+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Jegodin
  • 1 Post By Nantucket
  • 1 Post By Nantucket
  • 1 Post By Jegodin

Thread: [VIDEO] New Playlist - Duels (Latest match: Jegodin vs Lotusss)

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Jegodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    174

    Default [VIDEO] New Playlist - Duels (Latest match: Jegodin vs Lotusss)

    Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...M65SDidAcpJQGb

    Latest Video: Jegodin vs Lotusss



    Looking for some fun and challenging 1v1s? Add Jegodin@Seastone and I'll feature our match on youtube.
    Last edited by Jegodin; 12-17-2015 at 01:03 PM.

  2. #2
    Rift Master Nantucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    620

    Default

    You should feel bad for beating up someone who is apparently very nice according to recent polling.

    Shame on you!
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Xamaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jegodin View Post
    Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...M65SDidAcpJQGb

    Latest Video: Jegodin vs Lotusss



    Looking for some fun and challenging 1v1s? Add Jegodin@Seastone and I'll feature our match on youtube.
    Can you record you duelling him with 61 paragon. Would like to see you duel him with a full dps spec, the spec you are using in this duel is really not viable for warfronts (other than holding points against the occasional incoming assassin)
    Dispatched@laethys

  4. #4
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    Can you record you duelling him with 61 paragon. Would like to see you duel him with a full dps spec, the spec you are using in this duel is really not viable for warfronts (other than holding points against the occasional incoming assassin)
    I believe he's using a shielding trinket and a 2h primalist relic tank weapon (rip eye).

    But kinda unfair don't you think? Basically duelling someone with 300k effective hp with absorbs and cds sorted in.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    I believe he's using a shielding trinket and a 2h primalist relic tank weapon (rip eye).

    But kinda unfair don't you think? Basically duelling someone with 300k effective hp with absorbs and cds sorted in.
    Lotusss said "want to try assdancer?" if you look at the beginning of the video, a pve dps spec with no heals at all, vs an essentially 300k health tank with constant absorbs from lack of bolstering in duels. Duels are dumb, they're just based on procs and gear instead of any shred of skill that it might have had before. Even playing fields are a joke with the transform greaters, trinket procs, and weapon procs that we have in the current state of the game. Here we can see a rogue that is clearly better than the warrior get beat 100% by gear/spec, shows how dumb duels are in this game now.
    Last edited by Averwinge; 12-18-2015 at 06:39 AM.
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

  6. #6
    Rift Master Nantucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    620

    Default

    So much serious in this thread. It looks like two people that like to duel messing around.....
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Jegodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    the spec you are using in this duel is really not viable for warfronts (other than holding points against the occasional incoming assassin)
    oh come now... have a little faith in me, man. you'd be foolish to use this against a raid that's stacking healers (due to the lack of big burst), but for you to say it's not really viable isn't completely true.

    Observe:

    Last edited by Jegodin; 12-20-2015 at 01:16 PM.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Jegodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Averwinge View Post
    Lotusss said "want to try assdancer?" if you look at the beginning of the video, a pve dps spec with no heals at all, vs an essentially 300k health tank with constant absorbs from lack of bolstering in duels.
    Averwinge, that's true, if you watch the video all the way through, you would have noticed I pointed out that I forgot to start recording at the beginning of the first match, catching it shortly after it started, where Lotusss had plenty of heals (including a Illustrious Healing Potion).


    Quote Originally Posted by Averwinge View Post
    Duels are dumb, they're just based on procs and gear instead of any shred of skill that it might have had before
    As far as duels being dumb, I'd say they they just don't receive enough attention when it comes to PvP balancing (e.g. like wfs get bolstering, duels really do not). I think it's something trion should implement, or at least migrate bolstering logic to PvP dimensions. Maybe a dimension item you could place in your dimension that would apply Warfront bolstering logic to all players in the dimension.

    Duels are not based on procs and gear alone either man... I had to really play around with that spec for nearly a year before I got it synergized just right with some very specific gear I chose strictly based on my hybrid. I can't just throw on my tank weapon and tank trinket and win duels... I have to cleverly use specific abilities and gear to survive longer than you, and in the end I do enough damage to kill you. It's a balance between tanking and DPS created just for PvP.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jegodin View Post
    As far as duels being dumb, I'd say they they just don't receive enough attention when it comes to PvP balancing (e.g. like wfs get bolstering, duels really do not). I think it's something trion should implement, or at least migrate bolstering logic to PvP dimensions. Maybe a dimension item you could place in your dimension that would apply Warfront bolstering logic to all players in the dimension.
    If there was bolstering in dimensions, PvP would be in a much better state than it is. Realistically, the chances of Trion doing something for PvP other than adding more tiers of gear to keep PvPers busy and paying, is very low. Bolstering in dimensions would allow competitive 3v3s, 5v5s, even an open PvP setting with flags for teams and all, that are already in place. Not having bolstering in dims is a dumb enough idea in itself, and not giving an option is kinda ridiculous
    10/10 do agree
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    57

    Default

    I LOVE YOU ALL
    Last edited by Viziro; 12-19-2015 at 12:33 PM.
    Vmannn@Greybriar aka PvP God - Level 65 Warrior

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Jegodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viziro View Post
    I LOVE YOU ALL
    I love you too, Vmann.


+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts