+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remove Elo or fix the warfront que please

Default Remove Elo or fix the warfront que please

I am not sure what is so hard about fixing this. It is a simple change of coding to lock a warfront so people don't immediately join a losing one and RIP their ELO. Some people like to solo que (hint hint) and it seems that unless you are a premade; you join an ending warftont (mostly losing off the bat).

There seems to be a never ending down spiral of complaints aimed at the DEVs. This is something that somebody that woke up on a Monday after partying all weekend could fix in like 5minutes...

Solution: Lock wfs after a certain amount is acheived (also look and see if it is like 500-25 and they have a full cap) OR just remove the ELO rating. Nothing worse than listening to some dragon slaying groupies brag because they roll into a wf and rickroll pugs.

Also...what is with the leaving a wf to do something more productive and getting a loss?
    Last edited by Osirian; 01-03-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Osirian View Post
    Also...what is with the leaving a wf to do something more productive and getting a loss?
    When you leave a warfront you are responsible for having someone else join a fail warfront (you know, the very thing you're complaining about in this thread? ).

I'd give you two losses for that.
    (and 10 if you just afk to avoid deserter bonus while still not doing anything, like some people do).

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    When you leave a warfront you are responsible for having someone else join a fail warfront (you know, the very thing you're complaining about in this thread? ).

I'd give you two losses for that.
    (and 10 if you just afk to avoid deserter bonus while still not doing anything, like some people do).
    lol if you pvped long enough you would know I usually carry a team.. I am just saying that it is pointless if something pops and you gotta leave even if its a win.

Ascendant

I got a few thousand pvp games among many alts, I just don't remember names

well, assuming you're talking about leaving a winning warfront... what should they do?
    They obviously can't give you a win ( or everyone would just join&leave 14 warfronts instantly just to get their 7 warfront charges )...
    And you don't seem to like getting a loss, so... They should not count the WF at all on your score?
    But if this happens, people will leave in the last few seconds of the lost games, even close ones, to avoid the loss, so even when a comeback would've been possible ( losing by 20 points on codex, stuff like that ) now it's never gonna happen because half the team who care about their stats will leave instead of trying to win. Edit : I mean, they already do, even when it means getting the loss AND the deserter status.

I understand the frustration, but I don't see a reasonable way to fix this...
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 01-03-2016 at 02:28 PM.

well, if its a loss;even if they leave count it as a lost. But if they leave right before a win and the match actually wins (dont count it at all for anything).

More importantly stop letting people join a hopeless wf.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Osirian View Post
    well, if its a loss;even if they leave count it as a lost. But if they leave right before a win and the match actually wins (dont count it at all for anything).

More importantly stop letting people join a hopeless wf.
    Well, on that we agree!
    This was supposed to be done, but I don't see how it's working.
    I keep joining warfronts where a team has like 3x the other team's score, or games that are 1 minute away from losing, stuff like that.

I understand that when a player leaves, the teams are unbalanced and fighting outnumbered isn't fun, but bringing in 1 more player who'll most likely not even have the time to do anything on the game, doesn't help at all. It just piss up 1 more guy.

+ Reply to Thread