+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warmonger Update

Default Warmonger Update

The most recent PTS patch saw the arrival of the Warmonger tier for PvP gear.

Warmonger Update-warmonergear.png

Just like last time, Warmonger pieces have only a single tertiary stat, but they are listed in-line to save space. Weapons and Essences cannot be upgraded to the Warmonger tier. Upgrade costs from Frentic -> Warmonger are identical to Dreambreaker -> Frenetic upgrade costs.

Along with the new upgrade paths added to armor pieces and accessories, a new upgrade component and new weapons were added to the store.

Warmongers Mark
    Warmonger Update-warmongermark.png

Purchasable for 100,000 favor or 750 credits, Warmonger's Marks have a weekly cap of 6 and are used to purchase the new Warmonger weapons.

Warmonger's Weapons
    The new Warmonger weapons available on the store are T1 Epic quality by default and upgrade to T2 Epic quality which also adds a proc effect. Ranged weapons are not yet available. They are purchased with Warmonger's Marks or Credits, and are upgraded with Abyssal Crusader's Accelerators and Favor Infused Accelerators.

Warmonger Update-warmongerweapons.jpg

The proc effects on the T2 quality upgraded Warmonger's weapons are the same as those found on T1 Relic weapons.

Warmonger Update-warmongerprocs.png
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

I wonder how poopy the proc nerf is for the healy weapons.

shp
    Champion

Nice.

Btw. Can you confirm if lock box gear gets the upgrade path to t2?

Quote Originally Posted by shp View Post
    Nice.

Btw. Can you confirm if lock box gear gets the upgrade path to t2?
    You mean Marauder's Cache? All pvp items have the upgrade path to Warmonger (aside from weps/essences).
    Last edited by Riane; 11-19-2015 at 04:41 PM.

shp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    You mean Marauder's Cache? All pvp items have the upgrade path to Warmonger (aside from weps/essences).
    No, I mean store lock boxes, gear dropped in Jolt supply crate etc. Maybe it got updated as well.

Excellent writeup and tables Stihl! Thank you for putting this together for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I wonder how poopy the proc nerf is for the healy weapons.
    If working as intended it will be 77.5% but who knows. Procs in pvp are wonky.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Thanks for keeping us updated Stihl.
    Allegory@Deepwood
    Nuances@Deepwood R.I.P <Nephilim>

Ty

/10char

4 weeks capping WM for a 2H seems a bit lot for me especially because, 600K favour/week is roughly 120 bgs/week, if we can win a lot and got around 5K/bg.
    So buying 2H around 500 bgs depending win or lose. (without vial) It is an excessive amount of bgs. So if I play 5 times/week 24 bgs/day 1 bg around 10 mins~4 hours daily strictly pvp.

I know behind this the reason is to increase selling favor vials (aka more money from PVP players), but please consider reduce weekly cap to 5 WM and reduce the marks a bit maybe only 10/20 instead of 12/24?
    That still sufficient amount of bgs. I cant say even when I was playing actively I done 100 bgs/week. Lucky I have dozens favor vial in my bank.

Cant decide yet is it appealing or repulsive tough. If we would have plenty to play against and not the same faces over and over!?

Or trion could finally resurrect CQ! And we can farm favor in CQ again.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

whats the point of adding new "pvp" weapons to the game?why not just allow us to upgrade the weapons we all ready have? "pvp".

glad to see another upgrade path for our pvp gear but not being able to upgrade our weapons and lessors seems a little fishy to me.
    Last edited by butkus; 11-20-2015 at 05:58 AM.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    whats the point of adding new "pvp" weapons to the game?why not just allow us to upgrade the weapons we all ready have? "pvp".
    I thought your biggest beef with the current system was the truck load of ACM you needed to get PvP gear upgraded.

If so, why are you pissed that people can now buy a frenetic level PvP weapon with a currency that doesn't conflict with that necessary to upgrade armor?

If you ask me, the new system implemented just shortened the amount of time it would of taken for a new player to 'gear up'.

Because while they are saving their ACM for gear drops/upgrades, they don't have to upgrade from dreambreaker->frenetic->Warmonger

Now for weapons they'd only need ACM to go from 'frenetic' -> Warmonger.
    <Druidz R Us>

Shadowlander

No Warmonger ranged weapons yet available?
    Last edited by Kuol; 11-20-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    I thought your biggest beef with the current system was the truck load of ACM you needed to get PvP gear upgraded.

If so, why are you pissed that people can now buy a frenetic level PvP weapon with a currency that doesn't conflict with that necessary to upgrade armor?

If you ask me, the new system implemented just shortened the amount of time it would of taken for a new player to 'gear up'.

Because while they are saving their ACM for gear drops/upgrades, they don't have to upgrade from dreambreaker->frenetic->Warmonger

Now for weapons they'd only need ACM to go from 'frenetic' -> Warmonger.

simple question yet you failed to answer it,shocking!

"I thought your biggest beef with the current system was the truck load of ACM you needed to get PvP gear upgraded"

ACM's do take to long to earn from pvping alone but i never said that was my biggest "beef".my biggest "beef" is the FACT pvp gear is a tier behind pve gear.

"If so, why are you pissed that people can now buy a frenetic level PvP weapon with a currency that doesn't conflict with that necessary to upgrade armor?"

where did i say i was pissed?i asked a question that you did not answer.why not allow them "new pvp weapons" to be upgraded to T3?

players with frenetic weapons do what with them?vendor 'em?why not add an upgrade path for them as well as adding new weapons?what about ranged weapons?guess pvpers are stuck with sub par range weapon for the time being,right?lessors?

"If you ask me, the new system implemented just shortened the amount of time it would of taken for a new player to 'gear up'.

Because while they are saving their ACM for gear drops/upgrades, they don't have to upgrade from dreambreaker->frenetic->Warmonger"

hhhmmmm, well we still have to up grade now from dream to warmonger as well as griding for a new weapon.like i said above frenetic to warmonger is easier to upgrade then buying a new weapon then upgrading that,right?why not both?
    Last edited by butkus; 11-20-2015 at 08:11 AM.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Default +1 because

-Favor has a place in this game again

-Its a 100% grindable way to a t2 wep aka new nm saga

-We get t2 relic procs in wfs

-CQ becomes interesting again due to possible honor farming (3 sides draw ftw)

-Way less buggy and strangely working bolstering > you can rely on all stats now -t3

-Some T2 pvp items like earring (if you dont have the 2 relics yet) seems little better than hk drops> more stuff to swap n play with

I think this will be funny, only thing I miss is the zerker proc for primalists but.... gp hm not that hard
    Last edited by Orgone; 11-20-2015 at 08:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast