+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Uneven matchmaking

Default Uneven matchmaking

http://i.imgur.com/2kQN4Ae.jpg

ELO works sooooo well.

Last edited by DarkDaemon; 12-16-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Default This happens

To me on all my toons ... I just assume the only way I will get a "balanced" wf is if I 5 man so that our 5 can win the match due to all the potatoes I get all the time ... this has been oft discussed sadly no comment ever from Trion.

Down 150 Elo in the past 3 days because of this. Almost every team i get when solo queue has downs.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

The matches seem to have been very lopsided this last week ... wondering if people grinding for sparkles has something to do with it. I solo queue 99% of the time.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Since I started only playing heals, my elo has gone up. Plus I've been playing much more lately. That being said, the majority of matches are nowhere near balanced. I find that most matches I'm the only healer, especially. As time passed, players not interested in pvp slowly gave up, but sparkles has resurrected their "interest" in pvp. The majority of those players just queue dps and parse on the tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Elo Matchmaking works fine

Your are posting 3 matches out of how many

I guess I'll start saving my matches to show people how balanced matches are in general

Yes, there is lopsided matches, they happen, Its not perfect

I've went roughly 22-7 last nite, gained 50ish elo, and played so many tight matches, that a single swap of 1 person spec, was the game changer, or marking the right person

I even beat Lotusss who was trolling in whitefall by going tank, and picking the only stone, and not turning it in

Win % is 57% It means i still lose 43% of the time =o

I remember losing a super tight codex, where we got behind by at least 200 points initially, then managed a comeback to hold codex and statue, ( 3 nodes to catch up ), and at the end, we lost statue for 2 second, to recover it, but it was too late, we lost by 4 points, that missed tick point, made us lose

Orchestrated a library win, by setting my team all at the bottom with runes , while my team was getting slaughtered in the middle, we won by less than 50 points ;o

Anyway, I'll start saving screens
    And I'll show most situations ;o

Sincerely, Exxy

Soulwalker

Matchmaking for me today was exceptionally bad. It didn't matter if I was dps or healing, it was a one sided slaughter almost every game. Most of the games one team had higher damage and healing. A few of the games one team had vastly more damage while the other team had slightly more healing, or vastly more healing on one team and slightly more damage on the other. Only one game that I can recall today felt like a close match, and there was an afker in that game funny enough.

Today I lost seven more games than I won and went down about 60 elo. I always solo queue.

Maybe the people chasing sparkles are screwing up the matchmaking. It is possible the people that never usually pvp should have a significantly higher or lower elo and it is skewing everything. The number of "potatoes" is certainly higher than normal.

My other guess would be Trion tried to improve matchmaking and it didn't work well.

These lopsided games are not enjoyable. I can't recall ever seeing so many consistently one-sided matches before.

#resetday
    #i'vepotatobloodinmyveins
    #lfmwf1400hitminimum
    Last edited by Ballzyboy; 12-17-2015 at 01:04 AM.

Plane Touched

i think whats going on is pve raiders in top gear are doing que's together to burn the charges and just destroy the casuals.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by nessis View Post
    i think whats going on is pve raiders in top gear are doing que's together to burn the charges and just destroy the casuals.
    Or... PvPers in top gear are destroying casuals...
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 12-19-2015 at 01:31 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Rift Disciple

Matchmaking is completely unbalanced atm, has been for 3 weeks.
    About 3 days ago I did WFs for 12hrs straight (farming sparkles and favor with vials) . Played ~60 games, won ~10 (drew almost as much). Lost 200 elo. Did 60m damage or so. When I change to heals, another healer just ends up switching to DPS even though I only have Phys-tac set up atm (don't have enough for another role slot yet).
    Other team ALWAYS has the premades, then again I usually do more than the average 5 players combined so I guess the matchmaking considers me a premade

Plane Touched

the damn sparkle quest has destroyed wf's
    people group up with geared guildies to farm sparkles and most are useing team speak so more people get qued on the losing side.
    i wish not to see another quest like this again it's making me hate the game or at lest broken ***** pvp.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

I just don't understand, besides random charges(which arguable most did already for the marks), WF's are a horrible way to get sparkles.

Very sad matchmaking recently. So sad in fact, that Bronze tomb didn't end in a tie!
    <Druidz R Us>

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Since I started only playing heals, my elo has gone up. Plus I've been playing much more lately. That being said, the majority of matches are nowhere near balanced. I find that most matches I'm the only healer, especially. As time passed, players not interested in pvp slowly gave up, but sparkles has resurrected their "interest" in pvp. The majority of those players just queue dps and parse on the tanks.
    The majority of my wfs I have to beg for someone to heal with me. It's really frustrating because sometimes I want to dps or play support but I can't because there aren't any reliable healers or there's not enough to cover the raid. My win percentage is only 53% granted I'm solo queuing most of the time. I can't imagine what it would be if I only ever played dps.

I agree that a lot of nonpvpers are joining wfs now due to sparkles. I love and hate wfs at the same time :c

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast