. I don't know, maybe you could accept the fact that some WF's just plain suck, should be removed, and redone in a different way, instead of forcing that 95 honda to run. Get over it, get a new car. I don't know, could [a billion things].
    Sounds like you had an epiphany.
    Good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Hp1harry View Post
    I'm actually starting to like bronze tomb? The changes to the last room aoe thingy helped and if you have really organized team it can be pretty fun
    IT didn't help with the million other problems this map has.

1) Bugs that makes you stuck in spawn ( I know you can respawn, that doesn't make it any less **** ).
    2) Ties about half the time.
    3) If offense caps the 3 points, the other team is now 'playing for a tie'. (at best a tie, but usually a loss, given that the team capping 3 points is usually better). Either way, 10 minute game with no loot, no bonus reward, no good feeling of victory, nothing. If you "fail" you lose, but if you "succeed" ( i.e. cap the 3 points too ) you only get a tie.
    4) Bugs that makes a winning team lose the game (they stop enemy team on point 1 or 2, but no stones can be activated when it's their turn, so they tie or lose, despite crushing their opponents).
    5) Massive add of players between rounds ( offense team cap 3 points in 2.5 minutes with 5 players when it's almost impossible to defend, then +15 players each team, and there's no chance at all they cap 3 points in such short time in a 20vs20 turtlefest)
    6) More bugs
    7) Even more bugs
    8) Too long, and last point is very unbalanced 20 vs 20. Even without the cannons. 10 tanks and 10 heals can just respawn and run to the point and spam mindlessly and it'd be very hard to cap the point. (no one ever does that, but just saying. Pretty sure it'd work most of the time). This give the general idea of why last point isn't capped a lot when teams are fairly balanced.
    9) ****ing bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post

1) Bugs that makes you stuck in spawn ( I know you can respawn, that doesn't make it any less **** ).
    use /stuck

2) Ties about half the time.
    fix will be "the faster team wins"
    ie: if both teams reach the third room but fail to cap the last point, the team that got there in three minutes will win, while the team that got there in five will lose.

3) If offense caps the 3 points, the other team is now 'playing for a tie'. (at best a tie, but usually a loss, given that the team capping 3 points is usually better). Either way, 10 minute game with no loot, no bonus reward, no good feeling of victory, nothing. If you "fail" you lose, but if you "succeed" ( i.e. cap the 3 points too ) you only get a tie.
    see previous point.
    the team that capped all three nodes the fastest will win.

4) Bugs that makes a winning team lose the game (they stop enemy team on point 1 or 2, but no stones can be activated when it's their turn, so they tie or lose, despite crushing their opponents).
    like other bugs on the map, they will be fixed. until then, providing the correct information on a bug will speed up identifying it and fixing it. (you didn't mention that with this particular bug, the teams often start in the wrong room. this is why the nodes aren't active, the room hasn't actually been activated yet).

5) Massive add of players between rounds ( offense team cap 3 points in 2.5 minutes with 5 players when it's almost impossible to defend, then +15 players each team, and there's no chance at all they cap 3 points in such short time in a 20vs20 turtlefest)
    this one I agree with you on.
    the map should be locked to starting teams only. no new joins once the match is underway.

6) More bugs
    7) Even more bugs
    care to elaborate?
    they cant fix it if you refuse to tell them about it.

8) Too long, and last point is very unbalanced 20 vs 20. Even without the cannons. 10 tanks and 10 heals can just respawn and run to the point and spam mindlessly and it'd be very hard to cap the point. (no one ever does that, but just saying. Pretty sure it'd work most of the time). This give the general idea of why last point isn't capped a lot when teams are fairly balanced.
    disagree on it being too long, agree on the rest.
    any suggestions for resolving this?
    I'd suggest every time a defender dies they have a second added to the respawn timer (pushing back the existing counter and added to subsequent respawn counters).

9) ****ing bugs.
    see my comment on points 6 and 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    use /stuck
    Yeah I mentioned in my post that I knew how to deal with it. But it takes time, it looks bad, and it just adds up to the rest of the things on the map.

fix will be "the faster team wins"
    ie: if both teams reach the third room but fail to cap the last point, the team that got there in three minutes will win, while the team that got there in five will lose.

see previous point.
    the team that capped all three nodes the fastest will win.
    Yes, that would be a HUGE improvement on the map.

About as soon as the map was released, I sent them a feedback suggesting that, by the way., explaining that yeah, that's how they do it in FPS ( which is pretty much where the game mode came from ). Talked about it here too.

And I've read on the forums from a purple guy(don't know their function exactly, wtv) that they'd do it... a long time ago. But nothing so far.

You seem to dismiss my entire post with stuff like "They could fix it!"
    Yes, I know they could fix it. Everything can be fixed.
    They are not fixing it. That's the point.

It's like some kid crying with a broken arm and you tell him ah, no worries, the docs can fix you up in no time!...
    ...but then you don't bring him to the hospital, you keep doing whatever you were doing before.

Just saying a fix is possible doesn't make the situation any better.

this one I agree with you on.
    the map should be locked to starting teams only. no new joins once the match is underway.

disagree on it being too long, agree on the rest.
    any suggestions for resolving this?
    I'd suggest every time a defender dies they have a second added to the respawn timer (pushing back the existing counter and added to subsequent respawn counters).
    Well, first thing is, the stones could be a bit faster to cap. I mean they're like twice as long as Codex nodes, even tho Codex nodes are very often capped when no one is around ( left alone, like vault, or after you kill them all ).

This one (especially the third) will never be "left alone" because it's the only node left in the map when you're at that point...
    So your option is to kill them all, which is very hard if the teams are balanced, because it's 20 people. Unless you can kill 20 people in 10 seconds, they stream endlessly and it doesn'T really matter if they do well or not, as long as they can just spam 1 aoe on the relic before dying.

Unless the teams are unbalanced and you're obliterating them so they can't even respawn fast enough, it's not happening.

The only 3rd point caps I've seen EVER in this map :
    -Defense is a derp and the point is capped despite 10 defenders being around the point. None bothered interrupting
    -Some fast runner got to the point before the defense
    -Teams are clearly unbalanced, offense is destroying everything in sight

But if teams are about equal in strength and defense pays attention... It's never happening.
    Because not only being in defense gives you an edge, you also have cannons, and you only have to interrupt the guy once to stop it, while the guy is locking himself to do nothing for like 8 seconds or wtv.

like other bugs on the map, they will be fixed. until then, providing the correct information on a bug will speed up identifying it and fixing it. (you didn't mention that with this particular bug, the teams often start in the wrong room. this is why the nodes aren't active, the room hasn't actually been activated yet).

care to elaborate?
    they cant fix it if you refuse to tell them about it.

see my comment on points 6 and 7.
    I did elaborate.
    I did tell them about it.
    THREE times. With every way that is offered to me.

-I talked about it in a thread someone else made
    -I made my own thread about it : http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-devs-pls.html
    (I tell exactly how it happens, scroll down the thread for my 2nd post )
    -I sent them bug feedback with the in-game feature everytime it happened.

Note that my thread is 3 weeks old.
    My feedbacks are even older than that, the thread was pretty much my reaction over the map STILL being bugged after all this time.

If someone on the dev team wants to tell me his contact info, I'll be happy to tell him directly. We can even have a little chat about it!

I used every way to let them know.
    They know.
    They don't fix it.
    They don't remove it until it's fixed.
    They don't tell us anything about a fix being currently in work or an idea of a date for the fix.

I'm not asking for them to delete the map permanently, like some people do.
    I only want it to be fixed, and (given that it's been weeks/months and it's still not fixed, so it's OBVIOUSLY NOT A PRIORITY for them ), they should disable it until it is fixed.

If it was disabled, people wouldn't care if the fix takes a week or a month or a year.

But it's still on, and you keep getting the map with all its bugs and ****...
    I think it's right to complain.

It's broken. Disable it until they fix it. It's taking WAYYYYYY too long to just let it roll until its fixed.

+ Reply to Thread