Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Challenge: Grind your Elo to 4k =o

Default The Challenge: Grind your Elo to 4k =o

Kinda simple, Is'nt it

If you are already in that Club

Holler ;O And Post Screenshot

Still 617 Elo to go =o

Sincerely, Exxy

Sec let me find a screenshot from when I was level 60 and already had over 4.2k elo
    Last edited by Riane; 12-31-2015 at 10:48 AM.

wow you guys are good, total respect.

Default Bonus

Reach 4k elo as solo q'd, no pocket heals.

If only Elo had any use other than breaking matchmaking I'll be more inclined to.
    Azteck@Deepwod
    <Orden del Temple>

Sword of Telara

If you're going to solo queue it, you'd probably have more success doing so as a healer anyways. I always seem to do significantly better as heals, and it stands to reason as the chance of getting good healer(s) from the matchmaker alone is less than getting good DPS.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

I have yet to see a single screenshot =o

Sincerely, Exxy

Does conquest elo count?
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Plane Walker

176 ELO, 3824 left to go.
    #endthedoublestandards

Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    I have yet to see a single screenshot =o

Sincerely, Exxy
    You didn't even post your own screenshot, hellooo?

Lvl 60: http://i.imgur.com/DclmSzx.jpg
    Lvl 60: http://i.imgur.com/9ZLTIQe.jpg

Rather have a top 40 (2 I guess because troll account) ranked Blanka for NA (US, Canada, Mexico) on PSN than have the highest ELO WW in Rift.

Just sayin' m8s.

I don't know others. ELO just...doesn't mean squat to me in this game as far as a showcase of how good a player is. Line me up against a 3 match fight with a A+ ranked player over 20k. Things are actually pretty scary. Pride, almost beat the #1 ranked zangief . Third round each a hit to go. He guessed better.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-31-2015 at 07:01 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

elo in rift is dumb anyway dakkota cos they haven't reset it so it's just inflated from when pvp was entirely different (esp gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    You didn't even post your own screenshot, hellooo?

Lvl 60: http://i.imgur.com/DclmSzx.jpg
    Lvl 60: http://i.imgur.com/9ZLTIQe.jpg
    this is really ridiculous.

i was talking to a friend who came back somewhat recently to the game and her elo was over 4200, i'm guessing carried over from SL. i asked how she was doing in pvp and she said she had lost 10 or 11 warfronts in a row and basically never wanted to pvp again.

it seems pretty unfair that ELO has zero decay and was carried over from so long ago, and i can't see any reason to play my rogue which is over 4000 and in expert gear because the warfronts will be just as bad, if not worse than what i get on my cleric.

some kind of decay/reset needs to be implemented imo.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

My observation was that with regards to matchmaking, a 2400 player was almost indistinguishable from a 4200 player in terms of getting penalized with teams. One theory being that based on player population and rating diversity, everyone hits the soft cap for rating at around 3000. You can go up in rating, theoretically, but your matches will get only marginally worse, i.e., you are still a top 10% player getting matched with those who do not yet possess your talent, experience or in many cases gear. You will have endured the suffering for longer to achieve the higher rating, so it will seem as if the penalty is worse.

As has been pointed out many times, there is no incentive to achieve a high rating. Undergeared alts from SL have it really bad. I wont name him but someone once said, dont worry if your rating is inflated -- that will correct itself. Well, It is not easy to lose 100 games, it is not painless and it is not quick by any definition. I was surprised by the insensitivity of the comment. The time and sheer effort that good PvPrs put into reaching their goals is discounted by many and the rewards are nonexistent. What keeps them going has always been the same. Struggling to get the next win and the momentary euphoria of that moment.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    this is really ridiculous.

i was talking to a friend who came back somewhat recently to the game and her elo was over 4200, i'm guessing carried over from SL. i asked how she was doing in pvp and she said she had lost 10 or 11 warfronts in a row and basically never wanted to pvp again.

it seems pretty unfair that ELO has zero decay and was carried over from so long ago, and i can't see any reason to play my rogue which is over 4000 and in expert gear because the warfronts will be just as bad, if not worse than what i get on my cleric.

some kind of decay/reset needs to be implemented imo.
    This was a major oversight of theirs for not resetting elo based on your characters level. When you ding 65, you should have your elo reset back to 1500 because the pvp from previous levels has no relevance on endgame pvp.

I state this because once you unlock pvp at lvl 10, that Elo starts at 1500 and stays with you until you hit 65. It might be okay to leave elo as-is for 10-50 (which is kind of a stretch but low level pvp is hard enough as it is for queue pops) and then 50-59, then 60-64.

I came into 3.0 with over 4600. I've pretty much plateaued at that amount but it's also because I chose not to pvp as much on that character because of the inflated garbo elo and enjoying other classes.

If they really want to make elo worthwhile and something people legitimately care about (I sure as hell don't), then they should really consider doing "seasons" for Rift that coincide with major updates. So 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, et al would all reset your elo. Then just add in a leaderboard for elo so people can epeen that way.

Diablo 3 does a perfect example of seasons w/ leaderboards, etc. I'm sure other games do as well but this one is the only one offhand I can think of (that I played.)

Current elo for all my active chars:

Cleric: 4600 http://i.imgur.com/iTRNvZp.png
    Primalist: 2270 http://i.imgur.com/BzxQt71.png
    Warrior: 2265 http://i.imgur.com/aO27zL9.png
    Last edited by Riane; 01-01-2016 at 01:35 AM.

not really sure how one could get 4k elo solo qing or without wf dodging.maybe as a healer which could allow a good player to keep his potatoes alive.

i got my elo up to 3555 and 53+ win% soloing qing but over the past few weeks it dropped down almost 100 points and 3.50 win%.this week i got it back up close to 3500 but then i ran some extra wfs for the flavor and the 40 elo i gained was gone.its usually +2 or 3 elo for a win - 3,4 or 5 for a loss,and with the game wanting to keep you at 50 win% a player cant gain enough elo without the game putting you on a fail team.

did you guys see the wf video i posted the other day?well for me i get that about 50% of the time,just straight up un winnable matches.the other 40% would be blow out wins with about 10% of the matches being good evenly stacked teams.cant gain enough elo like that unless as i said players run pm's and yes that includes 2mans,our your a healer "maybe".
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast