+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Foolio
  • 1 Post By Foolio
  • 1 Post By Sekirach
  • 1 Post By Godgrinder

Thread: Which to get first? Warmonger wep or 3-peice bonus?

Plane Walker

Default Which to get first? Warmonger wep or 3-peice bonus?

We need quite a bit of favour to get these things so im wondering which will make the most difference to dps? New wep or 5% pvp bonus?

Well, atm you must have the ranged Warmonger weapon (upgraded) to get the 3/3 set bonus. So... why not that?

Sword of Telara

I was going to look at the efficiency of various orders of upgrading to warmonger's at some point anyway. I did it for ephemeral->frenetic before, and it needed doing again, so I went and did it before writing this reply.

I'm not sure that the OP is asking the right question here. In all my calculations I ignored the warmonger weapon procs and the 5% bonus as they are hard to quantify, but I'm not sure that doing so is entirely unjustifiable: it requires you to buy the warmonger range weapon at 1400k favor, and unless you're a rogue that's a HUGE amount to pay for a single slot upgrade. Rogues get it better because of the weapon DPS improvement. I'd be inclined to think that most people don't play enough to be limited by the AC marks rather than the favor here, and also I'd think that the gear upgrades would make more difference in most circumstances.

As I wrote on the spreadsheet, I'm honestly wondering if it's worth bothering with the weapons and just using the t2 store ones instead. The most efficient thing to do seems to be to spend AC marks on upgrading the gear in the order I listed and then using any leftover favor on the weapons. The amount of favor required is pretty ridiculous really. It seems better from my point of view to save t2 marks for the store mainhand weapon (and offhand if cleric/mage) and use warmonger marks on the ranged weapon for the 5%, unless Trion decide to make the trinket also give the set bonus.

Of course, if they decide to go on and add another tier of PvP gear before the next expansion it could upgrade out of the warmonger's weapons, but then again t3 store weapons presumably come with it, so...
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Yeah i was going to try for weapons too, but with my casual ~2hrs a night I wouldn't ever see them and would neglect all my gear.

So gear first for me I guess. Best pvp patch ever.

Sword of Telara

I too had been saving for weapons until doing that. Not any more.

What I want to know is why they completely removed weapons from the marauder boxes. Both my mage and cleric now have wands I can't replace with something that doesn't get bolstered without effectively wasting currency buying from the store or upgrading expert drops (it'd be cheaper to upgrade from dreambreaker...), or raiding.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    What I want to know is why they completely removed weapons from the marauder boxes. .
    because money. and they happen to like round numbers. 99 euros ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    because money. and they happen to like round numbers. 99 euros ftw.
    Yeah and since PvP gear is no longer considered bis in pvp/pve at all, it's perfectly within trions own words to put them on the store because we would obviously never sell bis and go pay to win, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Godgrinder View Post
    Yeah and since PvP gear is no longer considered bis in pvp/pve at all, it's perfectly within trions own words to put them on the store because we would obviously never sell bis and go pay to win, right?
    The problem i$, they are bi$ for pvp. So idk what they were thinking to put them up for credit$.

Hmmm...
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 12-18-2015 at 03:35 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Oh yay everyone is noticing finally. Archonix is going back on rift's stance against selling bis items for cash.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    The problem i$, they are bi$ for pvp.
    We don't yet know the t3 downbolster stats. At the moment it's no worse than them selling t1 gear in the store for credits before 3.5 really, except that the weapons now take so much more effort to obtain conventionally.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

We don't yet know the t3 downbolster stats. At the moment it's no worse than them selling t1 gear in the store for credits before 3.5 really, except that the weapons now take so much more effort to obtain conventionally.
    They have procs, they are bis for pvp.

Edit: good procs
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 12-18-2015 at 03:57 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

As I wrote on the spreadsheet, I'm honestly wondering if it's worth bothering with the weapons and just using the t2 store ones instead. The most efficient thing to do seems to be to spend AC marks on upgrading the gear in the order I listed and then using any leftover favor on the weapons. The amount of favor required is pretty ridiculous really. It seems better from my point of view to save t2 marks for the store mainhand weapon (and offhand if cleric/mage) and use warmonger marks on the ranged weapon for the 5%, unless Trion decide to make the trinket also give the set bonus.

Of course, if they decide to go on and add another tier of PvP gear before the next expansion it could upgrade out of the warmonger's weapons, but then again t3 store weapons presumably come with it, so...
    this is what i did as soon as 3.5 came out. i bought the t2 store 1h and i'm using the t2 epic off hand from sicaron. it may or may not be better to upgrade the off hand to relic (i do have an eye), but i'm probably not going to bother.

pvp weapons will come when they come i guess. i think i'm nearly half way towards getting one, but only because i had 300k favor to buy 3 marks when 3.5 dropped.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread