+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Foolio

Thread: Looking to start playing again

Soulwalker

Default Looking to start playing again

Hello, I have been pulling my brains out on what to play. I have always liked Rift and want to get back into it. I am more of a PvP kind of player, so I am looking for a pvp guild. I do pve here and there but yea! Hit me up if any guilds are recruiting
    Last edited by Halidor; 12-16-2015 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halidor View Post
    Hello, I have been pulling my brains out on what to play. I have always liked Rift and want to get back into it. I am more of a PvP kind of player, so I am looking for a pvp guild. I do pve here and there but yea! Hit me up if any guilds are recruiting
    seastone is a dead server your best bet finding a "pvp" guild is to find a pve guild that runs pm's to cap marks every week.thats about all the pvp rift has to offer these days.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Sword of Telara

If you're thinking of come back, there are things I'd suggest you might want to know before you sink a lot of time. I'm trying not to be too biased here, Trion did say that they were looking at introducing more PvP changes but not all that much has happened except a new tier of gear thus far. We've also got a rather buggy and generally despised warfront. I'm not saying it's terrible, at the end of the day it's whether you find it enjoyable or not, but if you haven't been here for a while then it's worth pointing out a few things:
    1. People who raid and complete the PvP dailies/weeklies consistently will have a large gear advantage over you. I no longer know what the maximum difference is roughly but it's rather big.
    2. Warfronts are full of people who are there only for the currency as it buys gear which is effective in PvE as well.
    3. The matchmaker is questionable at times. Exactly how much of a bother this is seems to be a matter of individuals' opinions.
    4. If you don't buy earring slots you're at a big disadvantage.
    5. If you don't grind your faction rep with the zone dailies, you're at a fairly large disadvantage. But then again I guess this one was largely true of SL as well.
    6. If you don't have a reasonable amount of plat to throw around, you're at a large disadvantage as the high-tier runes are now rather pricey and so are the new dream orbs.
    7. Patron status will significantly increase the rate at which you can upgrade gear due to the currency increase and extra weekly charges. I'd throw 50-60% faster around as a rough estimate.
    Soul/calling balance is better than it has been for quite some months from my point of view. It's still questionable as to which calling has the short straw really, but one thing's for sure: melee is strongly disfavoured due to the incredible power and CC that ranged specs offer now.

As for guilds, I don't really know: I'm guildless because I haven't found anywhere that I really want to be. Then again I'm not really looking at all as I'm not playing all that much at the moment.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread