+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 92
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Nothing change in 3.5 patch pvp BIS gear t3 pve gear...again mega fail

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    65

    Default Nothing change in 3.5 patch pvp BIS gear t3 pve gear...again mega fail

    Today i get my sparkle reward t3 gear armor.

    Test done:
    Drowned Prophet tunic(84dex 49 ap rune) vs Enigmatic Leather Tunic(73dex 42ap rune)

    Drowned Prophet tunic gief more 110atack power(-11dex 7ap it gonna be around 99more atack power)

    Enigmatic Leather tunic gief all stats psych crit/atack power/crit power.
    On enigmatic more:
    185 psych crit
    172 crit power
    430 hp

    99atack power vs 185psych crit 172crit power and 430hp...

    Again 0 change to pvp.

    Propably you not fixed weapon dmg so bis weapon will be still t3 relict one with 10% more dps then other pvp ppl.

    This patch was last for me since you doing nothing to change pvp.

    Strange noone write it before....so maybe ppl like how pvp gear look now.


    T2 gloves vs T3 gloves in pvp

    T2 gloves more: 74crit power
    T3 gloves more: 176 psych crit , 93 atack power , 190hp

    So we got 74crit power more vs 176psych crit, 93 atack power and 190hp.

    Keep goin trion soon all pvp ppl gonna leave.
    Last edited by Mergrim; 12-25-2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Adding gloves stat

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    888

    Default

    I did the same on my downbolster cleric shoulders from sparkles with the help of a 0/0/0 spec. I'm assuming rune and dream orb stats just get carried across, I should've tested before doing anything with it really. In fact I'm sure dream orb stats get changed slightly - the previous tier's downbolster shoulders had 80 AP/SP... My dream orb stats are 170/72.

    Wisdom +280
    Intelligence +215
    Endurance +245
    Spell Power +80
    Spell Crit +204
    Crit Power +151

    Again, it's significantly better than the warmonger's equivalents:

    Wisdom +270
    Intelligence +146
    Endurance +215
    And then one of:
    Spell Power +246
    Crit Power +411
    Spell Crit ~+533 (guessing with maths)

    When I feel more lively, I guess it's time to evaluate this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    I haven't looked at the numbers recently, so I can't say what the exact differential is and whether downbolstered gear is a point or two better than the top available options that won't be downbolstered. It's possible it's a couple points better here and there, or a couple points worse. In any real practical or noticable manner however it's equivalent. No one is winning warfronts because they have gear obtained through raiding vs. equivalent gear obtained from doing PvP.
    Last edited by Foolio; 12-25-2015 at 08:56 AM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

  3. #3
    Champion Fallse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    526

    Default So

    Can one of the math guys among us do the math on a full set and the wep?

    Napkin math im thinking 10% more AP / HP ?
    Last edited by Fallse; 12-25-2015 at 11:46 AM.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Sekirach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    we all said it will be like that.

    only thing we can do is to pretend.

    so lets pretend that 10% difference is not important in pvp. and that weapons work just fine.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander kowey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Downbolstering is a fairytale we've been lead to believe in. Not only have downbolstered items never been worse than or equal to current PvP gear nor will they ever be. All AP/ SP that is taken from players in a pathetic attempt to equalise a main stat, in fact, won't disappear anywhere it's just reforged into Phys/ Spell crit. The only disadvantage of downbolstering is we'll never know how much CP we lose or recieve.

    And as Sekirach has said
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    only thing we can do is to pretend
    to pretend that everything works just fine

  6. #6
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    same **** different day!we all know raid gear is bis for any and all pvp and thats why the raiders defend the gear change so much.

    pvp gear is always a tier behind raid gear that alone should tell everyone all they need to know.

    ask yourself whats better dreambraker gear or ephemeral?ones a full tier better then the other right so dreambraker wins out,just like T3 is better then warmonger.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Meduza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Please, Ignore this post, PvE Faptards.

    Your performance in warfronts as of late, is nothing but a miraculous development in your playing ability.

    Meduza@Deepwood - [YouTube]

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Come on trion !
    Fix this!?!

    I dont really think raiders will care, but pvpers will be a damn sight happier!

    Is this really as the game is intended to be?
    You are sh!tting on us and our pvp.

  9. #9
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    i don't need t3/t2 relic gear to be bis in pvp but it really should not be worse like some seem to think. having two completely gear sets isn't a thing that we should have to deal with at this point, but it kinda already is. i pvp, but my marks are spent upgrading my dropped t3 dropped gear twice with two relic amenders, and to have to spend double to upgrade a pvp set too because the piece of gear i just spent 1.5k plat upgrading is worse in pvp would be pretty annoying. my very first piece of t3 gear even cost me a total of 2.5k plat to upgrade, rune, and put an orb on.

    i'm sure you guys think it's great that t3 gear has a bit more crit and hp and whatever else, but i'm sure by the time i get my pvp weapons i'll have at least 7-8 pieces of gear that are different from raid gear if it means not way over the crit power cap. a lot of the stats from downbolstered gear is simply wasted at this point.

    how many "raiders" are actually both pvping for favor for pvp weapons and are reconfiguring their gear in cq with pvp dropped accessories to stay under the crit power cap in pvp? 3? 5? i don't actually know anyone who bothers besides myself and i think two other people in coriolis. maybe a few people in trinity?

    http://i.imgur.com/0FPayfB.jpg

    this is what my pvp set actually looks like now. store bought t2 main hand, dropped t2 totem from sicaron, downbolstered earrings, one downbolsteres ring, downbolstered wand, 5 pieces of t3 armor, and the warmonger spell power cape. the ring is from pvp, so two pvp pieces already. (edit: 3 pvp essences too)

    i'm already at 3160 crit power in a warfront with this gear and over the cap with my other t2 relic/downbolstered ring. the other two pieces of t3 armor i need (boots, chest) will put me way over the cap, which will mean replacing more accessories--more plat i have to spend. every single new piece of "bis" t3 gear i get will mean having to swap out another "bis" t3 piece for a pvp dropped piece to stay under the crit power soft cap. see where i'm going with this?

    powerstones/whetstones are still broken. dismounting means losing your powerstone buff, so t2 relics are definitely not bis in pvp.

    tl;dr stop whining about gear.
    Last edited by ecru; 12-26-2015 at 05:48 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  10. #10
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i don't need t3/t2 relic gear to be bis in pvp but it really should not be worse like some seem to think. having two completely gear sets isn't a thing that we should have to deal with at this point, but it kinda already is. i pvp, but my marks are spent upgrading my dropped t3 dropped gear twice with two relic amenders, and to have to spend double to upgrade a pvp set too because the piece of gear i just spent 1.5k plat upgrading is worse in pvp would be pretty annoying. my very first piece of t3 gear even cost me a total of 2.5k plat to upgrade, rune, and put an orb on.

    i'm sure you guys think it's great that t3 gear has a bit more crit and hp and whatever else, but i'm sure by the time i get my pvp weapons i'll have at least 7-8 pieces of gear that are different from raid gear if it means not way over the crit power cap. a lot of the stats from downbolstered gear is simply wasted at this point.

    how many "raiders" are actually both pvping for favor for pvp weapons and are reconfiguring their gear in cq with pvp dropped accessories to stay under the crit power cap in pvp? 3? 5? i don't actually know anyone who bothers besides myself and i think two other people in coriolis. maybe a few people in trinity?

    http://i.imgur.com/0FPayfB.jpg

    this is what my pvp set actually looks like now. store bought t2 main hand, dropped t2 totem from sicaron, downbolstered earrings, one downbolsteres ring, downbolstered wand, 5 pieces of t3 armor, and the warmonger spell power cape. the ring is from pvp, so two pvp pieces already. (edit: 3 pvp essences too)

    i'm already at 3160 crit power in a warfront with this gear and over the cap with my other t2 relic/downbolstered ring. the other two pieces of t3 armor i need (boots, chest) will put me way over the cap, which will mean replacing more accessories--more plat i have to spend. every single new piece of "bis" t3 gear i get will mean having to swap out another "bis" t3 piece for a pvp dropped piece to stay under the crit power soft cap. see where i'm going with this?

    powerstones/whetstones are still broken. dismounting means losing your powerstone buff, so t2 relics are definitely not bis in pvp.

    tl;dr stop whining about gear.
    tl;dr Even though T3 is BiS, we should stop complaining, accept it, and hear about the struggles of T3 raiders instead?

    Not being rude, just saying...
    Last edited by Rgizil; 12-26-2015 at 06:12 PM.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

  11. #11
    Champion LSUdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    tl;dr Even though T3 is BiS, we should stop complaining, accept it, and hear about the struggles of T3 raiders instead?

    Not being rude, just saying...
    heaven forbid, if you do, don't go comment on it in their sections. keep it in the pvp section!
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

  12. #12
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    tl;dr Even though T3 is BiS, we should stop complaining, accept it, and hear about the struggles of T3 raiders instead?

    Not being rude, just saying...
    no that wasn't the point. you can get t3 gear from the store just like anyone else because you get t3 marks from doing things, it's just a slower process. i think i have the most t3 pieces out of anyone in my guild besides bubbles (or any single player on the north american shards), who rarely pvp's, but maybe a few people in trinity have an equal amount. (super late edit; lotus is apparently geared as **** lol)

    with pvp weapons, pvp capes/accessories for set bonus, and pvp lessers being bis for pvp, you don't have a disadvantage because with 7 pieces of armor you're already going to have roughly 2000 crit power on gear. add in 3-4 frenetic crit power essences (which most raiders and pvpers are using because the weights are so high) and you're already at 2750-3000, leaving you with two earring slots, a neck slot, a trinket slot, and two ring slots to stack only spell power on. the only way to actually do this is with pvp accessories because downbolstered accessories all have crit power on them.

    the only other solution is to have a completely different sigil for pvp with mostly all frenetic spell power essences along with your downbolstered gear, which i'm not going to bother with and no one else is either. if you have 6 extra essences to slot an entirely new sigil when you have a full set of downbolstered gear alongside a pvp cape/neck/3 pvp weapons, feel free, but literally no one is going to do this so it doesn't matter. my sigil is configured for my raid set because you cannot just choose the stats of t3 accessories/t2 relic accessories and i'm forced to work around it, as is everyone else.

    the only way for a raider to use a full set of t3/t2 relic downbolstered gear besides a pvp neck, cape, and pvp weapons (all bis) is to have a completely separate sigil full of frenetic spell power essences and even then they might be over the crit power soft cap with a feast. i don't even have these essences. i keep literally every piece of bis pvp gear i get, i have 3 bags full of it in my bank, and i do not have all of the essences with different resists to slot into an entirely new sigil.

    the difference at that point will be so slight (7 downbolstered pieces for a pvper and 12 for a raider) that it really won't matter at all. you're not going to lose in pvp because someone has 2000 more hp and a 3% higher chance to crit.

    edit; for real get over yourselves

    http://i.imgur.com/RsugQWO.jpg

    i still don't have the pieces to do what i posted about above. no one else does either.
    Last edited by ecru; 12-28-2015 at 09:00 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  13. #13
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    silly goyim, archonix always wins.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser Avind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    342

    Default

    scabs will be scabs


    Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

  15. #15
    Champion Fallse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    526

    Default CRAZY TALK

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I did the same on my downbolster cleric shoulders from sparkles with the help of a 0/0/0 spec. I'm assuming rune and dream orb stats just get carried across, I should've tested before doing anything with it really. In fact I'm sure dream orb stats get changed slightly - the previous tier's downbolster shoulders had 80 AP/SP... My dream orb stats are 170/72.

    Wisdom +280
    Intelligence +215
    Endurance +245
    Spell Power +80
    Spell Crit +204
    Crit Power +151

    Again, it's significantly better than the warmonger's equivalents:

    Wisdom +270
    Intelligence +146
    Endurance +215
    And then one of:
    Spell Power +246
    Crit Power +411
    Spell Crit ~+533 (guessing with maths)

    When I feel more lively, I guess it's time to evaluate this:
    Its ~ 10% clearly nothing to fret over ... we should be happy that we have a means of getting any gear at all ... clearly only other portions of the community should have access to BIS PVP gear in a REASONABLE time frame.

    But its all good ... just be happy to have those with said gear over perform in PVP then tell us how "Awesome!" they are.

    Personally I canít wait I am sure a few expressions of "Awesomeness" and "Deserving" and "Hard Work" will come later in this thread.

    Clearly the ~10% delta in stats is irrelevant and this is all much ado about nothing. A PM or Duo running a 10% positive delta in every area across the board has no advantage ... pfft thatís crazy talk.

    Its so insignificant .... I wonder why it isnít fixed ... idk like if a piece of gear is "down bolstered" it just gets the stats from the Warmongers piece in that slot ..... eh more crazy talk.

    Maybe next update ... PVP gear will have a positive 10% delta for PVE you think? I mean its insignificant right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts