+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How is this fair?

Default How is this fair?

http://i.imgur.com/rfED1UH.jpg

Enter game, no healers. I swap to heals and managed to keep everyone up for a minute before we wipe (thanks to the other team focusing me down). Instead of someone swapping to heals or fixing our team comp people just give up. (Other healer showed up at 350 points.)

How is this fair to other players like myself? People giving up and utterly throwing a game utterly ruins the game for me. It's an utter waste of my time and I get absolutely nothing out of it. There are no rewards in PvP outside of winning, if you're on the losing team regardless of how well you do your time is absolutely wasted and with these matches being so common it's such bull****.

Also the two dead players in group 2 showed up to a loss, this should have been fixed by now.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 12-20-2015 at 06:08 AM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

This is rift pvp though.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post

There are no rewards in PvP outside of winning
    Favor feels sad you forgot about it

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

Quote Originally Posted by Avind View Post
    Favor feels sad you forgot about it
    Weapons only and you don't get a lot for losses.

Rift Disciple

The last couple weeks matchmaking feels particular bad. I hardly recall any close match. I had to loose a few games before I can see some winning ones. Last Sunday and Monday I lost more than 100 elo. After playing those wf I didn't get any enjoyment, got really mad, and cursed a lot. This in my opinion will be the reason one day I uninstall this pox.

From those matches the only thing that came to my mind if playing solo is to not to queue at late hours. That's when usually some strong pms farm favor, while I get brain dead team mates. also it's my theory because there are few ppl playing during those hours, if your elo is higher than the average the system causes your elo to look more like the others. And yeah it sucks when you lose you gain like 1/4 to 1/2 of the favor of those on the winning team. Even though you try really hard and know you were contributing positively to your team. Really disappointing thought there will be more work put into matchmaking when they said they had changes coming in 3.5. Turned out mostly just higher tier favor gear and ptw weapons.

http://i.imgur.com/rfED1UH.jpg

Enter game, no healers. I swap to heals and managed to keep everyone up for a minute before we wipe (thanks to the other team focusing me down). Instead of someone swapping to heals or fixing our team comp people just give up. (Other healer showed up at 350 points.)

How is this fair to other players like myself? People giving up and utterly throwing a game utterly ruins the game for me. It's an utter waste of my time and I get absolutely nothing out of it. There are no rewards in PvP outside of winning, if you're on the losing team regardless of how well you do your time is absolutely wasted and with these matches being so common it's such bull****.

Also the two dead players in group 2 showed up to a loss, this should have been fixed by now.
    you seem to be implying that players should be rewarded for (non-)participation.
    this wont fix the problem.
    if anything, it will make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    you seem to be implying that players should be rewarded for (non-)participation.
    this wont fix the problem.
    if anything, it will make it worse.
    Not really implied if you've read my older posts. If you're going to lose you should at least get rewards based on damage done/heal/taken/killing blows/objective interaction ect.

Individual rewards based on individual performance relative to your team/time playing etc
    Last edited by Narielia; 12-20-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Plane Walker

How is this fair?-untitled.jpg

never give up!!!11one11!!
    Last edited by Wonski; 12-20-2015 at 01:38 PM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Default Just assume

That any wf you enter with out at least a duo is going to be a total disaster; w/not enough heals; and people playing wholly wrong specs.

You will either be correct or pleasantly surprised the 1 in 10 times that .rng actually gives you a raid where 1/2 - 3/4 of hte people on your team are competent.

Hence why I rarely solo q or if I do its just to farm some favor while I watch football you can usually tell by the time your team loads in what sort of match it will be.

General of Telara

PvP in Rift is team play, not solo play, and there can't be 2 winners, so someone must be on loosing side, it sucks, when it's you, it's sucks more, when you loose cause of others people in your team, but solution only 1 - bring your team, and you get your reward a.k.a favor, better performance - more favor. You would say favor is useless, but then what is good reward? chest for winning? I won't argue ELO argument that is trown in forum quite often lately, well, more like loosing it for bad matchmakings, but then again, other team is working together, yours not, cause your team decided go each for themselves, so maybe other team simply deserved win and ELO more than yours team and you?

Soulwalker

i've ran into this several times today where people quit early in a match because they're not on the upside of a blowout. after putting up with all their whining and crying, i finally blurt out, "leave then." the response each time? "why should i? i need the free kills/favor." i can't wait for the day i can choke someone thru the monitor...

> 1 player = every player on every team needs to be on the same page. This doesn't mean both teams need to be in voice chat. But they both have to be fairly close in skill, capability, and desire to win/work as a team to make the match a decent round.

< 1 player = rock your style till the end and never worry about other people screwing your game up. Why I always liked 1 v 1 scenarios, or 2 v 2 where the 2's know each other well enough to nearly act as one unit.

That's really what it comes down to with online games, most any of them. This is why after like 7 years of MMOs - while I found phenomenal top of the game teams, I also dealt with lots of scenarios with extremely poor teams where it didn't matter how much amazing I could pull out my sleeve. Why I am sort of content going back to more heavily 1 v 1 focused games. Only myself to blame, and any winning is because of me. The most amazing player can get shafted in Rift and lose 20 times in a row if stars align. Unless I knowingly picked out people far far above my skill caliber, I would never ever lose 20 games in a row. I never have actually. The luxury of not relying on a team. It's rare one person can screw up as much as a slew of bad teams.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Not really implied if you've read my older posts. If you're going to lose you should at least get rewards based on damage done/heal/taken/killing blows/objective interaction ect.
    actually, I stopped reading most of your posts a while ago.
    too long in this day and age of ADHD twits and tweets.

but I generally don't support any idea that might encourage players to not play to win.
    after all, why would "I" make any effort to win when I can sit back and spam fluff aoe for chart topping rewards but not actually achieving anything, and let the queue system give me my one free win every ten losses?

I favour the stick over the carrot when it comes to discouraging players from quitting. far less likely to result in worse pvp than we already have.

personally, I'd like to see such players permanently removed from any queue I might be in, preferably by a battlefield execution for showing cowardice in the face of the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Sword of Telara

It would be nice if they fixed the join-to-lose issue and just generally reduced the rate at which people can join. It sucks so much when a warfront has 5+ people join all together and suddenly the outcome swings completely.

If they did fix the join-to-lose problem, then maybe the reverse might happen a similar amount. Then again, that wasn't exactly very fun without any difficulty at all.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast