+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Major Flaw for Assault on Bronze Tomb

Plane Walker

Default Major Flaw for Assault on Bronze Tomb

Apart from the many bugs that people have been posting on the new warfront, my biggest complaint about this map is how disadvantageous it is to be a Defender first when queuing in.

Though the time before the match starts is usually ample, given around 1-2 minutes, all the people who queued for a warfront aren't put in at the very beginning. There are usually 5-10 people, give or take. This makes defending two stones at a time very difficult as it now depends on each individual player to carry their own weight when preventing the Attacking team from destroying each idol. I don't necessarily see this as a problem, as it requires people to actually PvP.

However, it's only after the first two rooms are cleared that more people begin to file in, bringing the total number of players on each team to 15-20 respectively. While the last and only stone makes it easy to defend at that point, it is when the Attacking and Defending teams are switched that makes it incredibly more difficult for the previously Defending team to capture the other team's idols, given that more respawns can be rotated accordingly to whatever side of the room needs help, in addition to the fact that healing and DPS can be adjusted to adapt to the other team's strengths and weaknesses. Thus, the team that is Defending first usually loses 1-2 or even 0-3, whereas the following team that Defends enjoys a 2-1 or 3-1 win.

I hope this issue can be addressed somehow, and I have seen matches turn out like this more than just on occasion. It's a fun map, and I can definitely see people utilizing their souls more appropriately to push people into traps and whatnot in the future. It's just that with the current bugs and most players' attitudes towards the map, I can't really find any enjoyment from doing this WF anymore in a random queue.
    Last edited by Wonski; 12-19-2015 at 06:10 PM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

limiting the warfront to a maximum of 10 players, increasing the time between teams switching between attacking and defending (what is it, 20 seconds now?), and not letting the warfront show up in the queue until 20 players are ready to join in might make bronze tomb more tolerable.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    limiting the warfront to a maximum of 10 players, increasing the time between teams switching between attacking and defending (what is it, 20 seconds now?), and not letting the warfront show up in the queue until 20 players are ready to join in might make bronze tomb more tolerable.
    Is removing it until they can fix all the bugs an option?
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Fix bronze tomb by deleting abort scion.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Is removing it until they can fix all the bugs an option?
    obviously not because trion is perfect and never makes mistakes.

assault modes are maps that worked well in first person shooters where there were no healers and no tanks. they have no place in a mmorpg where teams can stack tanks and heals to "win" through attrition.

it was a bad idea, i think it's time to come to terms with it and just remove it from the random queue until it can be reworked into a different game mode that doesn't make everyone never want to hit the random queue button. in fact the only reason i even random is for charges, even with the sparkle quest this warfront is so terrible and shows up in the random queue so often that i pvp without getting sparkles for my wins by specific queueing to avoid it.
    Last edited by ecru; 12-20-2015 at 02:20 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

obviously not because trion is perfect and never makes mistakes.

assault modes are maps that worked well in first person shooters where there were no healers and no tanks. they have no place in a mmorpg where teams can stack tanks and heals to "win" through attrition.

it was a bad idea, i think it's time to come to terms with it and just remove it from the random queue until it can be reworked into a different game mode that doesn't make everyone never want to hit the random queue button. in fact the only reason i even random is for charges, even with the sparkle quest this warfront is so terrible and shows up in the random queue so often that i pvp without getting sparkles for my wins by specific queueing to avoid it.
    it worked well in SWToR where there are healers and significantly more meaningful tanks (void star map).

I tend to agree with the OP that the first round attacking team can have a significant advantage over the first round defending team.
    not starting the map until their are enough players for at least two teams of ten and not filling the map with more players once its started could resolve the OPs particular problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Telaran

Trolling on: Assault on Bronze Tomb is great now, no more draw, since when you destroy second crystal it's not count.

Trolling off. They totaly ignore what ppl say, this crap wf should be removed after 1week when they add it.

I joined into a Bronze Tomb yesterday, and it just continually respawned me at the portal probably around 40 times, once every 1-2 seconds, regardless if I was moving or not. Then it finally stopped, and the match started. I took video of a lot of it, if a developer is interested to see.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

http://i.imgur.com/QkxvGrr.jpg

this is what pvp has turned into

great job guys.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

"new gear" "better pvp"

rip
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Plane Walker

http://i.imgur.com/QkxvGrr.jpg

this is what pvp has turned into

great job guys.
    lol are there 8 healers on that team?
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Ascendant

it was a bad idea
    I think it was a good idea, but poorly executed.
    -Too many players on the teams. Crossheal is bad even in 15 players teams on 'zerg' maps... 20 players? That make last point very hard to cap, unless the teams are seriously unbalanced.
    So I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to give defending team 2 cannons as well.
    If both teams are balanced, the last point is never capped unless defense goes derp-mode, even without the cannons.
    It's too long to cap and spawns are too close. You can literally just run to the point, do a couple AoE's, die, rince&repeat. If everyone does that mindless strat, it's almost enough to defend. Shows you how stupid that is.

-No timed wins
    If you import a mode from FPS games, why not also import the mechanics? No one likes ties. It doesn't give you gear, it doesn't give you a good feeling about winning, and for the score ******, it lower your "win %" and your ELO. Timed wins are what make ties impossible. If both teams end up with same amount of captures, fasted 3rd cap wins, or fastest 2nd, fastest 1st. The only tie would be when no team caps anything, but even then you could just give it to the team with most kills in that scenario.
    I mean surely you can look at statistics, surely you record them right? You don't see anything wrong with this map tie % ?
    Karthan Ridge ties like 10% of the time maybe, and it's still annoying. Bronze Tomb is like 5x more.
    -Bugged, everything's freaking bugged.
    Please don't release broken content.
    -Everything is still bugged.
    If you mistakenly release broken content, REMOVE IT AND FIX IT. Don,t let us endure that freaking torture while you half-assedly work on a fix.
    Most players hate this map even when it's working ( for all susmentioned reasons, it's too long, too easy to defend last, unbalanced when team number changes, too many ties )... and sometime it doesn't even work.

Be professional, seriously. The map is broken, disable it until it works.
    Most players will still hate it because of all other reasons, but at least it'll work.
    What kind of business let broken content run...
    Companies recall stuff constantly when it's broken, even if it's a huge pain in the *** and an horrible financial loss.
    But a map?
    If you've done your **** right, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to disable a map from the rotation.

It's the 2nd time this week I've lost/tied a map when I should've won.
    We crushed their defense on point 1, but they capped after the timer, and it bugged, we couldn't cap anything.

So our rewards for shutting down an offensive team was to screw around for 10 minutes just so we could score a tie, unable to cap anything.

If you ( Trion ) ever PVP, you know how horribly frustrating that is. Not only we,re robbed of a win, of favors, of gear... we have to stand 10 minutes in that crap of a map while its rubbing it in our faces.

Lots of people hate this map and would like to see it gone, and I'm not going that far, just...
    DISABLE IT. Until it's fixed.
    Bad content is a thing. Some peopel like, some don't. Just happens that most seems not to like this one.
    But bad content that doesn't work yet remains on, is a whole different thing. This is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    lol are there 8 healers on that team?
    Not to mention the 2x Duos and the 5 man premade with that. 8x healers with well over 1 mil healpoints. lol, nice
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

Plus the run back in the last room is crazy short (or respawn timer too short). You manage to get a healer or two down, and they are back before you make any more progress. I have rarely seen a win in the last room once the defence team has fully arrived.

Two easy wins I saw:

1) I sprinted in and got there before the other team and clicked final sword (maybe they all got lost/delayed)
    2) Crazy small teams of 5-6 and I snuck past them to sword, my team distracted them and they never noticed me capping.

But those are cheap/cheesy wins TBH. Can't remember if I have seen a win as intended - i.e. both teams duking out and one overpowering for the final cap. Just doesn't happen anymore. This makes the OP's scenario all the more important because of the massive disadvantage of defending first if the teams grow significantly in size.

One solution to tie break would be the speed of 2nd cap in a 2-all draw, but again, this probably gives an unfair advantage to the team attacking first in the small group start scenario.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Am I the only one that has had mostly good experiences with this map?
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast