+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How is this matchmaking?

Default How is this matchmaking?

Does trion just start randomly placing people on teams after a pm is in it? I am constantly finding myself against a really imbalanced match. If I were not there this would have been done...over...How is this matchmaking.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...-03_171240.jpg

Is this ELO based? and that is the reason I find myself up against things like this trying hard to carry a team? Trion thinks a few soloist can become gods and take on a superior team alone?

I would like to have an in dept explanation of how match making is working...

Would a DEV please post in dept how the matchmaking process works?

I mean, you're also playing marksman. *Tab, pew! Killing blow achieved.* Look at the pyro below you, close to the same damage as you and yet like no KB's. KB's are nothing when you have Marksmans running around.

Some warfronts I do upwards of 6 million damage and I have like 5 kills (Because Ethereal beam didn't get interrupted, knocked back, pulled, and it also crit, ikr what luck?) and then I look at the end score board and boom, Marksman with like 50-60kb's.

In this map it is also more then likely that due to the red team controlling the middle, the 3 top damagers were probably camping the middle waiting for anyone to appear on their map. They could also just have better gear/better skill, but doubtfull.

I dont play mm....sin and nb. In this i was nb. Couldnt tell by the self heals? I should post healing done...its even more sad =_=
    Last edited by Osirian; 01-03-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Okay

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Osirian View Post
    Does trion just start randomly placing people on teams after a pm is in it? I am constantly finding myself against a really imbalanced match. If I were not there this would have been done...over...How is this matchmaking.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...-03_171240.jpg

Is this ELO based? and that is the reason I find myself up against things like this trying hard to carry a team? Trion thinks a few soloist can become gods and take on a superior team alone?

I would like to have an in dept explanation of how match making is working...

This seems decently even, 41-51 and a relatively close game, this certainly isn't the worst I've seen.

People weren't that far from your damage done, more or less probably Kb sniped. Idk, that match seems fine
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Okay

/10char
    Doesnt explain matchmaking

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    This seems decently even, 41-51 and a relatively close game, this certainly isn't the worst I've seen.

People weren't that far from your damage done, more or less probably Kb sniped. Idk, that match seems fine
    i was mostly solo on the other side of the map this entire fight...

i was mostly solo on the other side of the map this entire fight...
    So while you were killing players, your team was holding objectives and scoring points.

It looks like you defended one point the entire match. So your team contributed, just not in the same way as you. This is extremely far from a lopsided match.
    Last edited by Artewig; 01-03-2016 at 04:01 PM.
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

So while you were killing players, your team was holding objectives and scoring points.

It looks like you defended one point the entire match. So your team contributed, just not in the same way as you. This is extremely far from a lopsided match.
    ...cause killing nobody wins the game

A duo is by no means a premade but Elo is a factor here for who is matched against the duo.

...cause killing nobody wins the game
    Well it is possible to win without killing anyone. If you look, your team killed plenty of people. And managed to capture plenty of points in the process.

Well it is possible to win without killing anyone. If you look, your team killed plenty of people. And managed to capture plenty of points in the process.
    the point is, the matchmaking system puts everything on a few or sole person. If I wasnt there it would have been a serious lopside. It shouldnt be like that...why should one person have to side on the losing team all the time and expected to basically carry.
    Last edited by Osirian; 01-03-2016 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    A duo is by no means a premade but Elo is a factor here for who is matched against the duo.
    So how does one stack a team like this vs...that? Take me out of the picture and compare; how is that matchmaking?

So how does one stack a team like this vs...that? Take me out of the picture and compare; how is that matchmaking?
    Take you out of the picture and the difference would be significant since the same people wouldn't even be in there.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

The matchmaker looks at players queued, and tries to make as balanced a match as possible based on their prior records. It then puts a match together and kicks it off. The team that tries hardest usually wins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast