+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Future for Rifts PvP????

Default Future for Rifts PvP????

was curious if WF elo rating is and will be the only form of rated PvP. Personally I'd like to see a Shard only PvP rated feature for Seastone specifically or SOMETHING... like 1xv1x rated gladiator coliseum pit battles with traps/notraps like in Bronze tomb, grey tomb. I know PvP isn't a main focus, but it would definitely raise up the population on the one and only dead pvp shard seastone. Elo is kinda crap considering MY rating is dependent on like 10+ others, who mostly are PVERS!!! there AT LEAST should be a Rated and Non-rated queue differentiation. I doubt anyone has any real future predictions, but curious. PvP is dying when it has sooooo much potential. RIP seastone.

nothing about open world matters anymore and the devs have even said as much,its not in our plans moving forward.just take a look in wfs and the bolstering system and what gear is bis,now if your taking open world its not even close as raid is king.

that leads back to why would pvpers want to pvp open world with gear a tier or two behind raid gear?
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Arenas or even server specific PvP features are highly unlikely to happen.

In theory your "rated PvP" would be playing premade vs premade "Ranked: Black Garden". Personally I sat with premades in queue for hours back in Storm Legion waiting for a queue pop. And it never popped.

So with the obvious options for proper rated PvP already tried or not on the table, the big question is where we can go from here. For now tweaks on the Elo system with the goal to make teams a bit more balanced would be my best guess.

Theres duels and ganks for WPvP, but that has to do with a population issue. I think. If there was more reason to stay or even play on seastone, there would be a lot more WPvP.
    For competitive PvP in general, something to even implement a rating such as Elo, then have it be determined by numerous variables, to where it's not even my characters rating really.

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    nothing about open world matters anymore and the devs have even said as much,its not in our plans moving forward.just take a look in wfs and the bolstering system and what gear is bis,now if your taking open world its not even close as raid is king.

that leads back to why would pvpers want to pvp open world with gear a tier or two behind raid gear?
    Going into the open world 2 tiers behind would be a choice of refusal and laziness.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    Going into the open world 2 tiers behind would be a choice of refusal and laziness.
    oh, you mean like how pvers cried and whined about getting smashed in wfs because they didn't have the time to grind out a 2nd set of gear?
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

+ Reply to Thread