+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tirza

Thread: Bronze tomb, #561779. DEVS PLS.

Ascendant

Angry Bronze tomb, #561779. DEVS PLS.

Part of a post in another thread, more on topic in its own thread.

If you mistakenly release broken content, sure, it happens.
    REMOVE IT AND FIX IT. Don't let people endure that freaking torture while you work on a fix.

Most players hate this map even when it's working ( for a lot of reasons, including : it's too long, too easy to defend last, unbalanced when team number changes after a round, wayyyyyy too many ties )... But sometime it doesn't even work. Sometime you don't even have an hated map. You have a BROKEN hated map.
    A bug prevents people from capping any relic at all sometime.

Be professional, seriously. The map is broken, disable it until it works.
    Most players will still hate it because of all other reasons, but at least it'll work.

What kind of business let broken content run... Companies recall stuff constantly when it's broken, even if it's a huge pain in the *** and an horrible financial loss.

But a map?
    If you've done your **** right, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to disable a map from the rotation.

It's the 2nd time this week I've lost/tied a map when I should've won.
    We crushed their defense on point 1, but it bugged, we couldn't cap anything in offense.

So our reward for completely shutting down an offensive team was to screw around for 10 minutes just so we could score a tie, unable to cap anything.

If you ( Trion ) ever PVP, you would know how horribly frustrating that is. Not only we're robbed of a win, of favors, of gear... we have to stand 10 minutes in that crap of a map while its rubbing it in our faces.

Lots of people hate this map and would like to see it gone, and I'm not going that far, just...
    DISABLE IT. Until it's fixed.

Bad content is a thing. Some people like, some don't. Just happens that most seems not to like this one.
    Bad content that doesn't work, yet remains on? Now that's a whole different thing. This is not acceptable.

And you've released other stuff since this is bugged... so it's obviously not a top priority. How long do we have to suffer that?

Just remove it from the rotation, and then people won't care if it takes you 6 months to fix it, or even 6 years.

But while it's on the rotation, every day that goes on with this map still broken, is a slap in the face of PVP'ers.

This map really gliched out today in a whole new way. Myself and about half the raid got stuck in a loading loop. Task manager and reloaded the game fixed it, but that was new. Was playing defense in the second part of the match when out of nowhere this lady calls out our defense failed when there wasn't anyone near the last defensive point. just buggy
    Last edited by Croix01; 12-21-2015 at 03:33 PM.
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    It's the 2nd time this week I've lost/tied a map when I should've won.
    We crushed their defense on point 1, but it bugged, we couldn't cap anything in offense.
    just out of curiosity, what room were you in when you were on offence? first? middle? last?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Master

You must look at Tomb as an opportunity to get things done. All you must do is leave the moment you see what crock of crap you have been dropped into and hit the desert button.

It is honorable to leave, as it show your intellectual prowess in leaving Hell behind.

Use the time wisely. I can tag two unstable and a ZE and earn 3 sparkles in the 15 mins I'm blissfully not in Tomb.

Rift Disciple

Just received AUTOMATED responses to the bug reports I sent.
    Basically just saying they need more information to fix it... REALLY>???

look at it this way.... this wf isnt good for getting a quick win, q black garden for that.

this wf is good for getting kills.

What amazes me is how many just kind of walk around to look at the sites while I burn em down. Maybe its because its a new map or something, but its like a lot of ppl are in a zombie state in here for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Croix01 View Post
    What amazes me is how many just kind of walk around to look at the sites while I burn em down. Maybe its because its a new map or something, but its like a lot of ppl are in a zombie state in here for sure.
    I believe they want the fastest in and out as they can get win or loss, it's that bad of a map.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    just out of curiosity, what room were you in when you were on offence? first? middle? last?
    I just reread my post and I've make a mistake, that might have been confusing.

I meant to say that we crushed their offense on point 1.
    We stopped them from capping anything - on timer - but they capped after the timer went off I think, and when the round stopped, we spawned on our second spawn/middle room, but neither relics ( middle ones or the 1st ones ) could be capped. 4 relics were "up" on the map but can't cap either of them.

Seems to always happen this way, at least to me ( twice this week but had it once or twice more in the early days of the map too ).
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 12-23-2015 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    I believe they want the fastest in and out as they can get win or loss, it's that bad of a map.
    I was thinking that too. Just respawn closer to the next objective, then I thought about the rez timer too, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Croix01 View Post
    This map really gliched out today in a whole new way. Myself and about half the raid got stuck in a loading loop. Task manager and reloaded the game fixed it, but that was new. Was playing defense in the second part of the match when out of nowhere this lady calls out our defense failed when there wasn't anyone near the last defensive point. just buggy
    You mean like this? https://youtu.be/onrwKc0J7yI

I'm usually pretty patient when it comes to stuff like this because I work in IT, and understand that development and maintenance are a pretty daunting task, but this is constantly happening. Could we get a disable to stop wasting our time and locking us out of warfronts for 15m due to leaving befor a seizure ensues?
    Last edited by ChamberDown; 12-24-2015 at 01:58 PM.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

^^^^^ Exactly like that. And also the faction bug with half the raid red w/ some green. I'm guessing defiant/guardian thing here. Yeah, this map should be taken down & reworked just a little bit.

+ Reply to Thread