+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How viable are Cabalist and Warlock in Warfronts?

DST
    Rift Disciple

Default How viable are Cabalist and Warlock in Warfronts?

I currently run Warrior (Paragon) but I think Cabalist and Warlock look really fun and interesting.

If I were to run Warfronts as them would I be alright? I don't want to be detrimental to the team.

cab is very very good but very situational. nothing can really break up a stalemate like cab can, but a lot of aoe healing and cleanses can and will counter you pretty easily, and the single target dps is terrible.

that said the overall dps pressure and cc/purges cab can throw out is pretty much unmatched, but if you want to play a cleric, playing just cab isn't really the way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JPp8DhwfoY

this is fairly recent and a good example of what cab is capable of in the right situation.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    I currently run Warrior (Paragon) but I think Cabalist and Warlock look really fun and interesting.

If I were to run Warfronts as them would I be alright? I don't want to be detrimental to the team.
    Ecru is right-I've seen some clerics that really know how to cab and it can change stalemates. That being said I'm not much experienced myself in it-never wanted to really create a mass aoe soul, so I didn't.

Warlock is mostly interesting in its build to shut down healers/hamper them severely with a buildup, but overall I'd have to say individually most get killed fairly easily and only the better played ones do well because of individual player skill. I'd still go pyro in either case because as stated, only a really skilled warlock is going to make that difference to kill a healer vs. the dumbed down pyro where you macro a lot and the honest to goodness best way to simply play it is to run through all your CD's constantly in a row non-stop. Get Ride the Wind I think its called and you run around shooting out procs and are nigh un CC'able. Of course to maximize the soul you'd do less just hitting all CD buttons, but lets be honest, that's kind of what you want to do before you learn to do X before Y to get better results. I was bored with pyro 3 iterations ago; Miss the squirrel pyro days.

Plane Walker

If are mage,
    go Dom or Pyro,
    make all the tears,
    shed.

(Harb is scary too)
    Last edited by Wonski; 12-15-2015 at 08:14 AM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

+ Reply to Thread