+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rgizil
  • 1 Post By somerandomnamee
  • 1 Post By Ballzyboy

Thread: Question for the PVP community

Default Question for the PVP community

So I was shaking the dust off my mage and started doing weeklies again on it, Im in a BG Dom 12 v 12, 1 Duo on our side neither of which is healing, 1 Puri is the only heals, so I’m like whatever Ill go chloro and help the guy out.

Starts we get mid and our point .. farming them in mid ... then we lost track somehow lost the left point, got on different respawn timers and ended up losing like 500 - 350

Generally im like whatever stuff happens, then these guys are mouthing off in chat about your all idiots blah blah, Im like guys relax it was a team fail .. whatever .. win the next one .. then one of them goes all Norman bloody Schwarzkopf in tells ranting about "bad chloro heals" Im like dude - I was the top healer - and had 200k dps ... your kidding right?

He’s like yeah well ofc you were top heals the cleric was a puri ... Im like yeah well i wasn’t top heals on our team I was top heals in the game including their healers. He’s like well their healers sucked.

Finally he ignored me as I just could not let his "stuff" go un answered ... but really the dearth of healing in wf's and sheer lack of understanding of the game / objectives / classes is horribad.

So my question is in that case - if your solo q'd do you guys go with a less than optimal heal spec to help out the cleric or just go dps assume the loss and play for kills?

Edit - had one of the classes that has a ST healer available to them gone heals at seeing only one healer I obviously would have stayed either in Dom or Pyro
    Last edited by Fallse; 12-27-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Plane Walker

I think it's really selfish when there's a premade of solely DPS. It's like they expect other people to heal them while they potato around in a WF and don't complete any objectives to help their team win.

Most likely you got two terribad rogues on your team who have 0 understanding of Chloro healing and don't know how to play BG Domination while they farmed kills at mid.

As for your question, it really depends on how many f*cks you give. You're solo queued and generally have no responsibility to bear the weight of all the other potatoes on your team, unless that is you really want to win and solo heal everything.
    Last edited by Wonski; 12-27-2015 at 03:45 PM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Fallse View Post
    Stuff
    We still have a pvp community?
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Default Ah ... well thats a good point

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    We still have a pvp community?
    An exceedingly small one I suppose lol

I don't know a whole lot about chloro, but I would imagine it's not the greatest spec for that map outside of the initial zerg fest at the start in mid. That being said, I would have still swapped regardless. I enjoy trying to solo heal my team, but when it is clearly something I can't handle (ie can't be everywhere on a dom map), I often wish someone would swap and help me out. It's annoying at times how oblivious players are in warfronts. Like being the only healer on a map that clearly needs more and having no one swap.

I generally play every match to win, plus I enjoy healing, so I probably wouldn't swap to dps even if it was a blowout.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Not many people play chloro well in warfronts, synth swap/stance dance in warfronts while being in range of opposing dps isn't always easy. But because it isn't faceroll in warfronts "if I can't chloro nobody can" mentality kicks in and therefore it is bad, even if the person playing it isn't.
    Allegory@Deepwood
    Nuances@Deepwood R.I.P <Nephilim>

Default I feel you

I'm a warrior and I switch to heals when we have few to no healers at all....which is quite often as of late. Regardless if it's optimal for the map, it's still a bit better than no heals whatsoever but occasionally I end up switching back to DPS when I realize I'm not getting help from my teammates or the situation is flat out hopeless to maybe get a few kills at least.

It is frustrating when other people don't do objectives (which is what wins wfs) and don't know how to play the maps.

Also what a lot of people tend to forget is that they need to take care of their healers as well, they are the ones keeping you alive but alas, the majority of the players today are potatoes...disappointing.

I solo q' all the time too so, you'll get a lot more wins if you are in PM because that's the way to go atm.
    Azteck@Deepwod
    <Orden del Temple>

Quote Originally Posted by Fallse View Post
    An exceedingly small one I suppose lol
    As long as premades are allowed to keep a stranglehold on the population it will get even smaller as time goes by.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    I think it's really selfish when there's a premade of solely DPS. It's like they expect other people to heal them while they potato around in a WF and don't complete any objectives to help their team win.
    Seems like a lot of assumptions.
    Not everyone who doesn't heal is a potato that doesn'T do any objectives.
    And top players should be DPS imho.

Godly DPS'ers and ****ty healers do a lot better than godly healers and ****ty DPS'ers.

And about the 'selfish premade' things...
    He's talking about 2 guys, not like a full 5 man premade...

I sometime queue with a friend and I've had that "OMG you're a premade why aren't you carrying our ***** to victory?" a few times, when we were just 2 players in a 15-20 players team... Come on.

i still play to win regardless of the team i get stuck with. i never bought any of the new souls/classes so when i have to heal, i dust off my 44bard-32tact and raid heal away.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by LSUdogg View Post
    i still play to win regardless of the team i get stuck with. i never bought any of the new souls/classes so when i have to heal, i dust off my 44bard-32tact and raid heal away.
    wait a sec, you didn't buy tact? wait what? xd
    Last edited by Ballzyboy; 12-31-2015 at 07:24 AM.

pardon me. newer* happy now?
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

AE heals and support may be dull but they work for getting wins . If I can stand a chance at winning the match, I go hard for that. I don't play Rift enough to get my weeklies done, used to play daily but 3.0. Being that I always have charges and **** gear, winning is the only way I intend to play. Now, if the team is so hopeless that it's obvious a win is impossible, I go for KvD that lets both sides know I was there.
    Last edited by Bliter; 12-31-2015 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread