+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: AoE and WF Objectives

Default AoE and WF Objectives

Alright, I'm just going to point out one of the biggest flaws in Warfronts right now. This being how AoE damage interrupts the capturing of objectives.

This has to be one of the most annoying and unfair issues with Warfronts right now. It exists on every map where an objective can be interacted with (excluding CQ extractors). All of the existing WFs are affected by this, but particular ones (namely domination and Bronze Tomb) are affected the most. The issue essentially stems anyone using spamable AoE (then possibly line of sighting in the case of Bronze Tomb) to prevent the player from capping a point.

To fix this, I'd like to request that the objectives either lose their ability to be interrupted by AoE damage or be changed to function in a KotH style cap system where the more players around an objective is what caps it.

Either way this needs to be fixed. Particularly in the case of Bronze Tomb. Cheesing Warfronts by using AoE is ******** and does not constitute fair, balanced play.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 12-14-2015 at 07:03 AM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

A premade lost to plebs and proles clicking near the flag.

Unfortunately it's a needed, it helps the underdog win.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-14-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post

This is bad balance. The game's that are causing me to start this thread are mostly due to people using certain souls like physician to cross heal whilst spamming Mass Blood Transfusion. Since there's so much cross healing going around groups of healers can hold down a point indefinitely vs much larger groups usually to the point where even if they're outnumbered, the point lead they'll get will be far too high to catch up.

WF premades honestly have nothing to do with this. It's mostly just to deal with certain specs and souls outright shutting out a match. Ties in this game count as losses for both teams and are a bad thing. Changes should be made to minimize them as much as possible.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 12-14-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Shadowlander

I agree completely, when I am on a side that is playing effectively and yet still unable to break the gridlock. I disagree, however, when My team is getting slaughtered and My meager inquisitor aoe are the only thing keeping it from being a complete blowout.
    Overall, I think this mechanic should remain because, though I see people using it often, I would not say that it is used by everyone.
    Just My two cents.
    -Levi

Rift Disciple

While I don't think removing AoE break is an option, I do feel that some large AoE spells shouldn't break.

Honestly, I think KotH, especially on maps that are based around capping flags (and Bronze Tomb), would be a much better solution to the current situation for domination based maps.

I don't mind this interrupting remaining in Fang, Stockpile, Whitefall, Library, Blighted (ctf objective) and Ghar since while the objectives are important, they are far more flexible in those warfronts.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 12-14-2015 at 03:34 PM.

MORE FIREWALLS.

It is an annoying feature of warfronts. That said, with KotH, I could see that just be a rolling pair of herds around, for example, Codex. And you can't even dive off the cliff to interrupt that guy at 'Scope in the middle of capturing it, because now the flag is turning slowly by his very presence
    Nyathera, Kithra, Hekili, Nyalist @ Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    This is bad balance. The game's that are causing me to start this thread are mostly due to people using certain souls like physician to cross heal whilst spamming Mass Blood Transfusion. Since there's so much cross healing going around groups of healers can hold down a point indefinitely vs much larger groups usually to the point where even if they're outnumbered, the point lead they'll get will be far too high to catch up.

WF premades honestly have nothing to do with this. It's mostly just to deal with certain specs and souls outright shutting out a match. Ties in this game count as losses for both teams and are a bad thing. Changes should be made to minimize them as much as possible.
    I agree with regards to abilities like mass blood transfusion.

how about we meet halfway and suggest that channelled abilities only interrupt on the first tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I agree with regards to abilities like mass blood transfusion.

how about we meet halfway and suggest that channelled abilities only interrupt on the first tick.
    I'd be fine with that if I was 100% sure the devs could correctly implement it. Also DoTs shouldn't interrupt.

Either way, KotH might be a nice way to change a few things up.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 12-14-2015 at 04:31 PM.

I'd be fine with that if I was 100% sure the devs could correctly implement it. Also DoTs shouldn't interrupt.

Either way, KotH might be a nice way to change a few things up.
    and you think devs that couldn't correctly implement the suggestion could correctly implement KotH?

have a little faith in the Trion Devs, they could probably get it finished in ten minutes. no, wait, just five minutes.
    hang on, make that twenty five minutes. look, how about we just give them till the CQ second phase timer ends, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Telaran

Alright, I'm just going to point out one of the biggest flaws in Warfronts right now. This being how AoE damage interrupts the capturing of objectives.

This has to be one of the most annoying and unfair issues with Warfronts right now. It exists on every map where an objective can be interacted with (excluding CQ extractors). All of the existing WFs are affected by this, but particular ones (namely domination and Bronze Tomb) are affected the most. The issue essentially stems anyone using spamable AoE (then possibly line of sighting in the case of Bronze Tomb) to prevent the player from capping a point.

To fix this, I'd like to request that the objectives either lose their ability to be interrupted by AoE damage or be changed to function in a KotH style cap system where the more players around an objective is what caps it.

Either way this needs to be fixed. Particularly in the case of Bronze Tomb. Cheesing Warfronts by using AoE is ******** and does not constitute fair, balanced play.

But this is what makes 61 Cab fun. Just hit someone with a Curse and they're totally oblivious while damaging their own team more than the rest of us.
    Last edited by Yaros the Hawk; 12-14-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    and you think devs that couldn't correctly implement the suggestion could correctly implement KotH?

have a little faith in the Trion Devs, they could probably get it finished in ten minutes. no, wait, just five minutes.
    hang on, make that twenty five minutes. look, how about we just give them till the CQ second phase timer ends, ok?
    I'm mostly suggesting it because extractors in CQ already fit the bill with what we'd need. Moving them over to make up for having to individually rework each ability for PvP would be easier and should take less time.

It's not the Dev's we've lost faith in - it's the people pushing them, rushing things. I've noticed they're on here less and less. They must really be under the pump. Poor guys.

I've made a lot of long well thought out posts describing this and even ways to alter the mechanic for PvP to make it less corny overall. Buried and forgotten. I wouldn't count on it.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post

^^^^^^^^^

I would agree with the OP if the matchmaking was done right in Rift.
    But the teams are HORRIBLY unbalanced something like 25% of the time, and just slightly unbalanced another 25-50% of the time.

With a KOTH capping mechanic, the team that get randomly assigned best players would basically ALWAYS win, and win fast.
    And a solid premade sitting on the point would win it as well.

There would be no "by the teeth" wins for the underdogs, because it'd be all about kills then. And the worse team, by definition, just can't kill more.

But they can cap more sometime. That gives them a bit of a chance.

Not to mention that people would just run 20 AoE healers and sit on the point crosshealing everything and literally no one would die.

In short : Fix the matchmaking, then we can rediscuss this.
    But as unbalanced as most games are right now, this would be terrible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast