+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Horgrym
  • 1 Post By Kartia
  • 2 Post By Xclvsive

Thread: Trion i have a solution for matchmaking.

Plane Walker

Default Trion i have a solution for matchmaking.

Gearscore.
    Keep a gearscore as the teams are assembled.
    Blue has 800 v red at 850, the next pair of players have accepted the wf, put the higher GS player on team blue. Etc.

Wont be perfect but at least the wf will be striving for balance on the most important measurable metric(elo attempted to measure skill and balance accordingly but i think we can all agree this hasnt worked).

Duo queue and premade will perhaps have to be casualities of this idea initially..

Im a software engineer, thats how i would do it anyway..
    I just thought of this idea as i sit here having a crap! I know right

Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    Gearscore.
    Blue has 800 v red at 850, the next pair of players have accepted the wf, put the higher GS player on team blue. Etc.

Wont be perfect but at least the wf will be striving for balance on the most important measurable metric(elo attempted to measure skill and balance accordingly but i think we can all agree this hasnt worked).

Duo queue and premade will perhaps have to be casualities of this idea initially..

It is easily exploitable. They queue naked and put on gear after port in.
    for example 5 queue naked that means zero gear point for them, so they got low geared players opposite. Then suddenly they put back all gear and roflstopm them.

If devs could prevent gear change after port in, but this would prevent changing souls too.

Plane Walker

I expect the highest wearable gear for each slot, in your bag or on your char could be used to get your max rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post
    It is easily exploitable. They queue naked and put on gear after port in.
    for example 5 queue naked that means zero gear point for them, so they got low geared players opposite. Then suddenly they put back all gear and roflstopm them.

If devs could prevent gear change after port in, but this would prevent changing souls too.
    gear score can be rated by what you own, not just what you are wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

This wouldn't work. There are so many people that have bought their t2 gear or casually grinded weeklies to earn it. Their gear score will be high even if they aren't a good player. So are they are expected to play at the level of other people with that gear? Or expected to carry the entire team because of gear score?
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 12-23-2015 at 07:33 AM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Gearscore.

not sure how this would work with max pvp gear always being 2nd rate and raid gear being bis.

i really dont think match making is the problem but rather the lack of player base "pvpers".i see decked out pvers in wfs all the time half assing it and playing like ****,why?because they dont want to pvp. they just want to cap marks then go raid,they dont want to win or take pride in pvping.so the devs stick the high elo players with low elo players to carry them though wfs and theres not enough players to balanced it out.

i have found the best way to piss of players in wfs is by simply standing around afk like they do.if a teams that bad and will not "play right" dont get them a free win,dont get them free flavor and marks. l2p or your not going to win,pretty sad it has come to that but uch as life solo qing.
    Last edited by butkus; 12-23-2015 at 07:30 AM.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    This wouldn't work. There are so many people that have bought their t2 gear or casually grinded week lies to earn it. Their gear score will be high even if they aren't a good player. That means they are expected to play at the level of other people with that gear? Or expected to carry the entire team because of gear score?
    this 100%!
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Can't do much with lost or win rate, but best way to deal with over gear players vs under gear players is make the booster system better make it as close they can get booster up. The booster system they have it does not work to keep things leveled.

Plane Walker

This wouldn't work. There are so many people that have bought their t2 gear or casually grinded weeklies to earn it. Their gear score will be high even if they aren't a good player. So are they are expected to play at the level of other people with that gear? Or expected to carry the entire team because of gear score?
    But you cant measure skill. Im pretty sure elo was an attempt at balancing around a players performance and it hasnt worked.

What prompted me to suggest balancing around gear is i see a team with a couple of 80k+ hp and the rest 60-72ish against a team of high 70s and 80s and almost without fail the higher hp(ofc there are exceptions but generally low geared players are easy to spot due to low hp) team wins easily.
    Its this imbalance that i think can be improved.

All the other flaws mentioned which i agree are totally valid - like player attitude and high gear but clueless pvers are problems i think we are stuck with sadly.
    Of course making the gear gap much smaller would help a lot but it seems to be getting bigger instead.

How does wow do it? Is it any better?
    Last time i played wow bg pvp it seemed better balanced although not perfect.

But you cant measure skill. Im pretty sure elo was an attempt at balancing around a players performance and it hasnt worked.

What prompted me to suggest balancing around gear is i see a team with a couple of 80k+ hp and the rest 60-72ish against a team of high 70s and 80s and almost without fail the higher hp(ofc there are exceptions but generally low geared players are easy to spot due to low hp) team wins easily.
    Its this imbalance that i think can be improved.

All the other flaws mentioned which i agree are totally valid - like player attitude and high gear but clueless pvers are problems i think we are stuck with sadly.
    Of course making the gear gap much smaller would help a lot but it seems to be getting bigger instead.

How does wow do it? Is it any better?
    Last time i played wow bg pvp it seemed better balanced although not perfect.
    Nah, random PvP matchmaking is pretty much like it is - everywhere.

The difference is that - elsewhere - nobody cares about random WFs as it is premade vs premade. Only there you get rated and get the good stuff like high end gear and mounts.

Rift tried to establish premade vs premade on Black Garden back in SL. I remember waiting hours in the queue that never popped.

So are they are expected to play at the level of other people with that gear? Or expected to carry the entire team because of gear score?
    Yes.

/10chars
    "Why, that was a marvelous suggestion that will transform life in Telara. We will get right to implementing that. Now that you pointed it out, it's pretty obvious. Don't we look stupid!"

Gearscore.

Gearscore is really a bad idea. the skillplay still more important

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    best way to deal with over gear players vs under gear players is make the booster system better make it as close they can get booster up. The booster system they have it does not work to keep things leveled.
    this, so f'n much this.

the teams are uneven cause you get 1 guy that can out heal and aoe 2 attackers indefinitely at a capture point till dps gets there or can 1-3 shot your healers.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

+ Reply to Thread