Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Nephyla
  • 1 Post By Rgizil
  • 1 Post By Gilgad

Thread: dominatorqqfeelsbadman.jpg

Plane Walker

Default dominatorqqfeelsbadman.jpg

Basically a QAQ post about Doms.

I can't see any good reason why MM would be especially concerning over any fresh Dom, in any particular variant of the soul. It does significant AoE damage in one spec or is an absurdly tanky build in another spec. I've tried replicating this to some degree as a Rogue, and really there's no comparison when you have access to that much potent CC early on in the Dom tree.

Experienced Doms won't squirrel incessantly--I appreciate this and they do a lot more to actually help their team out. Still, squirreling becomes a problem when you can spam the ability to the point a player can't actually play the damn game at times, which is something that new Doms tend to do. I find that Bard has a similar ability, but you are generally busy doing other things than spamming VoC at people.

Which comes to the point that Bards can't drain you and make your life miserable, or knock you back however many times they want like Doms. Domtank is somewhat of a dilemma, given that it's so useless to try to DPS it down, though it's generally at the expense of your team members not being able to play for any period of time.

I'm so tired of the soul that I intentionally switch to OP Marksman just to make sure that any Doms go down as quickly as possible. I would like to see what direction this soul is going toward, as it's more of an annoyance than anything else given the tools it provides players who are new to the soul to do.
    Last edited by Wonski; 12-26-2015 at 03:45 AM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Heaven forbid that an ungeared level 65 mage be able to squirrel someone before getting killed in two hits

Basically you're complaining that Dom is working as intended?

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Champion of Telara

Personally I'd rather be squirreled then incessantly stunned and drained of hp
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

Anyone that would underestimate a good Dom has most likely never healed.

If you're a mage and your argument against Dom being a very good tool against healers is "squirrels", I can only assume you really have no idea what your class is capable of.

Plane Walker

Attachment 26928
    /10 char
    Last edited by Nephyla; 12-26-2015 at 08:31 AM.

Wonski is right. Make the immunity to squirrel longer, maybe it'll force people to play the soul the correct way. Squirreling is fun and is definitely a good tool (squirreling enemies chasing your teammate with a stone in whitefall etc.) but like Wonski said, using your other abilities effectively in dom is much better than squirrel spamming anyway. Also 61 dom > tankdom but 61 is "too many buttons" so we get 130k facetanking squirrel spammers.
    Allegory@Deepwood
    Nuances@Deepwood R.I.P <Nephilim>

Plane Walker

Heaven forbid that an ungeared level 65 mage be able to squirrel someone before getting killed in two hits
    Tank dom + healers. You could make the same argument about Marksman, except MM will alway be squishier than when Dom is paired wirh a tanking soul.

Basically you're complaining that Dom is working as intended?
    As is with MM amirite? Let's just keep everything the way it is, and I'll make sure to keep queuing as MM to even things out.

Personally I'd rather be squirreled than incessantly stunned and drained of hp
    Exactly. I don't know why the emphasis seems to be on squirreling, since I actually mention other things about Dom that makes it particularly annoying to go against.

If you're a mage...
    Look at my signature. Squirreling when done repeatedly by new players who don't know what they're doing can be quite an annoyance. I'm assuming that you haven't been target spammed by this ability. I'll try to do it with Bard to make up for any unfelt experiences

Again, it's not about squirreling. Mana Wrench, stuns, knockbacks, etc. coupled with the fact that Mages have a vast selection of souls to hybridize with it makes makes it annoying. Note I never said that it was something like pre-nerfed Reaver, which was something a little more than just an annoyance.

Lastly, :c

Give us Pyro and Dom, and we'll give you MM.
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Give us Dom, Shaman, and Lib and we'll give you MM.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Give us Dom, Shaman, and Lib and we'll give you MM.
    Nerf everything, buff Elementalist.
    \_(ツ)_/

Inquisitor is easy enough.
    SUPERSTORM

I thought I read half a year ago that dom was getting scrapped, did that not happen or something? Was there no profit for Trion?

Rift Disciple

Most annoying class ever. A good Dom makes MM seem useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Riseofseren View Post
    Most annoying class ever. A good Dom makes MM seem useless.
    A good dom wouldn't be on an mm...

+ Reply to Thread