Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By butkus
  • 1 Post By butkus
  • 1 Post By ChamberDown
  • 2 Post By Xibitz
  • 1 Post By spaceboots

Thread: a normal wf "video"

Default a normal wf "video"

this video is what a "normal" wf looks like at least for me.wf after wf its just a blow out with a win or a good even matched wf few and far between.in this video you will see me sitting on my *** like the rest of my teammates.i started recording a minute or 2 after the wf started because i knew it was going to be "another great wf".i used the first minute or so of the wf to try and get the team to group and run flags but no luck.if you cant beat them join em!

anyone else experiencing the same things?

https://youtu.be/dlnAaBKC9Ks
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Plane Walker

Most people in WFs follow by example, not through chat. That's why I think there should be more emphasis on the leader of the WF to make calls and direct people toward the best means of completing an objective. At least the people at your flag realize how important the flag is in terms of bringing in points, but more likely than not you just have two rogues who don't realize how effective they can be in helping your team win the match by flipping points and occasionally stealing the flag with a healer to run with them.

More annoying is when both teams sit at their flags, making the map a point-capping snorefest that lass the full 15 minutes.

As much as I have seen it being "abused", this kinda makes me want to see that VK pull + knockback being enabled for matches like these.
    Last edited by Wonski; 12-26-2015 at 10:46 AM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    Most people in WFs follow by example, not through chat. That's why I think there should be more emphasis on the leader of the WF to make calls and direct people toward the best means of completing an objective. At least the people at your flag realize how important the flag is in terms of bringing in points, but more likely than not you just have two rogues who don't realize how effective they can be in helping your team win the match by flipping points and occasionally stealing the flag with a healer to run with them.

More annoying is when both teams sit at their flags, making the map a point-capping snorefest that lass the full 15 minutes.

As much as I have seen it being "abused", this kinda makes me want to see that VK pull + knockback being enabled for matches like these.
    ty for the reply- i agree with you on a leader in wf thing but how could a leader be picked out?even with one some teams will just not listen to a word anyone has to say.did you see the chat in that video?i had a guy that started in on me for saying flag caps = wins/team is sitting around ect.

like i said this is the type of wf i usually get in its either poor match making or the player base is just gone,maybe both? i have lost 100 elo and and -4win% over the last week or so, and most matches are just not competitive.maybe the devs will see this video and take a look at match making or at the very least put in an report- afk system that really works.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    ty for the reply- i agree with you on a leader in wf thing but how could a leader be picked out?even with one some teams will just not listen to a word anyone has to say.did you see the chat in that video?i had a guy that started in on me for saying flag caps = wins/team is sitting around ect.

like i said this is the type of wf i usually get in its either poor match making or the player base is just gone,maybe both? i have lost 100 elo and and -4win% over the last week or so, and most matches are just not competitive.maybe the devs will see this video and take a look at match making or at the very least put in an report- afk system that really works.
    I have noticed lately, that if the other team gets up by a margin relatively quickly, a bunch of teammates stop trying. But there has been an abundance of extremely lopsided matches lately, I would agree there. I've also seen some pretty close ones though too, so not sure.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    this video is what a "normal" wf looks like at least for me.wf after wf its just a blow out with a win or a good even matched wf few and far between.in this video you will see me sitting on my *** like the rest of my teammates.i started recording a minute or 2 after the wf started because i knew it was going to be "another great wf".i used the first minute or so of the wf to try and get the team to group and run flags but no luck.if you cant beat them join em!

anyone else experiencing the same things?

https://youtu.be/dlnAaBKC9Ks
    Excellent video, you had recon vials going, checked the map right when I wanted to see it..( I admit that I tried to look at the map on your video while I watched, and did gear checks on folks as well as showing people on the opposing team when people were added to the wf. Informative.

I will admit that sometimes when I do that map, I'm overzealous about defending that flag. However, if someone says the same thing you did the first time you spoke, and that person is at the flag, I would most likely run for it, even more likely when checking the map like you did, and seeing the same thing. That's especially true if I recognize the name doing the talking from in wf's or on the pvp forums here. That applies to Wonski and
    Butkus here, as I know those names from both.

Overall, I enjoyed watching this video

Quote Originally Posted by Broud View Post
    Excellent video, you had recon vials going, checked the map right when I wanted to see it..( I admit that I tried to look at the map on your video while I watched, and did gear checks on folks as well as showing people on the opposing team when people were added to the wf. Informative.

I will admit that sometimes when I do that map, I'm overzealous about defending that flag. However, if someone says the same thing you did the first time you spoke, and that person is at the flag, I would most likely run for it, even more likely when checking the map like you did, and seeing the same thing. That's especially true if I recognize the name doing the talking from in wf's or on the pvp forums here. That applies to Wonski and
    Butkus here, as I know those names from both.

Overall, I enjoyed watching this video
    yeah using recon vials is a must as is checking the map,just good old habits.i usually dont check peoples gear that often but when a wf is that bad i try to figure out why and looking at gear helps sometimes.

"I will admit that sometimes when I do that map, I'm overzealous about defending that flag"

i have np with people defending the flag and i do it myself sometimes but when its the entire team thats a problem.i did not start off that wf sitting by our bases flag,i ran to and past the "flag/check point cud?" on the left and when i seen my entire team stop and port up to mid i knew it was over.

look at 7:39ish of the video my teams down 700+ to 200 and the entire team runs to mid cap/base.how can a player not know that mid cap/base is pointless and capping flags is the only way to win "at this point".down over 500+ points and they keep on doing what got them to that situation over and over again. thats what makes me say wtf?at what point does aplayer say hey what we are doing is not working.

like i said above the devs really needs to take a look at the afk system.i mean how in the hell did i not get booted from that wf sitting around like i did?granted my team was more or less afk themselves but i was sitting down not attacking anyone.maybe the devs need to copy wow's afk system for bgs i think that would go along way in stopping people getting a free ride.
    Last edited by butkus; 12-27-2015 at 07:04 AM.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Rift Disciple

If you depend on randoms that will join to win the game, you're gonna have a bad time regardless. Your options are to carry, or hope that you can get carried. You are the only common factor in every single one of your warfronts.
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

This video was pretty humorous.
    Lately WF's have been good to me, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I have witnessed more balanced teams in the past week and the outcomes have been very close as well.

I personally try to get people moving pumped in Wf's because I think it does help to have a leader or someone showing an effort, this can be contagious IMO. However it don't always work out but hey I'd rather try than do nothing.

In your case , the team was so bad I would a sat there too...I mean seriously what are people thinking? Your team was pretty much nonexistent.

Wished I taped some "awesome" Codex PvP that I experienced today.

First game 5 healers vs 3 easy win, then I ran into some bad draws of healers and lost 3 games in a row, Last game, 7 healers vs 4 healers, We literally stood still at dex for 5 min, immortal mode locked.
    H / K O X B O X

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

Default Sparkles?

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post

In your case , the team was so bad I would a sat there too...I mean seriously what are people thinking? Your team was pretty much nonexistent.
    Probably Sparkle ***** waiting to get carried/told what to do as they are used to. Any PvPer that has been at it for a bit would know what to do in wfs.

People can't be bothered to learn how maps work, too much effort.
    Last edited by Xibitz; 12-31-2015 at 01:50 PM.
    Azteck@Deepwod
    <Orden del Temple>

Quote Originally Posted by Averwinge View Post
    If you depend on randoms that will join to win the game, you're gonna have a bad time regardless. Your options are to carry, or hope that you can get carried. You are the only common factor in every single one of your warfronts.
    Or trion could to promote a game that encourages playing well.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-31-2015 at 02:17 PM.

Rift Disciple

Among many problems, the larger ones are that there is no gear/stat requirement to entering WFs at 65, and people will still win probably 25-35% of their WFs while contributing absolutely nothing of value to the team, and each one of these wins gives them a 50% chance of getting an item.

As someone who mostly solo queues, I can say that lopsided WF matches are much more of an issue since 3.5, as the team who winds up with significantly more players contributing essentially nothing to the team because they feel forced to PVP for sparkles are going to get steamrolled by even an average pug team, not to mention what will happen against an even remotely well assembled premade. My elo has gone down over 400 points and close to 4% since 3.5 and I am confident there wasn't really anything I could have done to stop it from happening.

Also, antechamber is one of the worst offenders in general for people playing poorly. People think it's like the Codex (which people still don't know how to play properly) and due to the map design it is far too easy for a team to get split up doing unproductive things like turtling spire or base when it doesnt do anything to promote your teams position
    Last edited by onetime; 12-31-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xibitz View Post
    Probably Sparkle ***** waiting to get carried/told what to do as they are used to. Any PvPer that has been at it for a bit would know what to do in wfs.

People can't be bothered to learn how maps work, too much effort.
    yeah i think the sparkle quest has something to do with the way wfs have been.really though like you said they just dont take the time to want to learn how the maps work.its always the same fail thing over and over in every wf,tell them to run the flag but they run to a base.tell them to sit at a base because we only need one to win from this point,then they will leave it open and try to cap a 2rd and wipe.

what really gets me is during a match i will say hey guys if you want to win stop doing this and do that.kind of like what i was saying in the video above,but then the trolls come out and say ****. we play to have fun its a game relax,then i ask them why your in a wf?they usually say to cap raid marks ect, got to win to do that right? =**** butkiss,lol. then you see most in the next wf doing the same fails stuff over and over again until they get a free win.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

i would say your part of the problem. Giving up within the first 2 mins of the match, with only a 50 point diff? lol.

+ Reply to Thread