+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nefelia

Thread: Flag Timer for Whitehall Steps

Soulwalker

Default Flag Timer for Whitehall Steps

Hello, I've noticed that people hold the flag for Whitehall Steps.
    This changes the game. I am currently in a game for PVP where the flag has been held for ten minutes and the enemy with the flag is not visible on the map. This defeats the purpose of the game. An eight minute timer for holding where the flag point goes to the other team might help.

Ascendant

Just fix the stone spawns so that they spawn regardless of whether the first stone is held. That way holding on to the stone remains a valid strategy against thieves but does not result in 10+ minute stalemates in front of the stone-holder's spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Just fix the stone spawns so that they spawn regardless of whether the first stone is held. That way holding on to the stone remains a valid strategy against thieves but does not result in 10+ minute stalemates in front of the stone-holder's spawn.
    Or you just readd the Whitefall stone debuff that appears after x amount of time. Movement speed reduced as well as a healing debuff. Gg
    Last edited by Riane; 12-25-2015 at 08:11 AM.

Sword of Telara

That isn't necessarily gg unless you can reach the flag carrier. Considering that they can hold it right at their spawn and your team have to run the length of the map on death... and they could be in a tank spec. Pity, because I liked the idea of unstable lightning killing everyone nearby.

Anything based on carry time could potentially be circumvented by swapping carriers, too.
    Last edited by Foolio; 12-25-2015 at 09:21 AM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    That isn't necessarily gg unless you can reach the flag carrier. Considering that they can hold it right at their spawn and your team have to run the length of the map on death... and they could be in a tank spec. Pity, because I liked the idea of unstable lightning killing everyone nearby.

Anything based on carry time could potentially be circumvented by swapping carriers, too.
    1.) Movement speed is significantly higher than when the debuff existed
    2.) Mount speed is significantly higher than when the debuff existed
    3.) People stone swapped before and it still never was an issue because the debuff wasn't something that took minutes to apply.

The only rampant issue back then for Whitefall was stone running when the stones were never spawned in mid but in the bases.

So yeah, the stone debuff is gg. It will make things a lot easier.

Sword of Telara

Fairy nuff, I was sort of assuming for some reason the debuff took minutes to apply to any reasonable level.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread