+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rgizil
  • 1 Post By McChaffe
  • 1 Post By Fomal

Thread: A few WF suggestions

Default A few WF suggestions

WFs aren't in the best shape right now, and as someone who cares about the game, I would like to make some suggestions to fixing it.

1. Limit the tanks HP, 160k tanks are way to strong in wfs; maybe a max of 110k in wfs?

2. In Bronze Tomb, a removal of the entire wf may be necessary until the glitches in it can be fixed

3. an ELO reset may be needed, having people run around with high ELOs or low ELOs, certainly unbalances the game especially since quite a few of the ELOs are from pre-NT
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Tanks are pretty OP. You completely fulfill the role in pvp simply by selecting the role and adding some buffs. Requires zero skill to be a benefit at a capture point.
    Even blizzard is smart enough to nerf tanks in pvp.

I back elo resets. Might help clear things up since SL.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    specially since quite a few of the ELOs are from pre-NT
    Gross understatement. If you played from Sept/Oct 2013 and up until NT came out, you already pretty much have your Elo set in stone for you.

WFs aren't in the best shape right now, and as someone who cares about the game, I would like to make some suggestions to fixing it.

1. Limit the tanks HP, 160k tanks are way to strong in wfs; maybe a max of 110k in wfs?

2. In Bronze Tomb, a removal of the entire wf may be necessary until the glitches in it can be fixed

3. an ELO reset may be needed, having people run around with high ELOs or low ELOs, certainly unbalances the game especially since quite a few of the ELOs are from pre-NT
    i will support this cause
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Plane Walker

I disagree about tanks.
    They have been much maligned in pvp by the unwashed masses and now they are getting some glory..sort of.
    Its not all that much fun to play a tank imo, so just like when i switch to heals for the 10th wf in a row its kinda self sacrifice for the benefit of the team.
    With a healer theyre a pita for sure, but so is a pockethealed dps or dom..

A well played tank is a boon for any team, i guess it just frustrates todays Dps who have gotten used to the woefully short TTK they enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    I disagree about tanks.
    They have been much maligned in pvp by the unwashed masses and now they are getting some glory..sort of.
    Its not all that much fun to play a tank imo, so just like when i switch to heals for the 10th wf in a row its kinda self sacrifice for the benefit of the team.
    With a healer theyre a pita for sure, but so is a pockethealed dps or dom..

A well played tank is a boon for any team, i guess it just frustrates todays Dps who have gotten used to the woefully short TTK they enjoy.
    A tank in Black Garden (either map), Karthan Ridge (either), Codex, Bronze Tomb, Blighted Antechamber, Whitefall, or Library is a major problem.

I'm not talking about the 89k tanks, I'm talking about the 150-160k tanks.

Take the Bronze Tomb I was in for example: Me and Hoodies and Nairyu? I think. told everyone on our team to go 1 way and the 3 of us will go guard the other. 2 cleric tanks and a rogue tank. 13 came our side, Hoodies went in and aoe'd, he died, Nairyu brezzed him, I went in as rogue tank and held them then ported back when Hoodies got rezzed and healed. When I ported out, Nairyu went in and aoe'd, until he died and Hoodies rezzed him while I went in again aoe'd and then ported out, and we kept repeating this for the entire match.....That shouldn't even remotely be allowed. (when we ran out of brezzes one would just respawn and come back instead)

Take whitefall, someone grabs the stone, sits in base with it as a 150 tank spec, yea heals have more then anything to do with here, but if he was dps, you could pull him away from his heals and kill him; you aren't doing that as a tank.

110k max hp sounds reasonable, it'd be much easier to kill tanks while still giving them some relevance in warfronts; it'd just prevent people from stacking tanks to win.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

A tank in Black Garden (either map), Karthan Ridge (either), Codex, Bronze Tomb, Blighted Antechamber, Whitefall, or Library is a major problem.

Take the Bronze Tomb I was in for example: Me and Hoodies and Nairyu? I think. told everyone on our team to go 1 way and the 3 of us will go guard the other. 2 cleric tanks and a rogue tank. 13 came our side, Hoodies went in and aoe'd, he died, Nairyu brezzed him, I went in as rogue tank and held them then ported back when Hoodies got rezzed and healed. When I ported out, Nairyu went in and aoe'd, until he died and Hoodies rezzed him while I went in again aoe'd and then ported out, and we kept repeating this for the entire match.....That shouldn't even remotely be allowed. (when we ran out of brezzes one would just respawn and come back instead)

Take whitefall, someone grabs the stone, sits in base with it as a 150 tank spec, yea heals have more then anything to do with here, but if he was dps, you could pull him away from his heals and kill him; you aren't doing that as a tank.

110k max hp sounds reasonable, it'd be much easier to kill tanks while still giving them some relevance in warfronts; it'd just prevent people from stacking tanks to win.
    Sorry but what you are saying makes no sense.

1, Everything what happens in Bronze Tomb is irrelevant, because this map is broken. Here is a one week old screenshot. We were able to defend our base over the whole 7:30 min. with only 5 kills (opponents had 72). All you need is enough ranged specs. Not the tanks are the problem in this map, the problem is the map itself.
    http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1451741580.jpg

2, Your whitefall example is also irrelevant, because you talk about unfair gameplay. You cant nerf a spec because 0,001% abuse the mechanic in whitefall. You could also play this unfair game with healers.

3, "it'd just prevent people from stacking tanks to win." lol man come on. Show me how to win a Codex or Black Garden by stacking tanks.... Maybe thats the reason why we so many tanks in PvP....

4, 160k hp tanks have full T2/3 raid gear with top runes and 210er essences. DDs with this equip are also unstoppable.

5, If you want to say something please be honest. You could say "Ok, tanks are annoying because I cant kill them within 5 seconds with my 2-button crash-bum-bam tactic". But to say "I play tank and I feel soooo overpowered, please nerf us" is not honest. You are DD and you want tanks to be nerfed, so please say it this way.

Then build yourself a tank set, with a tank spec =o

I rarely see full tanks

But i see tons of strong hybrids, that plays custom builds ;o

I play puri with a shield , and its just a choice, what is the counter to high dps?

High mitigation, Tanking

If dps would have no counter, then it would be boring, dont forget its rock paper scissor game

If you can play all 3, then you rock =o

If you only play 1 and expect others to be nerfed, I'm sorry, but it wont happen

Sincerely, Exxy

+ Reply to Thread